Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 01:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories  (Read 68540 times)
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2006, 02:14:17 PM »

No. I think that they are still finalising the tour details. The negotiation period for arranging tours can be a little unpredictable sometimes.

I'd assume at this point they are still only negotiating with european promoters?

I hope this isnt a demand for more money on axl's end that is holding this up-he really doesnt have much bargaining leverage after 2002 ya know?

I think it's just a slower process than either Merck or Axl foresaw. There is no major problem, just slight hold ups.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2006, 02:15:50 PM »

Has it occured to anybody that since management confirmed that 2 albums will be complete when CD is released, and just weeks ago Axl said only 26 of 36 (or whatever) were complete, that this upcoming tour might simply be serving the purpose that the 2002 one was meant to i.e. to get the new band into playing the old material and give the fans a chance to get to know them. Back then even before the US leg of the tour Axl said on MTV "I don't know if soon is the word."

If, for instance, the first single comes out with the Da Vinci code in May, and the band play a handful of new songs at the shows, anticipation for the album would be stratospheric by late June.

These days lead singles usually hit radio weeks before an album comes out, sometimes even well over a month before, especially with really big artists.

Right now we're looking at late April at the very earliest but I think it's very unlikely it will be out before the summer tour, especially since a lot of songs are not done out of the ones he mentioned.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »

Has it occured to anybody that since management confirmed that 2 albums will be complete when CD is released, and just weeks ago Axl said only 26 of 36 (or whatever) were complete, that this upcoming tour might simply be serving the purpose that the 2002 one was meant to i.e. to get the new band into playing the old material and give the fans a chance to get to know them.

doubtful- b/c e saw what happens when you tour (especially in america) with no new album last time- it was a bad calculation on axl/merck's part. doubt theyd make it again

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »

In addition: I think a lot of people here are overestimating how much the general record-buying public care about Chinese Democracy. In order to have strong initial sales Axl's gonna need more than a superb single and video and a bit of tv and magazine stuff. I think we can assume it's gonna be an prolonged absolute media blitz that builds up to the release and the shows will form part of that.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2006, 02:22:57 PM »

Has it occured to anybody that since management confirmed that 2 albums will be complete when CD is released, and just weeks ago Axl said only 26 of 36 (or whatever) were complete, that this upcoming tour might simply be serving the purpose that the 2002 one was meant to i.e. to get the new band into playing the old material and give the fans a chance to get to know them.

doubtful- b/c e saw what happens when you tour (especially in america) with no new album last time- it was a bad calculation on axl/merck's part. doubt theyd make it again

Dude, they're playing festivals with a guaranteed audience. 200,000+ at Lisbon, some stupid amount at Donnington, not US arenas. You can guarantee that a huge number of the people that see them at these fetival dates are gonna buy the album that wouldn't have otherwise. It's the best exposure they could have in the music world.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2006, 02:23:35 PM »

i suppose we`ll see what happens as always....

novarock was the breath of fresh air that we needed...  and no rumours were floating around before it was announced on their website...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »

In addition: I think a lot of people here are overestimating how much the general record-buying public care about Chinese Democracy. In order to have strong initial sales Axl's gonna need more than a superb single and video and a bit of tv and magazine stuff. I think we can assume it's gonna be an prolonged absolute media blitz that builds up to the release and the shows will form part of that.

Look at the press from the leaked material....mainstream press type of stuff.  You can't BUY (well, unless you're the goverment) press like that!

Axl announces a release date and he's going to get all the free publicity he can handle for the short term.  Assuming the release date isn't too far off.....it could carry him through.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »

True. I'd love to believe we're gonna have the record within the next few months and a massive statement from Axl is coming in 48 hours and all that but after stepping back from all the recent craziness, common sense says the wait ain't over just yet.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2006, 02:31:49 PM »

Dude, they're playing festivals with a guaranteed audience. 200,000+ at Lisbon, some stupid amount at Donnington, not US arenas. You can guarantee that a huge number of the people that see them at these fetival dates are gonna buy the album that wouldn't have otherwise. It's the best exposure they could have in the music world.

Not saying that these festival dates wont help them in terms of sales-absolutely will! But like you said, when you play festivals, you have a guaranteed audience. there are no guarantees about an american audience showing up for solo dates-they'll want proof first-i.e. a record. guess im really talking about the sucess of this band in the context of the US- i think the album and tour will be recieved well in overseas no matter what-there seems to be a greater affinity for axl outside of the states.

---Nick Nasty--

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »

As for the United States, the album definetely needs to be out before they tour over here. Especially since what happened in 2002, it will make it harder to tour in the States.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »

No. I think that they are still finalising the tour details. The negotiation period for arranging tours can be a little unpredictable sometimes.

I'd assume at this point they are still only negotiating with european promoters?

I hope this isnt a demand for more money on axl's end that is holding this up-he really doesnt have much bargaining leverage after 2002 ya know?

trying to get llyod's of london to insure it hihi
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2006, 08:23:22 PM »

Where the hell is Merck?  Is he still "very sick"  or what?  I bet any other band with leaks would have an official word out the minute the leak happend
speed_stone
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2006, 08:24:03 PM »

gnr isn't "most bands" Roll Eyes
Chief
Legend

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »

"very sick"? what are you referring to??

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

i was about to say the EXACT same thing hahahaha

poop
speed_stone
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2006, 08:44:16 PM »

i was about to say the EXACT same thing hahahaha
great minds think alike smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »

Most bands don't take 10+ years in between albums either.  I wouldn't expect anything close to the norm with GNR.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2006, 10:03:53 PM »

Axl's last press release was Tuesday March 30th 2004...

What am I going at?

TOMORROW IS TUESDAY!

Axl's press release tomorrow starts now.  ok

gnrevolution.com
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2006, 11:21:49 PM »

Axl's last press release was Tuesday March 30th 2004...

What am I going at?

TOMORROW IS TUESDAY!

Axl's press release tomorrow starts now.  ok

i am anticipating one anytime now.  I think that the delay could be due to more shows that are being booked or some last minute legalities to worked out. My guess.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2006, 11:25:30 PM »

Kinda wish a had a magic 8 ball right now...... Undecided

get these contracts signed and let's roll Cool

---Nick Nasty--

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »