Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 45847 times)
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2006, 01:14:30 AM »

You were saying that nk just happend to start making nukes since Bush was in office  rofl Not true.

Actually, Clinton was making major headway with them by trying to understand their culture. The most important thing for Lil Kim is that he be seen as an equal to the US President. Bush, rather than trying to gain other things by granting this as Clinton did, rubs the little fucker's face in it, refusing to speak to him at all unless there is "six party talks", which NK thinks makes them look like a province of China. Bush I's Sec of State, Baker, has pleaded with Bush Jr to stop this nose wanking stupidity and simply talk to the guy. Bush has refused, and relations have deteriorated all thru his term as a result.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Brody
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2006, 04:39:16 AM »

You were saying that nk just happend to start making nukes since Bush was in office  rofl Not true.

Actually, Clinton was making major headway with them by trying to understand their culture. The most important thing for Lil Kim is that he be seen as an equal to the US President. Bush, rather than trying to gain other things by granting this as Clinton did, rubs the little fucker's face in it, refusing to speak to him at all unless there is "six party talks", which NK thinks makes them look like a province of China. Bush I's Sec of State, Baker, has pleaded with Bush Jr to stop this nose wanking stupidity and simply talk to the guy. Bush has refused, and relations have deteriorated all thru his term as a result.

Your the same person who says the US shouldnt stick there noses in others affairs but when they try to involve the powers that be in the region were being arrogant and stuck up! you make me laugh! Why wouldnt we involve China? the world second most powerful nation? fuck them right?

Learn to merge your posts instead of triple posting! now whos the stooge!

PS. Maybe you should take yourself down south and visit your good ole buddy! He seems to have the same talking points as you.

We all know how he's your hero!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:47:24 AM by Brody » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2006, 06:35:03 AM »

I get a real kick out of some of you.  Everyone wants to bash the US (and Bush) over the North Korea thing because we invaded Iraq (the two have nothing to do with each other btw), yet not one of you has berated other countries that sit by and do nothing.  If the US made a big mistake in Iraq (like most of you think) that has overextended our military thereby making it such that we can't handle the North Korea thing, then why doesn't another country step up and take care of North Korea and Iran?  Why does it have to be the US all the time?  Why not Germany or Russia or China or India? 

I have a question for you Europeans that make idiotic statements like "you haven't lived in the real world until you live outside the US"....what has your country done to stop NK or Iran?  I imagine about a million percent less than the US has.  Instead of pointing fingers at the soft target (the US), point your finger at your own leaders and ask yourself why they haven't done anything to make the world safer. 

Oh and BTW, if the US chose to handle NK militarily with no nation building like in Iraq, it would take all of 2 weeks to end that regime and destroy all its weapons and capabilities.  We wouldn't have to put more than 40,000 troops on the group to get it done.  Unfortunately that action would put our allies in Japan and S. Korea in great peril.  You US bashers need to look big picture and realize the US isn't to blame for all the problems in the world....religion is.

Yes, you forget about the UK, who seem to be doing a much better job out there than america.
And in afghanistan. Tbh UK is doing half the work, and the jobs america does the majority of times always go wrong and they blow there own men up.

Watch the news, various channels, they put americans on they treat this whole thing like a fun video game. You watch the british and they know what it is they are doing.

However, i agree with your statements on religion...but, how many other countries they havent been involved in the most recent of conflicts with the islamic extremists have been attacked by terrorists plots....very few.

html sucks
Brody
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2006, 06:54:57 AM »

I get a real kick out of some of you.  Everyone wants to bash the US (and Bush) over the North Korea thing because we invaded Iraq (the two have nothing to do with each other btw), yet not one of you has berated other countries that sit by and do nothing.  If the US made a big mistake in Iraq (like most of you think) that has overextended our military thereby making it such that we can't handle the North Korea thing, then why doesn't another country step up and take care of North Korea and Iran?  Why does it have to be the US all the time?  Why not Germany or Russia or China or India? 

I have a question for you Europeans that make idiotic statements like "you haven't lived in the real world until you live outside the US"....what has your country done to stop NK or Iran?  I imagine about a million percent less than the US has.  Instead of pointing fingers at the soft target (the US), point your finger at your own leaders and ask yourself why they haven't done anything to make the world safer. 

Oh and BTW, if the US chose to handle NK militarily with no nation building like in Iraq, it would take all of 2 weeks to end that regime and destroy all its weapons and capabilities.  We wouldn't have to put more than 40,000 troops on the group to get it done.  Unfortunately that action would put our allies in Japan and S. Korea in great peril.  You US bashers need to look big picture and realize the US isn't to blame for all the problems in the world....religion is.

Yes, you forget about the UK, who seem to be doing a much better job out there than america.
And in afghanistan. Tbh UK is doing half the work, and the jobs america does the majority of times always go wrong and they blow there own men up.

Watch the news, various channels, they put americans on they treat this whole thing like a fun video game. You watch the british and they know what it is they are doing.

However, i agree with your statements on religion...but, how many other countries they havent been involved in the most recent of conflicts with the islamic extremists have been attacked by terrorists plots....very few.

Excuse me? I take it you have been to afghanistan? No Offense but the Brits tend to stear clear of the most combat situations.. Alot are in support roles roughly 1300 out of the 5800 there! Im not going to knock the Brits but your knocking the american saying we dont know what were doing! For the most part the americans do most the fighting 90 percent of it! Thats why we receive the most casualties. Are you in the military? doubtful. nm your only 16 so ya can even enlist.

ps. im not knocking the british military, but imo its obvious who the superior fighting force is and has been for years now.
anythinggoes
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2006, 07:07:11 AM »

I get a real kick out of some of you. Everyone wants to bash the US (and Bush) over the North Korea thing because we invaded Iraq (the two have nothing to do with each other btw), yet not one of you has berated other countries that sit by and do nothing. If the US made a big mistake in Iraq (like most of you think) that has overextended our military thereby making it such that we can't handle the North Korea thing, then why doesn't another country step up and take care of North Korea and Iran? Why does it have to be the US all the time? Why not Germany or Russia or China or India?

I have a question for you Europeans that make idiotic statements like "you haven't lived in the real world until you live outside the US"....what has your country done to stop NK or Iran? I imagine about a million percent less than the US has. Instead of pointing fingers at the soft target (the US), point your finger at your own leaders and ask yourself why they haven't done anything to make the world safer.

Oh and BTW, if the US chose to handle NK militarily with no nation building like in Iraq, it would take all of 2 weeks to end that regime and destroy all its weapons and capabilities. We wouldn't have to put more than 40,000 troops on the group to get it done. Unfortunately that action would put our allies in Japan and S. Korea in great peril. You US bashers need to look big picture and realize the US isn't to blame for all the problems in the world....religion is.

Excuse me? I take it you have been to afghanistan? No Offense but the Brits tend to stear clear of the most combat situations.. Alot are in support roles roughly 1300 out of the 5800 there! Im not going to knock the Brits but your knocking the american saying we dont know what were doing! For the most part the americans do most the fighting 90 percent of it! Thats why we receive the most casualties. Are you in the military? doubtful. nm your only 16 so ya can even enlist.

ps. im not knocking the british military, but imo its obvious who the superior fighting force is and has been for years now.

Ok im not in the army but i read a lot about the war and IMO the only superiorority the Us has over the Uk is in the sheer size of the force due to the size of the country. But to say the Us fight better is wrong, i would say the Us and Uk in terms of skill are on a par with each other. And if communication between the two forces was better than a lot of the fuck ups that happen wouldnt happen. But as most of us havent experienced what them boys out there have maybe we should shut the fuck up about whos good and who isnt.
Brody
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2006, 07:09:47 AM »

I get a real kick out of some of you. Everyone wants to bash the US (and Bush) over the North Korea thing because we invaded Iraq (the two have nothing to do with each other btw), yet not one of you has berated other countries that sit by and do nothing. If the US made a big mistake in Iraq (like most of you think) that has overextended our military thereby making it such that we can't handle the North Korea thing, then why doesn't another country step up and take care of North Korea and Iran? Why does it have to be the US all the time? Why not Germany or Russia or China or India?

I have a question for you Europeans that make idiotic statements like "you haven't lived in the real world until you live outside the US"....what has your country done to stop NK or Iran? I imagine about a million percent less than the US has. Instead of pointing fingers at the soft target (the US), point your finger at your own leaders and ask yourself why they haven't done anything to make the world safer.

Oh and BTW, if the US chose to handle NK militarily with no nation building like in Iraq, it would take all of 2 weeks to end that regime and destroy all its weapons and capabilities. We wouldn't have to put more than 40,000 troops on the group to get it done. Unfortunately that action would put our allies in Japan and S. Korea in great peril. You US bashers need to look big picture and realize the US isn't to blame for all the problems in the world....religion is.

Ok im not in the army but i read a lot about the war and IMO the only superiorority the Us has over the Uk is in the sheer size of the force due to the size of the country. But to say the Us fight better is wrong, i would say the Us and Uk in terms of skill are on a par with each other. And if communication between the two forces was better than a lot of the fuck ups that happen wouldnt happen. But as most of us havent experienced what them boys out there have maybe we should shut the fuck up about whos good and who isnt.

I agree for the most part brits are on par. Size does matter in superiority, I am in the military and feel i can talk about this.
anythinggoes
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2006, 07:19:37 AM »

ok thats cool just so many people spouting shit that dont know fuck all pisses me off thats all i dont know shit so i dont spout it. ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2006, 07:37:30 AM »

The americans got half there styles from the british army, except they dont do it half as good.

The British army may not be as big, we dont have as big a country obviously. But id have thought such a big country with so many people would produce a more intelligent army. Whereas my country the UK are smaller yet we seem to have the brains in the fighting?

And straying away from fighting, the reason ours dont fight as much is, they dont run around like mad cowboys wanting to blow everything up every 5 seconds whilst listening to slayer.

html sucks
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2006, 08:18:49 AM »

Let's try to keep this about North Korea and their nuclear testing/capabilities.  The admins here do not want some rehashed conversation about Iraq and Bush.  They have stated it a 100 times and I have -1 karma because of it.  :0

North Korea having nuclear capabilities is horrible for our world, just like if Iran develops them.  Our world will come to an end as we know because of a nuclear war IMO.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2006, 08:45:03 AM »

Why would one of the most paranoid, isolated, militaristic and threatened governments in world? opt to SELL their arsenal?

er...lemme think confused

To shore up a ruined economy?

To reverse the effects of extensive sanctions?

So Kim Jong Il can have yet more luxury goods while his people starve?

Or maybe simple ol' hatred?

How many more reasons do ya need?

Its a win win scenario for Korea: they sell bomb to some lunatic group - lunatic group blows up a city and....who do we strike back at? There is no proof of Korean involvement (c'mon they are not gonna be handing out recipts or listing it on ebay) and the lunatics exist everywhere - Korea's made money, blown people up and got away scott free. Even moving the bomb is no trouble - placed on boat from Korea sails into San Francisco perhaps - boom!

Hell they could make even more money from it by issuing repeated ransoms through the lunatic group and splitting the money. We'd never know where the nukes came from and even if we did we couldn't do much about it. $50 billion per city sounds about right?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 09:00:38 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Brody
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2006, 08:54:55 AM »

The americans got half there styles from the british army, except they dont do it half as good.

The British army may not be as big, we dont have as big a country obviously. But id have thought such a big country with so many people would produce a more intelligent army. Whereas my country the UK are smaller yet we seem to have the brains in the fighting?

And straying away from fighting, the reason ours dont fight as much is, they dont run around like mad cowboys wanting to blow everything up every 5 seconds whilst listening to slayer.

So Brits Military is smarter then americans? Thats why we have the worlds best military academy! go on little boy you have no clue about modern military.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2006, 09:05:44 AM »

So Brits Military is smarter then americans? Thats why we have the worlds best military academy! go on little boy you have no clue about modern military.

hihi
Who knows...

Certainly the British manage to hit fewer UN convoys, civilians and their own forces

How many British tanks and planes did the US destroy in the first Gulf War - you'll be surprised when you find out!

And whats that about airliners being shot down by US forces.... Tongue

Go do some research and check back with us mkay?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Brody
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2006, 09:17:05 AM »

hihi
Who knows...

Certainly the British manage to hit fewer UN convoys, civilians and their own forces

How many British tanks and planes did the US destroy in the first Gulf War - you'll be surprised when you find out!

Once again do i need to explain that the U.S. does 90% of the combat related missions over there? Im not saying the British have a bad or stupid military, Im just putting this kid in his place when he claims we run around like cowboys.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2006, 09:33:25 AM »

hihi
Who knows...

Yea do the math when the US is 90% of the force in the hot zones, the us is bound to make more errors. ?You can't get dirty if your not on the play ground.

The Uk milatary is on par with the us, its only lack is in size. And I consider the UK and most of Europe a great freind to the US.

This thread really get my blood boiling, so I will try and behave.

The fact of the matter is the US is not only to blame for NK.
We are always lefft to deal with this shit becasue no one else will or prefer to turn the blind eye.

As a american that has several family members in past and present who have served during WWII, korea, vietnam, gulf war I, Afganastan, and now Iraq war. ?America has always been a friend when the world has needed them and alot of good poeple have died fighting foriegn wars.

My rant for the day rant
I say bring all our people home close all the bases around the world, build big damn walls on our borders guarded by the troops with orders shoot to kill, kick out all the illegal immigrants. Invest in our own country and people and say damn to the world. ?Build our missle defense system bigger.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2006, 11:12:22 AM »

I say bring all our people home close all the bases around the world, build big damn walls on our borders guarded by the troops with orders shoot to kill, kick out all the illegal immigrants. Invest in our own country and people and say damn to the world. ?Build our missle defense system bigger.

Unfortunately that would end our economy.  Sad  If you can get good out to sell to other nations, then you can't thrive.  It would be devasting to go to straight isolationism.  I think we could stop being the world's police and let some of the countries in closer proximity to the problems take care of them (i.e. Japan take care of NK and Europe take care of Iran).

Unless oil is on the line, then of course we need to be involved to make sure we protect our interests there.   That may sound cold to some, but it will help keep our economy healthy if we have access to relatively inexpensive oil for as long as possible.  It that respect, ensuring that Iraq's oil supply is not run by Saddam was a very smart decision by the US.  Cold to most, but smart financially for us.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2006, 11:16:53 AM »

hihi
Who knows...

Once again do i need to explain that the U.S. does 90% of the combat related missions over there? Im not saying the British have a bad or stupid military, Im just putting this kid in his place when he claims we run around like cowboys.

you do run around like cowboys out there.

best example, american het fighters, they see a allied convoy, start firing the shit into them, man waves white flag even still they blow him up. then there pilots are like "yeahhh, yyeee hhaaaa wooo"

so dont tell me your army isnt disorganised.

and mate, The british army is far superior than the american army.

html sucks
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »

Get back on the fucking subject!

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »

Get back on the fucking subject!

well i was prepared to leave it however he decided to reply once again.

html sucks
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »

It wasn't me... It was the other guy.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2006, 11:53:32 AM »

Your the same person who says the US shouldnt stick there noses in others affairs but when they try to involve the powers that be in the region were being arrogant and stuck up! you make me laugh! Why wouldnt we involve China? the world second most powerful nation? fuck them right?

That is not what he wrote dudio.

I wouldn't expect any less from you though.

It is also important to point out that Clinton had an extensive plan laid out in dealing with North Korea which he handed of to W. W then ignored it and did nothing with it.

Funny how none of you on the right are saying anything about that article posted as well. The most damning: "Bush waived the Framework's requirement that North Korea allow inspectors to ensure it has not hidden away any weapons-grade plutonium from the original reactors. "

Did you have trouble digesting that little tidbit?

But the sheer irony remains intact. That is: While looking for false WMD in Iraq, we have been blind to the true WMD that are in NK. We have stretched our military to the breaking point, told our allies to fuck themselves, and really have no leverage against NK at this point in time. The trust of the American public is at an all time low, and it would be very difficult to convince them to follow along with any attack on NK.

Just as I have said the entire time: Bush is the boy who cried wolf. The NIE report (and about ten books written by ex CIA, FBI, and conservatives who have jumped the sinking ship) proves also what I have been saying the entire time: We put a stick in the hornets nest and have created more terrorists who hate America.

Now we have a genuine problem before us, but Bush has fucked it up so good (and also provided NK with the nuke technology) that we pretty much have our hands tied behind our backs.

Yet now, none of you guys cry that Iraq has nothing to do with this. On the contrary, it has everything to do with this, and may very well be our demise.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 12:03:33 PM by Foley For Speaker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: