Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR to beat the mighty Oasis and U2?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR to beat the mighty Oasis and U2?  (Read 16859 times)
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 10, 2006, 10:10:53 PM »

http://www.live4ever.us/newsroom.html

Very interesting I hope to god Chinese Democaracy comes out that day it will give me two all time great albums to buy that day Stop the Clocks and Chinese Democracy! drool
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »

Mmm well its cool that they mention it...

I believe that if the date is promoted ALOT and theres a kick ass single that GNR could even beat out Jay Z

EDIT: Better hope Bono doesn't read this thread..  hihi

Kidding.. you were against this release right Bono? Isn't it a greatest hits of sorts?

gnrevolution.com
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 10:21:52 PM »

Freaking christ I love U2 but its enough with the hits compilations already, oh GNR will smash Jay-Z if they go to head to head. I know Noel Gallagher would even get Democracy if it came out that day he's influenced by GNR you can hear a little bit in some solos ala Live Forever.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:23:52 PM »

Freaking christ I love U2 but its enough with the hits compilations already, oh GNR will smash Jay-Z if they go to head to head. I know Noel Gallagher would even get Democracy if it came out that day he's influenced by GNR you can hear a little bit in some solos ala Live Forever.

GNR wont smash Jay-Z in the U.S... trust me. Not without promo.

The average 15 year old who walks in the record store Nov 21st will see Chinese Democracy and the Jay-Z album and walk out with Jay-Z. Like I said.. .unless theres promo. If they even have a medium amount of promotion and a single, GNR stands a chance.

gnrevolution.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 10:50:29 PM »

The average 15 year old who walks in the record store Nov 21st will see Chinese Democracy and the Jay-Z album and walk out with Jay-Z.

Not me, but then again I'm far from average.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:53:38 PM »

The average 15 year old who walks in the record store Nov 21st will see Chinese Democracy and the Jay-Z album and walk out with Jay-Z. Like I said.. .unless theres promo. If they even have a medium amount of promotion and a single, GNR stands a chance.

its not really a competition between Jay-z and GNR.   I think most GNR fans aren't going to be buying the Jay-z album and vice versa.

Oasis is the only one I think would be competition.  U2 isn't even rock music, GNR isn't going to be something the average U2 fan wants.    And i think most GNR fans dont give a shit about a shitty band like U2 with their self-serving, whiny, crap music.

But GNR blows them all away.  smoking
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:08 PM »

its not really a competition between Jay-z and GNR.? ?I think most GNR fans aren't going to be buying the Jay-z album and vice versa.

Oasis is the only one I think would be competition.? U2 isn't even rock music, GNR isn't going to be something the average U2 fan wants.? ? And i think most GNR fans dont give a shit about a shitty band like U2 with their self-serving, whiny, crap music.

But GNR blows them all away.? smoking

I agree, I like Oasis, hate U2, and absolutely despise Jay-Z, but thats just my opinion. Oasis greatist hits is pretty much just the album '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' with some bonus tracks, not anything any Oasis fan doesn't have - its only being released to fufill a contract.
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:01:52 PM »

Oasis hits collection draws heavily from Definitely Maybe, WTSMG and the b-sides of the Masterplan era if you live in England you probably have all 3 of these records or have been beaten up for not having them. Here in the states I hope it does well some monster tunes on it. Could have used some songs from the Be Here Now era though.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 11:04:59 PM »

Or could have used a couple of new tracks.  I'm a rare U.S. fan of Oasis (2nd favorite band after GNR), and this will be the only Oasis CD I probably won't ever buy.  I also didn't buy GNR's Greatest Hits for the same reason.  Nothing I don't own already.

It would be pretty sad if CD DID come out that same day and DID'NT beat an Oasis GH album.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 11:08:26 PM »

Or could have used a couple of new tracks.? I'm a rare U.S. fan of Oasis (2nd favorite band after GNR), and this will be the only Oasis CD I probably won't ever buy.? I also didn't buy GNR's Greatest Hits for the same reason.? Nothing I don't own already.

It would be pretty sad if CD DID come out that same day and DID'NT beat an Oasis GH album.

Why do you say rare US fan of Oasis? are there not many of us? I guess they never really toured the states on a grand scale though.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »

My wife and I saw Oasis twice in tha last year and a half.  Both times we travelled quite a bit just to see them...once in Indianapolis and once in Chicago.  Both times alot of people would ask us what concert we were going to and when we said Oasis, nearly everyone said "who's that?".  They're success here never really hit and I think now it's pretty rare to find someone who's even heard of them.

The wife and I are "mad for it" though.  My wife has told me she'd leave me for Noel, and I think Liam kicks a whole lotta ass.

November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 11:26:51 PM »

Oasis is the biggest band possibly ever not to be huge in the States. The record company tried to get Noel to release Stop the Clocks on this record as it is rumored to be one of the best tracks he has ever written which is saying a hell of alot. Oasis is now free from Sony and will hopefully sign with a label that actually will promote them properly stateside for the next official release.
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 11:29:02 PM »

My wife and I saw Oasis twice in tha last year and a half.  Both times we travelled quite a bit just to see them...once in Indianapolis and once in Chicago.  Both times alot of people would ask us what concert we were going to and when we said Oasis, nearly everyone said "who's that?".  They're success here never really hit and I think now it's pretty rare to find someone who's even heard of them.

The wife and I are "mad for it" though.  My wife has told me she'd leave me for Noel, and I think Liam kicks a whole lotta ass.

Oh wow was that the fateful Indy show in which Noel and some other members were injured in a car accident going to?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 11:30:49 PM »

To be honest with you, I would be perfectly happy with Oasis not being bigger here. ?The last show we went to in Indianapolis was at a small theater and was possibly the best show I've ever been to. ?That probably would'nt happen if they became a big, arena band here.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »

Oh wow was that the fateful Indy show in which Noel and some other members were injured in a car accident going to?

No.  That was a few years ago, and that show was cancelled.  Noel told the crowd to drive carefully during this show, though.

Beowulf
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »

Or could have used a couple of new tracks.? I'm a rare U.S. fan of Oasis (2nd favorite band after GNR), and this will be the only Oasis CD I probably won't ever buy.? I also didn't buy GNR's Greatest Hits for the same reason.? Nothing I don't own already.

Why do you say rare US fan of Oasis? are there not many of us? I guess they never really toured the states on a grand scale though.

Oasis is hardly a blip on the U.S. music scene. Most people don't even remember the band, and a majority of the ones that do consider them a one/two hit wonder from the 90's (Champagne Supernova and Wonderwall)...sure they have a few hardcore fans though. GNR wouldn't have much of a problem outselling them in the states. Jay-Z is another story.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 11:57:08 PM by Beowulf » Logged
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 11:54:03 PM »

GN'R and Jay-Z will not be released on the same day. At least not if Universal has anything to say about it. Jay-Z's label is part of Universal Music Group, just as Geffen is for GN'R. Why would a company send two of its biggest artists head to head against each other? They wouldn't and they won't.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 11:56:24 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »

I think its so sad that jayZ is competition for gnr, how can anyone who actually buys or owns a jayz record show their face in public or even walk donw the street.
Beowulf
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:57 AM »

I think its so sad that jayZ is competition for gnr, how can anyone who actually buys or owns a jayz record show their face in public or even walk donw the street.

Are you trying to tell me that you don't drive around blasting "Hard Knock Life"?  rofl
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 12:38:47 AM »

Unfortunately if CD comes out on the 14th it'll be strong for a week and then be completely crushed by Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z, and rock fans will buy Oasis and U2 meaning GN'R will sink!  Embarrassed Like it or not after a week a lot of people who didn't buy the album will just end up downloading it.

I'm going to buy two copies.  peace
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: