Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR #2 on Pollstar
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR #2 on Pollstar  (Read 5560 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: October 07, 2006, 01:22:21 AM »

Just an interesting thing i found, they are #2 on all the bands on pollstar right now.  Seems to be a good sign for interest in the tour:

http://pollstar.com/news/top50.pl

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »

Excellent find Chief!  They're in good company. smoking
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 02:01:15 AM »

I don't think the list has been updated yet, because they were in the #2 spot last week.

Excellent find Chief! They're in good company. smoking

Top 6: The Who, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith/Motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers & Pearl Jam.... 21st century bands really can't compare!
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 07:55:44 AM »

What is that pollstar? On what is it based?

Anyhow: good that they are 2nd place...

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 08:24:17 AM »

POllstar is the #1 website for concert tours.  Great website for information on ticket sales, tour gross ($) etc.  I have settled many a bar bet there, premium access is a plus as well.  Most trusted source for tour information that there is.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 08:29:31 AM »

great news,gnr have abetter selling than red hot chilli pepers,and if you know this information that most of rhcp arenas show are soldout,we can make one decision:

Gner tour have a great selling

I have never seen so many tree
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »

They were #1 on Pollstar four years ago, and I understand the ticket sales weren't ultimately that good.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 10:03:26 AM »

I think the chart positions are based on number of searches at the site not ticket sales.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 10:47:04 AM »

They were #1 on Pollstar four years ago, and I understand the ticket sales weren't ultimately that good.

yeah but they had some good selling shows in most of the bigger spots. Toronto,Boston,NY,Philly ect..

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

I do think the one thing missing here is that most shows are selling BADLY in the US right now....

Example #1 Aerosmith/Motley Crue shows are selling at roughly 50-55% capacity
Example #2 The Who is selling at roughly 60-66% capacity.

The concert industry as a whole is having a terrible year, unless your name is Madonna or McCartney.  How does this relate to GNR?  It wouldn;t shock me in the least to see that some venues are half full.  It's really nothing to get too worried about from a $ standpoint, the promoter does ok still based on a cut of food/parking/etc, the band gets a guarentee up front, as well as merchandise sales.  All is good, even if the venue is not sold out.   Don't ever let anyone bullshit you by telling you otherwise.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

I think GNR needs to play some type of USA event. Like a football game or just something so that they can show America how much ass they kick.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

I do think the one thing missing here is that most shows are selling BADLY in the US right now....

Yeah, I think people have woken up to the fact that rock concerts aren't worth hundreds of dollars. I think a lot of blame lies with The Stones who priced prime tickets at $350 in 2002, and pyschologically people (including me) paid those prices because it felt like the last time. But they just came through the NYC market for the 5th time since 2002 at the same prices (or more in fact) and a lot of people can't/won't pay it. But in the process they dragged the prices up for a lot of rock acts trying to cash in before the bubble burst. If you'd told me in 1996 that the next GNR album wouldn't be out for another 10 years at which time I'd be paying $100 to see them, it would have sounded insane....but here we are Smiley But the bubble has just about burst....it will be interesting to see where it goes, will promoters admit defeat lower prices or will they rely on smaller audiences paying higher prices?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 12:01:53 PM »

People are still starving for good music apparently. Not many new bands on the upper part of that list.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 12:12:03 PM »

I think the chart positions are based on number of searches at the site not ticket sales.

no,they count sellining tickets in a week

I think this is great position,because rhcp have a most soldout shows,so gnr is in front of them

I have never seen so many tree
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 12:57:55 PM »

Looks like people are still intrested in the GN'R tour.  ok

The upcoming tour seems to be planned better than in 2002. The band has completed a successful tour in Europe and are playing many places they skipped in 2002.

Also, the New York area has two shows this time around instead of just one.

Looking forward to the tour. Less than two weeks to go. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 01:28:40 PM »

This is much more of an "Smarter"  tour this year.

The tour through europe went great.

This smaller tour through Canada and the states is selling out good and should be fine.

Axl is the main draw for this tour, just shows the peoples interest in him and the power of the name Guns N Roses

If you dont like me, blow me!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 01:40:25 PM »

Arena rock show have been out of vogue in the US for quite some time now, sold out tours in those type venues are few and far between these days.

For the most part, it looks as though GNR are doing fine with ticket sales.? If they hit 55-65% capacity for the entire tour that would be quite an accomplishment.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 01:47:58 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 01:46:52 PM »

yeah but they had some good selling shows in most of the bigger spots. Toronto,Boston,NY,Philly ect..

You might just be right about that. They did in fact publish a press release called "Overwhelming Response For Guns N? Roses On Sales" just two days after the tickets went on sale. MSG sold out, with Boston, Philly and Chicago (Rosemont) apparently doing "over 11,000 tickets" each.

Funny that, the 2002 tour could've in that sense been successful, as the population centers sold quite handsomely even then.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 01:54:38 PM »

Wolfmothaa Grin
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »

wow...that's obvious good news...

i'm wondering how the word gets around though. i've seen no ads whatsoever in any newspapers/magazines or posters (i live in Toronto).

is word going around simply through word of mouth/radio/gossip-tv?

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: