Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 45857 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2006, 04:53:43 PM »

Your? ?(Posessive)
You're? (You Are)

I'm an American, and damn proud of it.?
It is also incorrect to place a comma between two dependent clauses.? Don't play grammar police.? There are many Europeans on this board that write better than many of the Americans on this board.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:56:51 PM by BerkeleyRiot » Logged
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »

Your? ?(Posessive)
You're? (You Are)

It is also incorrect to place a comma between two dependent clauses.? Don't play grammar police.? There are many Europeans on this board that write better than many of the Americans on this board.

Like myself for example, I suck at grammar, and to tell you the tructh I could care less. I do the best I can and spell check does the rest atleast for work stuff  hihi

Yippe Kyyaye mother fuckers me and my cowboy buddies  rofl

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Brody
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2006, 06:04:15 PM »

Your? ?(Posessive)
You're? (You Are)

Like myself for example, I suck at grammar, and to tell you the tructh I could care less. I do the best I can and spell check does the rest atleast for work stuff? hihi

Yippe Kyyaye mother fuckers me and my cowboy buddies? rofl

I will admit! when it comes to grammar on the computer i suck. Yippee kai ah mother fuckers..
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2006, 06:42:04 PM »

there was a article in news paper about them threatening to launch a missle if america doesnt stop intervention? anyone know bout this?

html sucks
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »

Some people posting on this thread seem to be war mongers, (The War mongers are seemingly all American)

This worse than the save the world thread

As for the American army, my uncle served in Iraq for the BA and told me about how his regiment had to take it in turns walking around carrying a giant Union Jack, so the Americans wouldn?t bomb them.

Your save the world thread was the biggest load of crap I've ever seen.

"Why doesn't Bill Gates give all his money away?"

I'm sorry, but it was you against everybody in that thread. All you did was dodge questions and sound like a big hypocrite... SLCPUNK (Foley for speaker  hihi), journey and anyone eles in the thread could vouch for that.

Sounds like you just have something against Americans and the United States. You're quick to point out how rich Bill Gates is and how he should donate all his money.. and yet it sounds like you don't do anything yourself. How fair is that jerk? I bet if he was european and not a capitalist icon you wouldn't be bitching.

And this is hardly America VS. Europe. This is me VS. you... your aurguements and threads seem to be nothing but hypocritical bs. And I think plenty of people... from both sides of this aurguement would agree with me.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2006, 08:08:47 PM »

I will admit! when it comes to grammar on the computer i suck. Yippee kai ah mother fuckers..

You sure are good at avoiding the subject at hand though.

How 'bout Rumsfeld on the board of ABB selling nuke components to NK around 2000?

How 'bout Bush waiving the inspection process to get it done (which was the world's safety net)? Then naming them in the Axis of Evil in 2002.

How 'bout that?

Gonna stand up and face some cold hard facts made in this thread, or are you going to point the finger at say "Clinton" and "you hate America" all day?

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2006, 10:01:34 PM »

there was a article in news paper about them threatening to launch a missle if america doesnt stop intervention? anyone know bout this?
They have been testing Taep o dong or however it was spelled for years now?

I think the general belief is that North Korea is miles away from
A) Having a nuclear device compact enough to be used in a missile
B) Having a missile able to deliver a compact nuclear device

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:05:13 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2006, 12:17:41 AM »

You sure are good at avoiding the subject at hand though.

How 'bout Rumsfeld on the board of ABB selling nuke components to NK around 2000?

How 'bout Bush waiving the inspection process to get it done (which was the world's safety net)? Then naming them in the Axis of Evil in 2002.

How 'bout that?

Gonna stand up and face some cold hard facts made in this thread, or are you going to point the finger at say "Clinton" and "you hate America" all day?

But according to John McCain it IS Clinton's fault!!!   hihi   It's almost comical.  I hope the reps are able to get a majority next month as I don't see anything good happening in 2008 for the dems.  Hillary is their strongest candidate and I just don't think she can pull it off.   Whereas the reps have Guiliani and McCain (who I used to like till he turned into a giant hyprocrite), two strong national names that claim to be moderate repubs.  I think Al Gore would prob have the best shot to be honest.

back on topic, left to decay, yes, i believe you are correct.  While that means they aren't likely to hit a US city tomorrow, there are other means of delivering a nuclear bomb to the US.  They could also use it on S. Korea - but that is unlikely.  The fact that they have one is the real story though.  How the world allowed it to happen is the real troublesome issue.  Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2006, 12:28:09 AM »

They have been testing Taep o dong or however it was spelled for years now?

I think the general belief is that North Korea is miles away from
A) Having a nuclear device compact enough to be used in a missile
B) Having a missile able to deliver a compact nuclear device

I don't know very much about North Korea, but I do recall doing reseach on them years ago when I was still an undergrad.? At that time - which was about six years ago now - North Korea tested a Taepodong by firing it over Japan into the ocean.? They apparently have a substantial arsenal of missiles that have the potential to be launched over fairly long distances.? However, I don't know if they have a nuclear device compact enough to be used in a missile.? That's a good question.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2006, 01:23:29 AM »

But according to John McCain it IS Clinton's fault!!!   hihi   It's almost comical.  I hope the reps are able to get a majority next month as I don't see anything good happening in 2008 for the dems.

I saw that moron crying about Clinton, give me a break. I also saw other angry neo-cons calling it a democratic "conspiracy" to drop this info right before the election. Guess like some of the other posters here they forgot that it was their own party who ratted them out.

Polls are showing a 14  approval point drop from the GOP, putting the Dems in a great spot for November. Other reports coming in saying that Bush is furious over the entire Foley thing and "blowing steam out of his ears" over former aides who nothing but bad things to say for his group of thugs. Tisk tisk.

To top it off another republican came out today and blasted Bush on Iraq.

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2006, 03:15:37 AM »

But according to John McCain it IS Clinton's fault!!!   hihi   It's almost comical.  I hope the reps are able to get a majority next month as I don't see anything good happening in 2008 for the dems.

I saw that moron crying about Clinton, give me a break. I also saw other angry neo-cons calling it a democratic "conspiracy" to drop this info right before the election. Guess like some of the other posters here they forgot that it was their own party who ratted them out.

Polls are showing a 14  approval point drop from the GOP, putting the Dems in a great spot for November. Other reports coming in saying that Bush is furious over the entire Foley thing and "blowing steam out of his ears" over former aides who nothing but bad things to say for his group of thugs. Tisk tisk.

To top it off another republican came out today and blasted Bush on Iraq.

I just think it's about time John McCain pulls off the mask and reveals himself to be John McClane. That'd be so awesome.

DIE HARD...WITH A POLITICAL AGENDA!

JOHN MCCLANE IS BACK AND HE'S KICKING ASS IN THE SENATE!

"Sir, do you wish to address the Foley scandal?"

"Yes...with my grenade launcher! YIPPEE KAY YAY [MR. FALCON]!!!"

That would be amazing.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

I saw that moron crying about Clinton, give me a break.

This is a bit harsh.  McCain is like any politician (dem or rep), they position themselves in the best way possible under a given circumstance (yes dems do it to folks).  Calling one of our nations most decorated and respected war veterans (and most well respected politicians by b oth parties) a moron is a bit over the top (even for you).

Why is everyone trying to place blame here?  I'm sure there is equal blame between Clinton and Bush and then equal blame between the US and all the other countries in the world that did nothing to stop this.  The arguement regarding placing blame is useless and irrelevant.  It's like blaming Clinton for not grabbing Bin Laden when he had the chance.  It's a stpuid arguement because its over and done with and the focus should be on how to proceed from this point.

So that being said, what should be done now?  Should we just hope that China can make progress in their talks with NK?  Should we plan a coalition of military action to pre-emptively strike NK?  Should the US go into bilateral talks with NK as they have requested?  What are the other options?  These are the real questions and points we should be discussing.  Arguing over what has happened in the past is like pissing into the wind.  What is the solution now folks?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »

This is a bit harsh.  McCain is like any politician (dem or rep), they position themselves in the best way possible under a given circumstance (yes dems do it to folks).  Calling one of our nations most decorated and respected war veterans (and most well respected politicians by b oth parties) a moron is a bit over the top (even for you).

Why is everyone trying to place blame here?  I'm sure there is equal blame between Clinton and Bush and then equal blame between the US and all the other countries in the world that did nothing to stop this.  The arguement regarding placing blame is useless and irrelevant.  It's like blaming Clinton for not grabbing Bin Laden when he had the chance.  It's a stpuid arguement because its over and done with and the focus should be on how to proceed from this point.

So that being said, what should be done now?  Should we just hope that China can make progress in their talks with NK?  Should we plan a coalition of military action to pre-emptively strike NK?  Should the US go into bilateral talks with NK as they have requested?  What are the other options?  These are the real questions and points we should be discussing.  Arguing over what has happened in the past is like pissing into the wind.  What is the solution now folks?

Placing blame is ugly, but necessary.  The Bush admin has done nothing but pass the buck and not hold themselves accountable for anything.  Even when its virtually universallaly agreed upon that there were blunders (ie. Katrina) they still come out and say things like "heck of a job Brownie".  Reps are the best spinsters at blaming other people and hardly EVER pointing the finger at themselves.  Its time they were held accountable. 

Why Bush won't open a dialouge with NK is beyond me.  Its this cowboy attitude, this "you do it our way or no way" is ridiculous. Its a huge reason the world hates us.  It MIGHT have worked 6 years ago, but we have no rep anymore in the world.  Bush is largely considered a joke by the rest of the world.  While KJI is a total douche, NK isn't a terrorist group like Al Queda who we don't negotiate with (and rightfully so).  Clinton at least opened the doors of communication.  You can't solve anything by not talking. 

NK loves to sabre rattle - todays talks of "we will go to war with the US if they impose sanctions" is a lot of hot air - it should be taken seriously, but not literally.  NK just wants to show that they matter, that they are important.  I think talking to them to appease that and divert any conflict isn't caving in, its just being smart.  You can talk and still be stern.  but doing nothing?  Makes us just as crazy as KJI.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2006, 11:42:43 AM »

placing blame is necessary?Huh

it's soooooo unproductive. it's totally political. and you could argue it a thousand different ways.

it's what politicians do. and they always spin everything to make them and their party look better. we never know what they actually believe.

man, the DEMS have so many people on these threads securely in their back pockets. they are laughing behind your back, all the way to the bank. talk about being OWNED.? hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

placing blame is necessary?Huh

it's soooooo unproductive. it's totally political. and you could argue it a thousand different ways.

it's what politicians do. and they always spin everything to make them and their party look better. we never know what they actually believe.

man, the DEMS have so many people on these threads securely in their back pockets. they are laughing behind your back, all the way to the bank. talk about being OWNED.  hihi

So you don't think us citizens have to hold our elected leaders accountable for their inept actions/lies/corruption!?!  I'd laugh, but that is more frightening then funny to me.

I'll agree placing blame when its really nobodys fault (like 9-11 for example - I think both parties could have done more to prevent it) is a waste of time; but the last 6 years have been a joke.  Nobody is held accountable, nobody is replaced/fired.  Its one thing for the dems to do it, but I'm dumbfounded that you think placing blame as a US citizen is "unproductive".  You're right, lets just go on making mistakes and letting the current admin learn on the job without ANY accountability - after all, "its hard work being president"!!!  ok
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:07:42 PM by HannaHat » Logged

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2006, 12:14:36 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  I mean the Swift Boat Vets for Truth were REALLY respectful of John Kerry's service in Vietnam.  I mean, did the dems attack Bush or Cheney for their time in Nam...oh wait....

and Max Cleland - those Chambliss ads were REALLY respectful of a guy who gave two legs and an arm for his country - but c'mon, Cleland wasn't really patriotic was he??

Don't get me wrong, I like McCain for the most part (although seeing him bend over to the religious right recently was pretty pathetic) but don't act like the other side is that respectful either.  Its one thing for SLC to call McCain a moron, but entirely another thing when you see republican ads crapping all over people who ACTUALLY served their country.

smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2006, 12:48:23 PM »

Actually y'all did try to fire back at bush claiming he was AWOL from his guard duty. Remember Bill Burket? And the memos he produced to show Bush's desertion.... oh wait a second, something about those memos.

I know the next thing is gunna be that atleast Kerry served in vietnam, and bush didnt.... thats true, nothing to refute. Kerry was a born with a silver spoon and did elect to serve in Nam. That is a very noble thing in it of itself, but his conduct during the war was nothing short of reprehensible. Ordering his boat crew to engage the twin 50's on suspicious looking watercraft before determining if its hostility status, abandoning his patrol to hit up the local village brothels, and most dispicably applying for a purple heart for a scratch cured with bacitration from a wound recived from shrapnel via his own mishandeling of an M-79 GR. I also love the fact that he elected to pull the silver spoon to leave after 4 months after he got tired of it.... 33% of a tour- not a bad deal.

As one who served my nation for a chunk of my young life..... this sort of thing matters to me; might not mean shit to some of y'all but its very near and dear to my heart to serve with honor

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

This is a bit harsh.? McCain is like any politician (dem or rep), they position themselves in the best way possible under a given circumstance (yes dems do it to folks).? Calling one of our nations most decorated and respected war veterans (and most well respected politicians by b oth parties) a moron is a bit over the top (even for you).

Yeah, you're right.? I mean the Swift Boat Vets for Truth were REALLY respectful of John Kerry's service in Vietnam.? I mean, did the dems attack Bush or Cheney for their time in Nam...oh wait....

and Max Cleland - those Chambliss ads were REALLY respectful of a guy who gave two legs and an arm for his country - but c'mon, Cleland wasn't really patriotic was he??

Don't get me wrong, I like McCain for the most part (although seeing him bend over to the religious right recently was pretty pathetic) but don't act like the other side is that respectful either.? Its one thing for SLC to call McCain a moron, but entirely another thing when you see republican ads crapping all over people who ACTUALLY served their country.

I made no reference in my post to one party being any better than the other in terms of this.  Did I say that dems tend to trash rep war veterans and not vice versa?  No.  I simply said it is a bit over the top to call McCain a moron regardless of the party.  He is about as well respected a politician as we have in the US, period.  You seem to want to continue this reps vers dems arguement when no one is really arguing with you.  You have gone out of your way to make your points and no one here has really argued with you.

I simply stated that its a waste of time for us (here) to place blame now.  You hold your elected officials accountable during a vote my friend.  I'm sure we'll see that come November.  I just thought it would be nice to have a discussion about what we as a world could do about this NK thing (I would assume you agree that this is an issue for the world and not just the US?  I mean there are other countries out there that could do their part, right?).

On that subject, I disgree with you on going into bi-lateral talks with NK.  It has nothing to do with caving in either.  NK is looking to make the US a scape goat.  Notice that they haven't asked for bilateral talks with Russia or England or Germany.  The 6 party talks was the absolute right way for the US to go about this.  You said it yourself....the US has lost some street credibility worldwide.  You can have it one way or the other, but not both.  Either we have the credibility to go into bilateral talks with NK, or we don't.  I personally think it is best for the US to encourage NK's neighbors to handle this situation.  I only wish we could do that with Iran.  But unfortunately their neighbors are far less reliable.

You can sit here and point fingers, and the reps here could say that 911 wouldn't have happened if Clinton had had the balls to take Bin Laden when he was offered him on a silver platter numerous times, but those arguements are ridiculous.  You want to hold your elected official accountable....do so in November.  It's only 3 weeks away.  I do remember the same kind of talk 2 years ago when the US was gonna vote strong liberal (by all accounts and all polls and SLC) and Bush won by a rather large margin.  This time around with the Foley incident, Katrina behind us, and the Iraq problems....I would assume the dems will take both the senate and the congress majorities.  They the dems can fix things up.   ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2006, 01:27:44 PM »

Bush should stop being such a moron and talk with N Korea.

Simple as that.

His "with or without us" stance has failed so far, yet he is still ready to run off the edge of the cliff. So many are willing to follow him right off too.
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2006, 01:35:19 PM »

man, the DEMS have so many people on these threads securely in their back pockets. they are laughing behind your back, all the way to the bank. talk about being OWNED.  hihi

When you're out of ammo, pull out the labels, and bring in unrelated subjects, right?

Bud Fox thinks we should mind our own business, and stop trying to rule the whole world.  War is either an act of liberalism (if isolated) or fascism (if constant), it is a worst case scenario to true conservatives. Tell me again how smart it is to spend hundreds of billions of dollars, with tens of thousands dead, all in the hope of returning Iraq to the level of stability it enjoyed before we entered. Tell me about the shining pro-American democracy.

Bud Fox is waiting.

One wonders if North Korea ultimately did the right thing. They were named a member of the "Axis of Evil" by Bush, who followed that up with a pre-emptive invasion of Iraq, another member of this "axis". One would think that the correct action of a leader who wished to protect his people from some obvious nutcase who was committing mass murder in the name of "liberation" would be to acquire a nuclear weapon. Bush has merely reaped what he has sown. If Bud Fox was a world leader faced with one of Mr. Bush's Hitler-style invasions based on trumped-up bullshit, Bud Fox would get one too.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 01:43:41 PM by Bud Fox » Logged

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: