Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Banners at Concerts!?!?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Banners at Concerts!?!?  (Read 4039 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« on: October 06, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »

I considered? making a banner for the Gn'R concert  but I have since decided not to; mostly due to the fact that a) I don't wanna piss people off behind me and b) I could never figure out what it would say...so I decided to ask everyone if a) it's something you have or would consider doing and b) what would you say on it??? or c) what is the coolest one you've seen?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:26:37 AM by RoCoKiN » Logged

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:24:49 AM »

someone should bring a banner where it said "play silkworms" or "play rhiad" ok hihi
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:58:36 AM »

dont do it. I remember at hammerstein someone had a "play twat" banner and it was blocking everyone behind him. Everyone wanted to kick his ass.
Cherona
Opening Act

Can I get an F YEAH?

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:59:05 AM »

Wasn't there one at the Turkey gig that said "Don't Worry Mom, I'm With Axl Again", and Axl picked it out the crowd and held it up? I say do it! But pick your words carefully- you don't want to thrown out ?Tongue

-Cherona ?Cool

Cream '05
Europe '05
Guns N' Roses '06
Cropredy '07
Dream Theater '07
Pendulum '08
Eagles '09
Download '10
British Sea Power '10
Guns N' Roses '10
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »

Do one that says Greece Loves GN'R...  Grin

anythinggoes
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:01:27 AM »

Do one that says Greece Loves GN'R...? Grin

Nah thats old news now  hihi
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:10:42 AM »

Whats with the piano?? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 08:55:42 AM »

if i remember well, there was a story of a girl in 2002 maybe at MSG (not sure) that had a banner saying it was her birthday and Axl saw it and said "Happy birthday then". After that, someone knew the girl and told us her story of some accident she had and how guns n roses gave her strenght to carry on, and how cool was that Axl talked to her...does anyone remember this?

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 09:11:47 AM »

Do one that says Greece Loves GN'R...  Grin

Nah thats old news now  hihi

R u my official stalker?  Angry

banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 09:15:48 AM »

i was thinking of doing one that said "I survived Vancouver 2002" ok

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 10:04:11 AM »

dont do it. I remember at hammerstein someone had a "play twat" banner and it was blocking everyone behind him. Everyone wanted to kick his ass.

That was me, and it said "GIMMIE SOME TWAT" so get it right ok As far as people wanting to kick my ass, I only held it up between songs, when I thought Axl would get a look at it, not the entire show. The night before in the balcony, I had one that said " DEAD HORSE/HERE TODAY GONE TO HELL.COM" and Axl saw it, or so I was told.

The people who wanted it down were the same rumps who left during the new songs and didn't know the words to IRS, Better, etc.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 10:07:45 AM »

How about somebody give Axl a rose with a card with their song request on it???

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 10:08:05 AM »

nice one!
jbuch
Headliner

Detroit: 2002, 2006, and now 2016

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 10:39:58 AM »

someone should bring a banner where it said "play silkworms" or "play rhiad" ok hihi

I got to see them play Rhiad in Detroit in 2002.  How many times have they played it live?
Bono
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 10:41:45 AM »

That was me, and it said "GIMMIE SOME TWAT" so get it right ok As far as people wanting to kick my ass, I only held it up between songs, when I thought Axl would get a look at it, not the entire show. The night before in the balcony, I had one that said " DEAD HORSE/HERE TODAY GONE TO HELL.COM" and Axl saw it, or so I was told.

The people who wanted it down were the same rumps who left during the new songs and didn't know the words to IRS, Better, etc.
rofl I was there when you made that sign. You made it at Mustang Harry's right?  the night of the 15th. Funny sign. hihi
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 10:53:19 AM »

What's bono doing in your avatar? on topic: fine if you don't keep them up all the fucking time like some do.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 10:56:55 AM »

i made a sign saying "TWAT" for the gig in holland.....  security took it in the break before alice in chains.....  i explained that it`s actually a new guns n`roses song, but the guy responded that he was told to remove it. the singer from bloodsimple and corey laughed about it by the way...  bitches...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Bono
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »

What's bono doing in your avatar? on topic: fine if you don't keep them up all the fucking time like some do.

rofl He's crawling on stage durirng the song An Cat Dubh. It's kind of a freaky performance. He plays the role of a cat. And when I saw them in Vancouver he even took a girls lipstick from the crowd and smeared it all over his lips durring the song ? Huh O.k. Than Huh?. Durring it my buddy said to me he now knows why Bono wears sunglasses all the time. It's because he's all coked up and doesn't want anyone to know. hihi
Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »

Its annoying to have your view blocked. Thats it. It has nothing to do with the actual sign. Your blocking peoples view. I want too see the band, not your sign.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 11:17:09 AM »

rofl I was there when you made that sign. You made it at Mustang Harry's right?? the night of the 15th. Funny sign. hihi

Right on, it took like four people to make it, we had a blast holding it on the streets of NYC in line before the show. We could have had a u2 convo had I known you were all about them. I was tired of discussing the age old, CD release date question by the time of the show.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: