Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why chinese democracy wont leak
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: why chinese democracy wont leak  (Read 18623 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 10:10:14 AM »

I hope it leaks then I won't have to buy it! hihi

It?s sacrilege to think Axl not worth it

I didn't say it wasn't worth it, I'm just fed up of adding to the huge greed of all those involved in the mainstream music industry.
How many houses/cars/planes etc does Axl need, it's a pretty disgusting way to live if you ask me.
It's called capitalism, we aren't running a communist country here. Also, you're saying that people that have a talent that helps others (yes, music can be seen as something that society needs) shouldn't be rewarded? Should highly skilled doctors not be paid? I'm not saying that it's fair that the rich get richer, but as a "fan" you should support the artists you care about. On one hand you're saying that it's unfair that certain people in the music industry make a lot of money, but on the other hand you're saying it's ok to steal. Which one is worse? I'm not trying to start a "piracy" debate, as I'm pretty sure that almost every one of us has been guilty of it at some point. Just trying to add some perspective.

Raven

..i download, i copy, i also own over 200 original CD's? Wink
Take the band Garbage, i own originals of Version 2.0, Garbage, Beautiful Garbage. Their latest album Bleed Like Me i decided to download it. The album is no good, so i don't feel bad about downloading it? Grin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 10:13:34 AM by codenameninja » Logged
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »

IF promo copies are sent to the press to review then there is a good chance it will leak.  It isn't such a concern with the weekly titles like Kerrang.  But copy deadlines for the monthly mags like Metal Hammer and Classic Rock are a few weeks before onsale date, so the promo would have to be with the reviewer 2-3 weeks before on sale date.  I would suspect there may be pre-release media listening days etc just so that they get to hear it and write a brief review with a full review to follow once it is actually released.
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2006, 11:06:16 AM »

I didn't say it wasn't worth it, I'm just fed up of adding to the huge greed of all those involved in the mainstream music industry.
How many houses/cars/planes etc does Axl need, it's a pretty disgusting way to live if you ask me.
It's called capitalism, we aren't running a communist country here. Also, you're saying that people that have a talent that helps others (yes, music can be seen as something that society needs) shouldn't be rewarded? Should highly skilled doctors not be paid? I'm not saying that it's fair that the rich get richer, but as a "fan" you should support the artists you care about. On one hand you're saying that it's unfair that certain people in the music industry make a lot of money, but on the other hand you're saying it's ok to steal. Which one is worse? I'm not trying to start a "piracy" debate, as I'm pretty sure that almost every one of us has been guilty of it at some point. Just trying to add some perspective.

Raven

..i download, i copy, i also own over 200 original CD's? Wink
Take the band Garbage, i own originals of Version 2.0, Garbage, Beautiful Garbage. Their latest album Bleed Like Me i decided to download it. The album is no good, so i don't feel bad about downloading it? Grin
That's cool, and totally reasonable. I just hate it when supposed fans don't support the bands they pretend to care about. Usually I'll download a song or two to see if I really like an artist before purchasing the CD. There are only a few artists that I blindly support. Among them: GN'R, Korn, and Tool.

Raven
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2006, 11:18:44 AM »

I'll have my copy as soon as the local record store gets a promo or the shipment in for the sale. I been talking to the owner about how excited I am for this album for like the last 12 years. He'll give me anything gnr puts out as soon as he gets it. I been paying $1.00-$2.00 more a cd to buy from him instead of using the corporate Best Buy. peace

P.S-

I don't think anyone will get a promo though, and I think if you want to review it you'll have to listen in a set up booth or something. I think a full leak won't occur until the Monday before.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2006, 11:21:36 AM »

Axl Rose will shoot you if you steal his music.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »

Why would you want a leaked copy?  Part of the excitement for me is tearing open the wrapping and seeing the cover art, the liner notes, reading the lyrics along with the songs...that is what's exciting...10 years of waiting will come down to a moment of madness trying to tear open that fucking plastic wrap!!!  rofl  I can't wait!!!!!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

Why would you want a leaked copy?? Part of the excitement for me is tearing open the wrapping and seeing the cover art, the liner notes, reading the lyrics along with the songs...that is what's exciting...10 years of waiting will come down to a moment of madness trying to tear open that fucking plastic wrap!!!? rofl? I can't wait!!!!!
Ha Ha, imagine just putting it in your car cd player.........

WILL YOU DRIVE AND RISK NOT GETTING TO READ THE LYRICS WHILE YOU LISTEN???

I might just sit in my car and listen to it in it's entirety!!!
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »

It prolly won't even have lyrics or any notes lol Then we can all bitch about that haha.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2006, 12:00:33 PM »

Why would you want a leaked copy?? Part of the excitement for me is tearing open the wrapping and seeing the cover art, the liner notes, reading the lyrics along with the songs...that is what's exciting...10 years of waiting will come down to a moment of madness trying to tear open that fucking plastic wrap!!!? rofl? I can't wait!!!!!

I may have to do that too...camp out in my car for an hour and a half while I soak in the whole experience...and then I will drive home screaming out the windows "Chinese Democracy starts now motherfuckers!!!!"   rofl

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »

I'm going to open the case and caress the wrapper and probably do some other stuff to it, too. It'll involve baby lotion and a Guatamalan sheep. DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!  no
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »

im gonna sit in your car and listen to it in its entirety as well, except i'll be rubbing one out in the backseat and spooging on your windshield  Cheesy

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
AtariLegend
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2006, 01:33:44 PM »

If Axl has created the greatest album of all time with no dodgy leaks, then he can own his own small island for all I care

I'm not expecting the greatest album of all time, i'm just expecting a good album, and from what i have heard of new material, it's sounding good. The only thing that CD could suffer from is being over worked on, and lacking any real freshness, something that only comes with good new bands that are full of new ideas and bags of energy.

Albums can also not have enought time spent on them, anyway if the album gets leaked then we all end up with a series of low quality songs and then never get to here what there supposed to sound like, since Axl will then spend another decade creating somthing else
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2006, 02:14:21 PM »

Chinese Democracy was complete in 1999.

They have spent the last seven years formulating strategies to stop it from leaking.

smoking
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »

The reason is simple. 90% of the time an album leaks the band does it. Axl has had this underwraps for years now and not one studio version has leaked out yet. Sure we have  a few demos but some people think the band leaked them. I dont see CD leaking at all. And if it does, it will just be a few days early because of when the cds are shipped to stores someone might grab one early and post it on line. But I could see gnr shipping CD to record stores on the monday of the release date to prevent this.

The CD will be leaked once it goes to manufacturing. Workers at the plants grab copies all the time, MP3 groups hook them up with access, and the album gets released online. Most early leaks happen this way which is why they're only a few weeks prior to the store date.

It doesn't really matter. I had Tool's 10,000 Days weeks before it hit stores, I still bought it and it's a platinum album.
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »

I guarantee it will be on the net before its for sale in stores, even if its only by 1 day.  Even Metallica's last album was on the net a few days before it was in stores and they are the anti-mp3 band.  With that being said I will DL it the second that its available, but I will still buy it obviously.  Mp3z dont have as big of impact on album sales as organizations like the RIAA would have you believe anyway.

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »

I guarantee it will be on the net before its for sale in stores, even if its only by 1 day. Even Metallica's last album was on the net a few days before it was in stores and they are the anti-mp3 band. With that being said I will DL it the second that its available, but I will still buy it obviously. Mp3z dont have as big of impact on album sales as organizations like the RIAA would have you believe anyway.

I hate metallica, because they got me banned back on the old Napster.

So everytime a new metallica album comes out I love to download it for free, then give it away to everyone I can

I also like to download there songs, make cd's out of them and then burn them!   haha, j.k

If you dont like me, blow me!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »

Whether it leaks a month early, a week early, or the day after release is absolutely irrelevent.  The fact of the matter is that CD will inevitably leak, and people will download it. In fact, I'd venture to guess that more people will download this record in higher numbers simply because the majority of the average public has absolutely no concept of what's in store for them.
The fact is that people are no doubt going to be skeptical (and rightfully so, to an extent), and will therefore want to sample at least a few songs to get a sense of whether Axl is still worth their time.  Many of us appear to think or know otherwise, but at the end of the day, we are a minute percentage of the buying public.

I am, however, a firm believer in the idea that downloading music illegaly does very minimal damage to long term record sales.  I'd like to think(albeit, perhaps a bit naively) that the quality of the music on any cd trumps even thousands of hoarders.  If the shit is poweful and the public perceives it as relevent, it will sell, period.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

I think I know why CD won't leak. The reason CD hasn't leaked is because Axl is manufacturing the CD's himself at his Malibu Mansion. He is now putting together his distribution team that will consist of armed guards who will deliver the album to records stores through out the world. This is why CD has taken so long. Axl has spent the bulk of the 13 million to prevent illegal downloading. Back in 99 when the rest of the world was still preparing for Y2K, Axl was already preparing for illegal downloading.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2006, 03:37:47 PM »

I think I know why CD won't leak. The reason CD hasn't leaked is because Axl is manufacturing the CD's himself at his Malibu Mansion. He is now putting together his distribution team that will consist of armed guards who will deliver the album to records stores through out the world. This is why CD has taken so long. Axl has spent the bulk of the 13 million to prevent illegal downloading. Back in 99 when the rest of the world was still preparing for Y2K, Axl was already preparing for illegal downloading.

I think part of that plan was teaming up with Moby in 1999.

Because no one would want to download that crap!    haha

If you dont like me, blow me!
chineseroses
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »

just a suggestion. i think the chilis peppers did this (yes their album leaked but that was was because of a presale box set being uploaded, not a promo cd)

What about having a meeting, say in New York, where all the press come together and listen to the album track by track all at the same time, this way theres no CDs floating around.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: