Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 45862 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Bush should stop being such a moron and talk with N Korea.

Simple as that.

His "with or without us" stance has failed so far, yet he is still ready to run off the edge of the cliff. So many are willing to follow him right off too.

So it is Bushs fualt that the Us prefers the 6 party talks. NK wants to talk to us direct becuase they want our money. We would only loose any 1 on 1 talk. The US is going to be the scape goat on this one I can see that already. Bush has already stated the US will not invade NK. But NK has said if the Us does not talk with them direct they will see it as a act of war and there will be physical repercussions.

If the Us demanded ?1 on 1 talks evrybody would call foul. The US is trying to deal with it with all parties involved.

FUCK NK

They can go to hell for all I care.

China is the only country with pull when it comes to NK not the US. The US is NK scapegoat for them to get there agenda done and it gets them TV time. Fuck them. ?Bush did screw up calling them axis of evil it only fueled there fire. ?The Us might not be able to fight the small terrorist with no ryme or reason that has no headquarters or country but we sure as hell can defend ourselves against a bunch of lunitics in NK wearing uniforms. ?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2006, 01:42:44 PM »

Bush did screw up calling them axis of evil it only fueled there fire.  The Us might not be able to fight the small terrorist with no ryme or reason that has no headquarters or country but we sure as hell can defend ourselves against a bunch of lunitics in NK wearing uniforms.   

He did fuck up.

Actually at this point they'd have a hard time. Our military is stretched thin, even our generals are reporting this.

Bush needs to sit down and talk. Not keep on with this cowboy bullshit.
Brody
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2006, 02:13:07 PM »

I saw that moron crying about Clinton, give me a break.

This is a bit harsh.  McCain is like any politician (dem or rep), they position themselves in the best way possible under a given circumstance (yes dems do it to folks).  Calling one of our nations most decorated and respected war veterans (and most well respected politicians by b oth parties) a moron is a bit over the top (even for you).

Why is everyone trying to place blame here?  I'm sure there is equal blame between Clinton and Bush and then equal blame between the US and all the other countries in the world that did nothing to stop this.  The arguement regarding placing blame is useless and irrelevant.  It's like blaming Clinton for not grabbing Bin Laden when he had the chance.  It's a stpuid arguement because its over and done with and the focus should be on how to proceed from this point.

So that being said, what should be done now?  Should we just hope that China can make progress in their talks with NK?  Should we plan a coalition of military action to pre-emptively strike NK?  Should the US go into bilateral talks with NK as they have requested?  What are the other options?  These are the real questions and points we should be discussing.  Arguing over what has happened in the past is like pissing into the wind.  What is the solution now folks?

Placing blame is ugly, but necessary.  The Bush admin has done nothing but pass the buck and not hold themselves accountable for anything.  Even when its virtually universallaly agreed upon that there were blunders (ie. Katrina) they still come out and say things like "heck of a job Brownie".  Reps are the best spinsters at blaming other people and hardly EVER pointing the finger at themselves.  Its time they were held accountable. 

Why Bush won't open a dialouge with NK is beyond me.  Its this cowboy attitude, this "you do it our way or no way" is ridiculous. Its a huge reason the world hates us.  It MIGHT have worked 6 years ago, but we have no rep anymore in the world.  Bush is largely considered a joke by the rest of the world.  While KJI is a total douche, NK isn't a terrorist group like Al Queda who we don't negotiate with (and rightfully so).  Clinton at least opened the doors of communication.  You can't solve anything by not talking. 

NK loves to sabre rattle - todays talks of "we will go to war with the US if they impose sanctions" is a lot of hot air - it should be taken seriously, but not literally.  NK just wants to show that they matter, that they are important.  I think talking to them to appease that and divert any conflict isn't caving in, its just being smart.  You can talk and still be stern.  but doing nothing?  Makes us just as crazy as KJI.

The US Agreed to talk with nk.. just along with the neighbors in the region.. 6 party talks come to mind at all?

I saw that moron crying about Clinton, give me a break.

This is a bit harsh.  McCain is like any politician (dem or rep), they position themselves in the best way possible under a given circumstance (yes dems do it to folks).  Calling one of our nations most decorated and respected war veterans (and most well respected politicians by b oth parties) a moron is a bit over the top (even for you).

Yeah, you're right.  I mean the Swift Boat Vets for Truth were REALLY respectful of John Kerry's service in Vietnam.  I mean, did the dems attack Bush or Cheney for their time in Nam...oh wait....

and Max Cleland - those Chambliss ads were REALLY respectful of a guy who gave two legs and an arm for his country - but c'mon, Cleland wasn't really patriotic was he??

Don't get me wrong, I like McCain for the most part (although seeing him bend over to the religious right recently was pretty pathetic) but don't act like the other side is that respectful either.  Its one thing for SLC to call McCain a moron, but entirely another thing when you see republican ads crapping all over people who ACTUALLY served their country.

Actually Bush spoke out against the swift boat adds and never attacked John Kerrys service. I'm not going to say anything about his service but i will admit JK is a joke as far as the Navy see's him.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:19:38 PM by Brody » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2006, 02:26:56 PM »

Brody..........what a macho military man. Beating up on somebody who served in Vietnam  Roll Eyes. Why aren't you in Iraq protecting us and spreading democracy?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2006, 03:01:41 PM »

Bush did screw up calling them axis of evil it only fueled there fire.? The Us might not be able to fight the small terrorist with no ryme or reason that has no headquarters or country but we sure as hell can defend ourselves against a bunch of lunitics in NK wearing uniforms.? ?

He did fuck up.

Actually at this point they'd have a hard time. Our military is stretched thin, even our generals are reporting this.

Bush needs to sit down and talk. Not keep on with this cowboy bullshit.

Yippe Kay Yay

Our milatary can handle anything anytime or place. We are not streched thin as you might think.? Forever guys that say he is a retired general on tv there are four more saying the total opposite. Do not believe everything that is on TV.

We would never invade NK it will not happen, we would only fight them in a self defense type mode and that would be done by long range missles off ships ans subs and planes at first.? We would pump in troops to Sk but personally I think we would have to hit them so hard the first wave through air and sea the whole planet would shake. Of course there first move is to cross the border so they will create a bad situation for the innocent people in Sk and our guys there but remember this is a self defense type fight with them making first move. I do not see any way the us would make a preemptive strike on them. Never going to happen.

Remebers this Iraq is not? a real war when compared to? wwI or II with a real enemy. Iraq has been fought on TV. Polically Correct bullshit with timeouts and all. There would not be any allusion of who the enemy is in NK. There wear uniforms and march in lines follow orders etc. a very well orginized fighting machine, Which we are good at fighting.? There would be no time for TV pretend stuff. It would be an all out fight with no rules. That is where we went wrong in Iraq, our politics and Tv run that war. Let the milatary due there job and kick some ass and get it over with.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »

Yippe Kay Yay

Our milatary can handle anything anytime or place. We are not streched thin as you might think. 

Gimmie some of what you are smoking...........
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »

Yippe Kay Yay

Our milatary can handle anything anytime or place. We are not streched thin as you might think.?

Marlboro Lights

I prefer box

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2006, 03:28:20 PM »

Yippe Kay Yay

Our milatary can handle anything anytime or place. We are not streched thin as you might think.?

You have to admit our failures in Iraq and Vietnam were not the fualt of the milatary but the goverment.?

My uncle who was in Iraq and Afganastan and is going back again in November said it is a weird scene, half the pople love us the other half hates us, but the scariest thing is you do not know who the enemy is. It could be anybody and at any moment you have some guy with a Ak shooting at you or rockets going over your head.?

Were damn good at blowing up strategic locations and blowing up tanks etc, but nobody can win a war with the enemy having no face.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 03:30:00 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »

front page of www.netscape.com:

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea is threatening war against the United States for its "hostile attitude." As North Korea warned of physical retaliation for increased U.S. pressure over its reported atomic test, South Korea discussed preparations for a nuclear attack that could include an expanded conventional arsenal.

Haha, if North Korea ever used nuclear weapons on the USA, not only would it anger the USA, but it would anger many other countries also.  SK is already talking about nuclear weapons ("preparations for a nuclear attack") and if SK gets nuclear weapons, China will want to protect themselves, Japan would want to protect themselves, and many other countries will also want protection.

I'm just afraid that this might escalate into an all-out nuclear war.  When war is involved, there can be some "misunderstandings" between countries which could cause unnecessary war.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2006, 04:20:31 PM »

SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea is threatening war against the United States for its "hostile attitude." As North Korea warned of physical retaliation for increased U.S. pressure over its reported atomic test, South Korea discussed preparations for a nuclear attack that could include an expanded conventional arsenal.

Haha, if North Korea ever used nuclear weapons on the USA, not only would it anger the USA, but it would anger many other countries also.  SK is already talking about nuclear weapons ("preparations for a nuclear attack") and if SK gets nuclear weapons, China will want to protect themselves, Japan would want to protect themselves, and many other countries will also want protection.

I'm just afraid that this might escalate into an all-out nuclear war.  When war is involved, there can be some "misunderstandings" between countries which could cause unnecessary war.

This is quite unsettling.

I wonder where they would launch a nuclear attack if they DID launch a nuclear attack. Probably Washington D.C.?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »

I wonder where they would launch a nuclear attack if they DID launch a nuclear attack. Probably Washington D.C.?

Its just sabre rattling...from everything I have read/heard they don't have the capabilities to hit the US with a nuclear weapon.  They could hit US forces in SK though.  It is unsettling though that they can speak that casually about starting a war and throwing a nuke at us.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »

Its just sabre rattling...from everything I have read/heard they don't have the capabilities to hit the US with a nuclear weapon.  They could hit US forces in SK though.  It is unsettling though that they can speak that casually about starting a war and throwing a nuke at us.

I don't think Kim-Jung Ill has the guts to do it because he loves Hollywood movies, and if he nukes America he won't get any new films for a while.  hihi

Seriously, he's a huge movie buff and supposedly has one of the largest home video collections ever (hundreds of thousands of DVDs).

He also saw Team America.  hihi
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »

My understanding (and I am no way near fully informed obviously) is that NK doesn't have the capability of reaching us here in the US (especially on the East coast).  Even if they could, our defenses in Alaska are such that we would have a missle shot out of the sky before it had time to even arm.  They could however smuggle a device in which is the real threat IMO.

This guy is a fucking lunatic!  You can blame Bush for a lot of stuff, but he didn't make this guy a lunatic.  And keep in mind that they were developing nuclear capabilities long before the mention of "axis of evil".

Anyone here support a full out pre-emptive strike?  I would oppose it right now.  But if this guy threatens us again, I'd reconsider.  I'm pretty sure we could end NK in under 2 weeks without put a foot on the ground.  It would mean some pretty bad stuff for Japan and SK though.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »

My understanding (and I am no way near fully informed obviously) is that NK doesn't have the capability of reaching us here in the US (especially on the East coast).  Even if they could, our defenses in Alaska are such that we would have a missle shot out of the sky before it had time to even arm.  They could however smuggle a device in which is the real threat IMO.

This guy is a fucking lunatic!  You can blame Bush for a lot of stuff, but he didn't make this guy a lunatic.  And keep in mind that they were developing nuclear capabilities long before the mention of "axis of evil".

Anyone here support a full out pre-emptive strike?  I would oppose it right now.  But if this guy threatens us again, I'd reconsider.  I'm pretty sure we could end NK in under 2 weeks without put a foot on the ground.  It would mean some pretty bad stuff for Japan and SK though.

Better not be able to reach UK either. or ill be pissed.

html sucks
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »

Man, that'd be awful.  no
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »

Man, that'd be awful.  no

strangely i had a dream last night that korea nuked england. and i saw the nuke explode from my window....and from there it goes terminator 2 style me melting.

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2006, 05:14:35 PM »

I'm the closest to them.  nervous
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2006, 05:41:36 PM »

NK aren't about to nuke anyone, they'd be wiped off the planet. Even the UK has around 200 nuclear warheads. And I doubt they're about to pass on weapons to Al Qaeda either - there's much more of a threat from Pakistan or ex-Soviet states of that happening in my opinion.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2006, 05:46:46 PM »

The French just said they don't think the test was even successful and declared it a failure.  Be great if they tried again and blew themselves up hahaha.

Honestly at this point I don't think they have any nukes (that work).  The consensus from a lot of countries is the explosion was very small by nuclear measurements.  The US has conventional bombs that had bigger explosions then some countries are recording.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2006, 06:25:34 PM »

yeah, they have nuclear weapons and test might have been successful but they can't shoot a missile that far to the USA, and they can't airdrop a missile either, they nuclear weapons aren't very advanced, or so i've heard.

you know what i hate about this?  i hear so many people (mostly republicans, haha) saying "OMG, who cares we have 5,000 more nukes than everyone else we can just destroy them lol" they act like every other country is a threat to us, just because they happen to have nuclear weapons, and they don't think about the situation fully and realize it would be a mistake to just go bomb all of NK.  They act like the USA is the best, and we are just so kind to protect other nations.  sigh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: