Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR #2 on Pollstar
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR #2 on Pollstar  (Read 5558 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 03:44:02 PM »

is word going around simply through word of mouth/radio/gossip-tv?
Or the Internet of a mammoth dustbin?

jolly good news! 

Who the devil fussed about the tix sales, like they shouldn't tour without a new album, they should do this and that blah blah.. hihi
Lips Sealed I should mind about my tickets.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 03:50:49 PM »

wow...that's obvious good news...

i'm wondering how the word gets around though. i've seen no ads whatsoever in any newspapers/magazines or posters (i live in Toronto).

is word going around simply through word of mouth/radio/gossip-tv?

Here in Edmonton, they have taken out full page adds in the major papers.

Advertising on most radio...

No tv that I have seen, or posters around the city..

Radio and news papers should be enough

If you dont like me, blow me!
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 06:20:54 PM »

I think the chart positions are based on number of searches at the site not ticket sales.

no,they count sellining tickets in a week

are you sure?

(and on a side note - i think its a bit harsh blaming the stones for such shitty gnr ticket sales - and it is shitty considering we dont have one sell-out yet. i do accept that the concert going public has become disillusioned with concerts in general, but the mire of the gnr ticket sales is all axls own doing. they have nobody to blame except axls reputation. people are staying away cause theyre fed up with his past antics, not because the stones are charging $200 a ticket.)
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »

ask they if you don't believe to me???
pollstar is something like billboard for albums sales

om www.billboard.biz you can find how many tickets gnr selling for each show,but you have to pay for registration or hacking site for username and pass

I have never seen so many tree
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »

ask they if you don't believe to me???
pollstar is something like billboard for albums sales

thats cool. sorry if i insulted your intelligence or honour, i'd just never heard of the site before and found it hard to believe gnr tickets were outselling those of their competitors (though i guess its speed of sales rather than overall volume).
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

well this was for a last week
i think that rstones sold the most tickets for a first week

axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »

if they are in the top there for a while though it means ticket sales is good and consistent

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 01:18:10 AM »

What GnR fan doesnt enjoy the title of this little article???

http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/06/oct/09/11.shtml

Grin

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 01:27:41 AM »

FUCK. YES.

the stones are the most overrated band in history.  And if someone HAS to beat Guns N' Roses then the who is very acceptable.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 01:37:26 AM »

They are so high up because it is the week after the tour was announced.  Means absolutely nothing really....
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 01:39:50 AM »

They are so high up because it is the week after the tour was announced.? Means absolutely nothing really....

Whether it means something immense or not, I still enjoy reading the title of the article. Fuck yeah.  Cool

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 01:41:47 AM »

They are so high up because it is the week after the tour was announced.  Means absolutely nothing really....

Whether it means something immense or not, I still enjoy reading the title of the article. Fuck yeah. Cool

haha, ok, whatever floats your boat.  They didn't beat them at anything.... ?
italysfinest1985
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46:29 AM »

They are so high up because it is the week after the tour was announced.? Means absolutely nothing really....

Whether it means something immense or not, I still enjoy reading the title of the article. Fuck yeah. Cool

haha, ok, whatever floats your boat.? They didn't beat them at anything.... ?

Oh yes they did...ask the good folks at AntiMusic. LOL.
I know it's not really a big deal, just a cool read.

dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2006, 02:49:59 AM »

Guns n Roses doesn't even come close to beating the legendary Stones. The original Stones have stayed together for 40 years. They've continued making new music the entire time and they don't take 15 years to put out a CD. I don't care what the article says. I know what I see with my own two eyes. Guns N Roses could have been the new Stones if they didn't have all the problems that totally screwed things up. Unfortunately they lost their footing and there is just no way to catch up to "STONES" status now. 

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
axleu
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2006, 03:10:34 AM »

I don't give a damn about status, I don't give a damn about the "musically correct", I don't give a damn about The rolling stones and their long carreer, but I DO give a damn about Guns n' roses and their chaotic history! ok
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 03:12:02 AM »

? Guns n Roses doesn't even come close to beating the legendary Stones. The original Stones have stayed together for 40 years. They've continued making new music the entire time and they don't take 15 years to put out a CD. I don't care what the article says. I know what I see with my own two eyes. Guns N Roses could have been the new Stones if they didn't have all the problems that totally screwed things up. Unfortunately they lost their footing and there is just no way to catch up to "STONES" status now.?

Yeah I agree^^^ but it's not over till it's over.

I just saw Joe Perry, It will take three guitar players to keep up with the show he puts on. Steve sounded unbelievable as well. Missed Tom of course.

All solid bands on the list, it's good to be in good company.

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 04:17:02 AM »

? Guns n Roses doesn't even come close to beating the legendary Stones. The original Stones have stayed together for 40 years. They've continued making new music the entire time and they don't take 15 years to put out a CD. I don't care what the article says. I know what I see with my own two eyes. Guns N Roses could have been the new Stones if they didn't have all the problems that totally screwed things up. Unfortunately they lost their footing and there is just no way to catch up to "STONES" status now.?

hey man where do you belong!!!
you're talking about status,and we are in rocknroll pages now!!!
Rolingstones were great and on of the best rocknroll bands ever but in 60-es and 70-es1
Rolinstones now is one big circus,and you haven't compare Gnr and rstones!
Why???
Gunsnroses was the biggest band in first part of 90-es.Now gnr haven't status like in 90's,but gnr now in 2006 have his atitude,style,bad asss and everything else and now Axl is synonim for real rock star...

what is jager now?
Ser?
yes,can you imagine one rock star with "ser" in front of name....

In usa Rstones will play for 100000 and more,gnr will play for 10000 and less,but on gnr show you'll find emotions and real rockandroll,on stones show you'll find circus 9only need elephant and monkey)

Man think about it

Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 04:34:34 AM »

Yeah but no one buys the stones' albums anymore.  Better to have one CD in 14 years that millions buy than one every 3 years that a few thousand buy (and play once).

LP
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 04:35:28 AM »

the stones are the most overrated band in history.? And if someone HAS to beat Guns N' Roses then the who is very acceptable.

Like any good band the Rolling Stones have some classic tracks, tracks that people will be playing until the end of time.? Just like people will be playing AFD until the end of time. The new Stones material is not so interesting. This happens to most bands, but how will CD compare to the classic Gn'R.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 04:37:50 AM by codenameninja » Logged
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 05:26:17 AM »

The Rolling Stones and Guns N Roses happens to be my favorites bands. i don't want to choose between them. loving a band doesn't necessarily mean hating everything else.
GnR owe a lot to the Stones, you should count the covers, let's not forget 1989, keep in mind what was almost about to happen this summer.

i think they are friends, trying to create great music.

i'm glad that Axl & GnR are selling so many tickets. i hope they'll have a great tour and CD will be a great album

but let me listen to A Bigger Bang [4 1/2 stars from the Rolling Stone magazine, i'm hoping the same for Axl]while waiting for CD.

it is this year, after all

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: