Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER, C.C. DEVILLE, RHINO BUCKET To Perform At Benefit Concert
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER, C.C. DEVILLE, RHINO BUCKET To Perform At Benefit Concert  (Read 7494 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: October 08, 2006, 09:58:11 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER, POISON guitarist C.C. Deville and RHINO BUCKET are among the artists that will reportedly perform at a benefit show on October 14 at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, CA. The the concert/fundraiser is being held for LA County Sheriff's Department deputy Jim Mulay (photo), who was critically injured while on duty during the attempted apprehension of an armed bank robbery suspect on August 28, 2006, in the city of Malibu. Mulay suffered a crushed spine, broken back and pelvis, and multiple broken ribs after the suspect intentionally rammed his car into Mulay's motorcycle, according to Sheriff's officials. Jim is improving daily, but is facing an extremely lengthy recovery and rehabilitation. In addition to the concert/fundraiser, a sheriff's relief fund has also been established for the continuing needs of Jim and his family during his lengthy battle to recover.

Deputy John Maio from the LA County Sheriff's Department told BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "We are also having a raffle during the show in which numerous artists/sports figures and restaurants have donated to. Ted Nugent and Eddie Van Halen are both sponsoring this event and have donated autographed guitars for the event. There is a chance Eddie may even play but it is NOT confirmed. He is a big sponsor of our event along with Ted Nugent." Other musicians expected to perform at the concert include STARBANGERS (an all-star house band featuring Eric Dover [JELLYFISH, SLASH], Brian Tichy [BILLY IDOL], Derek Sherinian [BILLY IDOL], and Stefan Adika [GILBY CLARKE]), Terri Nunn (BERLIN), and Dilana ("Rock Star: Supernova").

Check out a flyer for the concert at this location.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/BlabberPhotos2/MISC/?action=view&current=BENEFITFLYER.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:54:51 PM »

Holy Shit, we will probably see some snakepit songs done!!! Tichey on Drums, with Eric Dover on Vocals!  Just like Snakepit I touring band!
Origen
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 05:09:28 PM »

Holy Shit, we will probably see some snakepit songs done!!! Tichey on Drums, with Eric Dover on Vocals!? Just like Snakepit I touring band!

That would be fantastic if it happened. IF something like that does take place then I hope we see a bootleg of it.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 05:59:37 PM »

Sounds cool, C.C's the only member of Poison that I like, mostly because he was the only normal one on the previous surreal life.  Grin I'd love to see some snakepit songs done, and I hope a bootleg surfaces too!  ok
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 05:08:45 PM »

I read something somewhere ages ago (probably on this site) that C.C started to wear a top hat around until Slash threatened him about it.
I wonder if there's still ill feelings ?

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

Holy Shit, we will probably see some snakepit songs done!!! Tichey on Drums, with Eric Dover on Vocals!? Just like Snakepit I touring band!

That would be fantastic if it happened. IF something like that does take place then I hope we see a bootleg of it.

Oh man, that would be incredible!!!  First time Beggers done properly in over 10 years!
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:56:50 PM »

Well, if it happens, I'll be there to see it. This place is 15 minutes form my house and I already got tickets.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 08:26:41 PM »

im so fucking stoked, i hope VR plays a long set

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »

So, what happened?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 11:52:51 AM »

Well, i found this review at the VRboard:

Okay I just got back from the concert!  what a night!    Lots of bands played that ive never heard of.. Then  Rage Against the Machinehead came on for about 5 songs, the RUE for another 5 or six songs, Rhino Bucket came on and they did pretty good. then StarF%^ckers came on and CC Deville came during their set for 2 songs, one of the songs was "Helter Skelter".  Then Terri Nunn came onstage and sang 2 songs, one of which was from Steelers Wheel "Stuck in the MIddle". Dilana came out after that and sang "Roxanne", and "Zombie" from the Cranberries  and also a few other songs (my mind is blurry). VR came on at about 11:30 ish. Pamela Anderson came out and introduced them.
Their set list was

1. Do it For the Kids
2. Its So Easy
3. Interstate Love Song
 4. Surrender
5.Road House Blues
6. Used to Love Her
7. Slither

NO NEW SONGS PLAYED!                     They kicked ass.  Very rockin show. It was totally worth my money. Ill have some pics up when I get back to my hometown on Monday.  I was right up to the end of the stage on Duffs side. No security, no barriers, it was so much fun!!

Like peeing clouds!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »

Well, i found this review at the VRboard:

Okay I just got back from the concert!? what a night!? ? Lots of bands played that ive never heard of.. Then? Rage Against the Machinehead came on for about 5 songs, the RUE for another 5 or six songs, Rhino Bucket came on and they did pretty good. then StarF%^ckers came on and CC Deville came during their set for 2 songs, one of the songs was "Helter Skelter".? Then Terri Nunn came onstage and sang 2 songs, one of which was from Steelers Wheel "Stuck in the MIddle". Dilana came out after that and sang "Roxanne", and "Zombie" from the Cranberries? and also a few other songs (my mind is blurry). VR came on at about 11:30 ish. Pamela Anderson came out and introduced them.
Their set list was

1. Do it For the Kids
2. Its So Easy
3. Interstate Love Song
 4. Surrender
5.Road House Blues
6. Used to Love Her
7. Slither

NO NEW SONGS PLAYED!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?They kicked ass.? Very rockin show. It was totally worth my money. Ill have some pics up when I get back to my hometown on Monday.? I was right up to the end of the stage on Duffs side. No security, no barriers, it was so much fun!!

so is this the first time they played Interstate Love Song?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 02:01:03 PM »

No, they played an acoustic version of Interstate when they were in KROQ's studio. They also did an acoustic Used to Love Her and Slither then. It was awesome  drool

Thanks for posting the review!  beer

Rollin' on the streets
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »

some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tetro/270681496/in/set-72157594329984850/

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 04:25:11 PM »

it was a good show, not the best ive seen them play, but it was good nonethe less

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
bad obsession 4GNR
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 08:01:36 PM »

God Damn it i wish i knew about 3 days ago I live in Agoura Hils God Damn itGod Damn itGod Damn itGod Damn itGod Damn itGod Damn it rant
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 10:25:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Ij5pRxSEE

Video clip from show.. Pretty cool.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 11:07:46 PM »

Very cool.

Sounding tight, looking good.

Thanks for the link. ok

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 10:10:19 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Ij5pRxSEE

Thanks for posting, the band was sounding pretty good right there.
fixintodie
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 10:24:37 PM »

I read something somewhere ages ago (probably on this site) that C.C started to wear a top hat around until Slash threatened him about it.

If that's true, it's a little ironic considering Slash stole the whole tophat look from Alice Cooper. I didn't hear anything about Alice threatening Slash when they played together.  Tongue
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 03:15:20 AM »

If that's true, it's a little ironic considering Slash stole the whole tophat look from Alice Cooper. I didn't hear anything about Alice threatening Slash when they played together.? Tongue

I guess the whole band stole their image from Hanoi Rocks  Undecided

Rollin' on the streets
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: