Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: Representing something more personal and special
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: Representing something more personal and special  (Read 6963 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: October 07, 2006, 02:12:49 AM »

So much has been invested in Guns N' Roses. Few things have been with me this long. I have been there as? it got started, as it grew and how it fell. Watched as it rebuilt. Defended it throughout. My hopes at times hung by a thread. Stuck in there and wished almost religiously for Guns N Roses to continue on and do what I always felt it was meant to. Continuing to protect it against those with their clever smirks. What Guns N' Roses and the upcoming album represents is something really unique and special.

One of the biggest sources of regret is the never having closure on something that has so deeply affected us. It kind of just hit me how Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy stand alone. If the album never comes, there will be this unmistakable emptiness and void. But if it does come... it will be a triumph beyond words. Life really is short, and Guns N' Roses have been allowed to be a major part in it. Moreso then what makes sense. Its almost a spiritual connection.

In the moment of truth...I will think of my wife, and my children. My hopes, answers, and successes. My hopes of there being an afterlife, a nirvana for me to go to. And I will think of Guns N Roses, these very moments we are living in now, and the day Chinese Democracy was released. It will be a day we will never forget. Like 9/11 and when Kennedy was shot. This is a story that will be remembered long after reason. And I will smile knowing I was a part in it. That I believed.

That day, we will know that we were right. And that everyone else has missed out on something really special.
And it will be one of my most treasured moments. And one that may never come again.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:45:20 AM »

This has beena journey, and as yourself, Ive been on this ride from the begining.

I allowed this band to be part of my life, and fought for them and defended always, with as much furor and passion as I do with anything I care about, family , friends, etc.

I posted my feelings on this already in another thread. But, for those who have been around for  awhile, not only have we a great band, that like everything, grows, changes, hits a bottom and rebuilds again, climbs those steps to be better. As life is truly always evloving and changing, it begs to wonder, or question, what is realer? A band that is formumatic, consistant, in playing safe, ( as a perosn who lives a life, and doesnt vere off, doesnt try to change , for good or bad or nothing at all, but just is). Which could easily fit to "the most dangerous band in the world" concept.

OR , if those involved are willing and able to take the chances, and move forward( as a person, who decides, that sometimes is it better to be stagnant, and predictable and just move along through life never knowing that it could be possible to be who you are , but want more dynamics, and higher elavations, to please yourself formost, and that can be productive and rewarding.)

At the end of the day , I know Ill remeber this:when CD comes for a long time to come, and the journey, and also how it related on my own life and the chances I take to not just be "that guy". to always keep pushing forward, while understanding the past, and keepin it close, as a guide.

Music is subjective, GNR are more than just music. Those who have been riding along may know that.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 05:55:32 AM »

Hey Buddha! Good post,I am feeling what your saying and agree with you mate! It will be a good day when we hear this baby! People like us who have been there, seen it all through good and bad and always stayed positive to the cause will have so much reason to be happy!! Mike 

Wando
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 06:24:03 AM »

Awesome posts jazjme & Buddha. I feel the same way even I have been on board only for two years still GN'R is bigger than music to me.. GN'R is a way of life (;
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 08:00:15 AM »

Welcome to the church of Axl!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 08:09:32 AM »

I once met a dude who said he didn?t believe in God but in Axl Rose Shocked

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Fakesmile
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:35:13 AM »

I feel the same way too. I to, have been a part of the GN'R experience since it's very beginning and have gone through all the seasons, rain or shine, and have always stuck with them. They truely are a big part of my life. Their music has gotten me through very bad times in my life, has given me strengh in times of need and have given me something to look forward to in times when I was down and out. Once Chinese Democracy comes out, some people will get it (feel a connection to it) and some people won't which is fine. I can respect that. Unfortunately it's their loss. I with I could meet Axl and the boys (old lineup and new), just to say thank you. Thank you for inspireing me and being a friend when I needed one.      beer
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 08:41:10 AM »

I once met a dude who said he didn?t believe in God but in Axl Rose Shocked

So do i..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 08:48:23 AM »

confused ...whatever floats your boat...

I just think they were a great rock band.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »

everything concerning hobbits, i mean music, representing something more personal and special. Nostalgy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »

i feel what you?re saying. i first got in contact with gn?r back in 1988 with jungle and scom, then my father got me the album and lies came right away. i?ve been collecting records, mags, boogs, bootlegs, etc.. eversince. when i first got in contact with the internet, the first search i did was for "guns n?roses". if i remember correctly this must?ve been around 94, and i think it was Jeff Boerio?s site Breakdown the very first site i visited on the net. then up until 99/2000 there were a bunch of pages. i remember the early version of here today gone to hell, Louren?o?s intentional illusions and gnr sucks, the Juani thing from argentina - 2000 intetntions, and saw all this community grow an grow,with more grea sites and info to share.
the first thing i do every morning is to read online sport news and gn?r sites! i?m sure once the albumwill come out it?ll be a very special day, just like when i got the illusions albums back in 91.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »

Man, some of you people need help.  Some of you are acting like Chinese Democracy will bring the second coming of Christ or something.  It's a fucking album!  Hopefully a good album!  But definitely not an event which will stay with us as much as 9/11!  I actually find that insulting the thousands who died in that attack.
Chinese Democracy will not be biblical... Axl Rose is not the reincarnation of Christ - and thank God for that.  The return of Christ is what triggers armageddon.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 10:15:26 AM »

Simply awesome. Gn'R to me is something that will always be there. They won't cheat on you, they won't argue with you, if you ever need to look somewhere, the music will be there for you, always. Every time I've seen this band live, I've had tears in my eyes the whole time. When I party and i crank up Nightrain, I'm the happiest person alive. When I'm sad and I listen to songs like Estranged, I get the power to rise above my greif. And now, When I hear There was a Time, I know this band is still there for me, and still creating the music which I hold dear to my heart. I know the music will always be there, but the greatest thing about this journey, is knowing theres more to come, and more to expirience. To me, Axl truly is a living god. 

Axl is God.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 10:35:04 AM »

Man, some of you people need help.? Some of you are acting like Chinese Democracy will bring the second coming of Christ or something.? It's a fucking album!? Hopefully a good album!? But definitely not an event which will stay with us as much as 9/11!? I actually find that insulting the thousands who died in that attack.
Chinese Democracy will not be biblical... Axl Rose is not the reincarnation of Christ - and thank God for that.? The return of Christ is what triggers armageddon.

rofl Imagine that : the album is finally released and then, in a matter of hours, comes the end of the world. Would the last thing you do actually be listen to Chinese Democracy ?
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 10:44:53 AM »

Guns N' Roses definitley is a lot more than music to me too. I've been listening to them almost everyday since 1989 and it would be strange if I didn't feel that the band have an impact on my life and will continue to have. Some of the lyrics really mean so much to me all the way from "Patience" to "Better". So yeah the release of Chinese Democracy will be something special in my life for sure. Cheers fellow Gunners beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

Awesome thread. I've always said that Axl was my alpha and omega, my beginning and my end. I really didn't start to "live" or had a rebirth of sorts until AFD.  I was able to take my first steps into finding out about myself and devloping my own identity (I found gnr at 14 years old). They were the beginning of a lot of things for me....My omega...because I want to be buried with a copy of Appetite for Destruction...without that album my life would have a different course entirely. That album opened a whole new world and life for me...sparking dreams, a career path and higher education. Without GnR I'm not sure I'd be who I am today...such a source of strength and inspiration. I'm a strong believer that there is a GnR song for EVERY situation in life. (I've always thought I should write a piece entitled "10 Life Lessons Learned from GnR"). As someone said, music never leaves you, never hurts you, never denies you. When relationships failed, when life got hard, Axl was still there. There have been numerous times in my life when Axl was the only man that never hurt me or left me. His music was always there. I just can't imagine who I'd be without his music. I think that is what is so amazing about music. Just how much it can affect someones life.

I've always wanted to tell Axl all that...as I'm sure you guys would to. Do you think he has ANY idea how much he's affected people and their lives? Maybe he's heard it a million times by now? Sometimes I think he has forgotten just how loved and appreciated he is...even all those years he was seclusion. We still stuck by him and kept faith he'd come around again.

Like I said, if there was one thread Axl ever read on this board..it should be this one.

AylaRose
 love

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 11:03:22 AM »

all i know is when chinese democracy's realeased, a HUGE chapter of my life will come to a close.. or it might just start.. who knows

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 11:05:42 AM »

Like I said, if there was one thread Axl ever read on this board..it should be this one.

AylaRose
 love

Why?  You want him to be freaked out by how crazy his fans are?
That sort of talk is probably why he hides away from the world.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 11:18:05 AM »

AylaRose
 love

Why?  You want him to be freaked out by how crazy his fans are?
That sort of talk is probably why he hides away from the world.

I don't think that Axl would find those guys crazy for implying that GNR is more then just music to them. But then again, I can't speak for Axl.

I agree with their sentiments though. I can remember first hearing about the album so long ago and there have been so many big highs and low, lows in the time since. To actually get the album will be a big moment I think. Call me crazy.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 11:20:38 AM »

More than just music, yes.  But some of these people are actually comparing the release of the album to 9/11, for fuck's sake!  "My alpha and my omega, my beginning and my end" is actually a line directly from a prayer, but is usually prefaced with Christ, not Axl.
"Axl is the only man who's never hurt me and never left me"... you see why they're crazy now?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: