Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: Representing something more personal and special
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: Representing something more personal and special  (Read 6953 times)
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 11:22:32 AM »

And we are crazy why?

Because his  music affected our life in a positive way? That his art created positive things for people? Yea, thats real crazy and awful. And btw...its the whole reason why people create art. To bring joy and help others. Sorry..but I'm pretty sure he would appreciate that his art HELPED someone at some point in their life that they found solace in his lyrics.

Yep. Real crazy of us. Being positive and appreciating his life's work.

Get some passion and stop bagging on others for theirs. If you don't understand it, then leave the thread.

AylaRose

Like I said, if there was one thread Axl ever read on this board..it should be this one.

AylaRose
 love

Why?  You want him to be freaked out by how crazy his fans are?
That sort of talk is probably why he hides away from the world.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »

LOL, ya. Music should hit deep down inside with some1, and if it doesn't, then it's obviously not that important anyways. Music is a huge part of who I am, it gets me through everything, but I prolly won't be thinking of it before I die haha.

Some of the comments on here I think are a little too, intense  nervous
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »

I have passion... what I don't have is scary obession that elevates Axl Rose - just a normal man with talent - to the height of deity in my eyes.  What a lot of you have wrote is crazy.
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 11:26:30 AM »

Agreed lol, but to each his/her own.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 11:28:56 AM »

More than just music, yes.  But some of these people are actually comparing the release of the album to 9/11, for fuck's sake!  "My alpha and my omega, my beginning and my end" is actually a line directly from a prayer, but is usually prefaced with Christ, not Axl.
"Axl is the only man who's never hurt me and never left me"... you see why they're crazy now?

First off...I didn't compare anything to 9/11. That was someone else and actually do agree that is taking things a bit far.

If its from a prayer ok...I'm not into organized religion and not comparing him to God at all, he's human like the rest of us (and boy does he have his faults!)   Maybe it skimmed over your head there...but the alpha was because I listened to shit music, didn't know shit about myself until I found AFD. Simply a beginning of a new chapter in my life. The omega because his music will carry me to the end. Whats so wrong with that?

Axl IS the only man that didn't hurt me or left me...because music is a CONSTANT. Once again, that flew past ya there. I didn't mean PERSONALLY. Matter of fact, he's a man like all the rest...I have a feeling if I dated or knew him...would be a different story! LOL!

Sorry if my post was too esoteric for ya. Christ, now I'm defending my love for GnR on HERE of all places!

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »

I agree with a lot of what's being said in this thread, Guns N Roses opened up my musical horizons when I was in 2nd grade. I really didn't know what a lot of the songs were about back then, but I understood the attitude of Appetite for Destruction. I understood that I should just be myself, do whatever the fuck I want to do, and not give a fuck about what people thought.. I could tell that was the mentality behind some of the songs on it. ?The Illusions were both great too and it wasn't until my college years that I recognized just how perfect some of the songs were. There was a time when I put gnr on the backburner and listened to primarily Industrial music. Then I was at a college party, someone brought up Guns N Roses and started like saying they were over-rated, etc.. and Axl wouldn't be back, like called gnr sellouts..I was like what the fuck, Axl hasn't even put out an album in 7 years but he is a sell out? Anyway, I got to defending him, then realized it had been like 3-4 years since I listened to the Illusions in their entirety and when I did again the next time I went home, it was like I rediscovered the band all over again. This was around 1999 when I was at CMU, and at that time I used the computer lab their to actually discover this site. I been a poster here under various names since, waiting for the release, waiting for Axl Rose to prove all the people who doubted him wrong. I know how flustrating it is to have to deal with all the misinformation that goes on about him, all the people claiming he will fail, that he is washed up, that I'm stupid to remain a fan. Chinese Democracy proves them all wrong, Chinese Democracy makes all the waiting worth it, Chinese Democracy is definitely going to be something special for most the people here and we all deserve it. ok

Note- I do not give Axl all the credit either, I hold slash, duff, steven, and Izzy in as high as regard as well. They all made something special.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:45:37 AM by Mr.Intensity » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 11:37:21 AM »

More than just music, yes.? But some of these people are actually comparing the release of the album to 9/11, for fuck's sake!? "My alpha and my omega, my beginning and my end" is actually a line directly from a prayer, but is usually prefaced with Christ, not Axl.
"Axl is the only man who's never hurt me and never left me"... you see why they're crazy now?

Some people only truely love music, it is an overwhelming power, force, and catalyst for good in their life... Henry Rollins once said "I love listening to dead artists, they tell me all I want, all I need to know, its from them I learn... etc" something along those lines.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

I truly love music... but all it really changes is people's interests.  It's not some all-powerful force that guides our every move.  If our lives were genuinely dictated by Guns N' Roses, I'd be fucking terrified. rofl
It means a lot to me... but honestly, it's not going to make me live my life differently.  The most that happens is when I'm pissed off, I stick on AFD or something.  Have you listened to Appetite For Destruction lately?  It's hardly deep and meaningful, with the ability to change your views on the world.

They're a great rock band... and they are one of the many bands that contribute to my love of music.  Anything else?  To imply that is crazy.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 11:50:03 AM »

I truly love music... but all it really changes is people's interests.? It's not some all-powerful force that guides our every move.? If our lives were genuinely dictated by Guns N' Roses, I'd be fucking terrified. rofl
It means a lot to me... but honestly, it's not going to make me live my life differently.? The most that happens is when I'm pissed off, I stick on AFD or something.? Have you listened to Appetite For Destruction lately?? It's hardly deep and meaningful, with the ability to change your views on the world.

They're a great rock band... and they are one of the many bands that contribute to my love of music.? Anything else?? To imply that is crazy.

Some artist's voices, guitar work, keyboard work, bass work, etc.... has the ability to touch someones soul man. Like maybe for some people whenever they hear Axl Rose it is soothing to them. Whenever I hear Greg Graffin from Bad Religion sing I get a euphoric feeling in my stomach, an epiphany.. there's just something comforting about his voice.  When I see Axl Rose performing and crowds going nuts, I get happy too, because I think "I was right, that fucking maniac did it, he is back, he's going to prove people wrong." When I listen to some gnr songs they put my at ease, make me happy. Sometimes they help vent anger or flustration. Their is nothing wrong with admitting that an artist's work has touched your soul. peace
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 11:52:23 AM »

I truly love music... but all it really changes is people's interests.? It's not some all-powerful force that guides our every move.? If our lives were genuinely dictated by Guns N' Roses, I'd be fucking terrified. rofl
It means a lot to me... but honestly, it's not going to make me live my life differently.? The most that happens is when I'm pissed off, I stick on AFD or something.? Have you listened to Appetite For Destruction lately?? It's hardly deep and meaningful, with the ability to change your views on the world.

They're a great rock band... and they are one of the many bands that contribute to my love of music.? Anything else?? To imply that is crazy.

Dude, your opinions aren't gonna change the way we think, so just quit trying to bring everyones beleifs down, please.

Axl is God.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »

I got into Guns N' Roses when I was 10 years old during the "Use Your Illusion" tour. ?Since July of 1992, GNR has been the number 1 thing in my life. ?It is not just a band to me. ?At several times in my life, GNR's music has gotten me through both the best and worst of times..people will say it is lame to have a band that im not even in or have any part of be so important to me..but they don't understand. ?I feel alot of the people on this board know exactly what I am talking about...I went to school during the grunge movement...and I wore GNR shirts throughout...I was also a fan of Nirvana's but I was ridiculed in school for listening to Guns N' Roses in the mid 90's because it was very "uncool." ?i dont know where you guys are from, but here in New Jersey, you could not find a Guns N Roses shirt or any piece of merchandise anywhere in the mid 90's. ?The internet was just taking off in mainstream and there were only a few obscure websites that still had shirts leftover from the previous tours...I remember rockablilia in 1998 released 3 new GNR shirts, and a friend of mine and I were ecstatic and bought all of them...Today I see 12 year old kids walking around in GNR shirts that they bought at hot topic..and to be honest I love it...While these kids will never understand the transformation GNR made in mainstream culture as a "washed up hair band" to "rock legends." it is still great, Is it just me or does the media portray GNR in a completely different way then they did 10 years ago? ?It used to piss me off to no end to see them grouped together with bands like Poison and Warrant or even Motley Crue...GNR were never like them..and it seems that it took the media and all the guitar magazines 10 years to finally pull their heads out of their asses and realize that...I have followed every move Axl has made for the past 15 years, and at times for years at a time we would hear nothing at all...The fact that this record is finally coming out..makes the 15 years of waiting all worth it...I am 25 now and I have been waiting for this moment my whole life...and I dont care how "lame" or "pathetic" that sounds...i know you guys know exactly what I am talking about...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »

They're a great rock band... and they are one of the many bands that contribute to my love of music.  Anything else?  To imply that is crazy.

I've had music change alot more then just my interests. There's one songwriter in particular (since he's not from GN'R, I won't bother with the name so as not to get off subject) who's helped shape who I am in alot of other aspects of my life. I don't think that makes me crazy.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 12:05:34 PM »

Hmm..ok, the first page of this topic worried me a bit. ?But the second page is a little more reasuring.

Maybe people didn't mean it the way it came across but when you start quoting prayers with Axl in the place of Jesus, or comparing CD to earth-shattering events like 9/11 (and yes I know that was two diffrent people, I'm generalising here), even if you didn't mean it the way you said it, or didn't even know what you were saying (like not knowing it was a line from a prayer) it gets a little worrying, sounds like you're a little out of touch with reality.

Yes music can be incredibly important to people. ?I can't imagine living without music, I definately wouldn't want to and I don't know that I could. ?And there are songs that mean a lot to me, either because they remind me of something important in my life or because they make me feel a certian way so I know I can count on them to make me feel better or whatever.

But the way some people described it on the first page it sounded like it was their religion or something, and acting as though their entire life revolved around when (or if) CD will be released. ?Like that was the only thing that mattered, waiting for it was the only thing they cared about and getting it would be all they'd ever need for the rest of their lives.

Maybe thats not how it was meant but thats how it sounded and its frankly scary. ?That sort of fixation on what will basically be just 12-16 songs, like any other album, crosses the line from a genuine love of music into unhealthy obsession, the sort of thing that can do serious damage to a persons life by causing them to lose perspective on whats really important like their family, friends and their career.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 12:08:14 PM »

Man, some of you people need help.  Some of you are acting like Chinese Democracy will bring the second coming of Christ or something.  It's a fucking album!  Hopefully a good album!  But definitely not an event which will stay with us as much as 9/11!  I actually find that insulting the thousands who died in that attack.
Chinese Democracy will not be biblical... Axl Rose is not the reincarnation of Christ - and thank God for that.  The return of Christ is what triggers armageddon.
And Christ is man who told us, the human kind, nothing new..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »

If the release of Chinese Democracy is a major thing in my life, what is scary and unhealthy about that? I mean, sure I am a scary and unhealthy person. But the fucking point here is for example if I think that I have absolutley nothing to live for. I just wanna hear Chinese Democracy one time before I kill myself. That waiting is healthy since I'm not killing myself, living on waiting for the record. And in that sense Guns N?Roses takes me throug tough times. Maybe that's not the artists main goal keeping crazy people alive but if they do, unhealthy is the last thing I wanna call it.The world in it self can be a cold, empty and unhealthy place to be in. Guns N? Roses portrays hope to many people that connect strongly with the music.

"There is something out there. All you have to do is just hold on and belive..." W. Axl Rose at the Ritz 1988

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »

I find it most interesting, how some of you here are the kind of people who can reach so far into the soul of the music, capturing every single aspect of what the tune is offering you,and then some, so powerful to you, it takes you to a place not even you can describe, yet you still try to do so, and next you are sitting here trying to justify what you have just said, cause the other kind of people on this thread who can't seem to feel this kind of intensity, are dissing you. ?For those of you who have expressed your passions as u did, I relate to you, ?I feel those same passions about Axl Rose and all of his great talents, and to all involved past and present, to those of you who think some of us are way to passionate, you should really try and get on this level, let the music take you there, cause it's one hell of a ride !!!!!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 02:26:40 PM »

I quite agree with MrRedfield especially on the 11/9 and the assassination competitions. Those were atrocious events that mustn't have taken place. never music to anyones ear. 

the obsessives who claim their idol to have a love-hate relationship with them or to owe them are hell scary. they believe their idol should do what they want him/her to do.
By contraries here people are merely showing their passions for Axl/the band and these are positive feelings. (I hope) they won't stalk axl. So, lighten up, MrRedfield.

GNR and their works will make positive effects on people.
as they already have taken effect for some. 
I haven't waited like you all.
I just stumbled upon one of the new songs a few years ago that told me that this band was heading for something magnificently interesting. 
Music always comes first . and The band grows on me as I know it better.
Yep, I'm positive that this is the best band ever.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:29:09 PM by ppbebe » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 02:40:12 PM »

If the release of Chinese Democracy is a major thing in my life, what is scary and unhealthy about that? I mean, sure I am a scary and unhealthy person. But the fucking point here is for example if I think that I have absolutley nothing to live for. I just wanna hear Chinese Democracy one time before I kill myself. That waiting is healthy since I'm not killing myself, living on waiting for the record.

Um, no its not.  Not  in any way is that healthy.  Its quite sad if that was the case for anyone.  I doubt anyone is on this board b.c they are just casual fans of the band so its not a matter of being a "bigger fan" of any of that nonsense.  But if a rock album is the reason you get out of bed in the morning - you have issues.  Eventually CD is going to come out and after it does, what are you going to do with your life then?

And i agree, the 9-11/kennedy comparisons were just downright retarded.

In the words of William Shatner..."GET A LIFE!!"

haha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »

It is just music, dont forget that.

The best music out there, but it is still just music.

There is so much more to life than this hole thing.   

If people cant see that, then there are sad peices of shit.

If you dont like me, blow me!
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 03:05:36 PM »

can we hold hands and sing kumbaya?  Grin

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: