Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:39:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories  (Read 68711 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »

I'm gonna flipout if we don't hear something soon Shocked Shocked Shocked hihi

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2006, 09:26:04 AM »

And the PR should close with:

"Oh, and for those of you asking about where Slash is....
Slash in in my ass, that's where he is!"

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2006, 09:36:22 AM »

And the PR should close with:

"Oh, and for those of you asking about where Slash is....
Slash in in my ass, that's where he is!"

Smiley

what about......

"and for those who wonder where Tommy is..........he's currently shitting in Bucket's bucket....."  hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2006, 10:30:58 AM »

^^^and Robin is pissing on Herbie hihi

If there touring europe and asia extensively from june to august, then they pretty much have to release something soon so tha  tickets can go on sale! OTOH, i wouldnt be surprised if promoters are playing a little hardball to make sure axl doesnt pull, well an axl! during this tour.

i also think the next update will go far beyond tour dates.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2006, 10:41:11 AM »

^^^and Robin is pissing on Herbie hihi

If there touring europe and asia extensively from june to august, then they pretty much have to release something soon so tha? tickets can go on sale! OTOH, i wouldnt be surprised if promoters are playing a little hardball to make sure axl doesnt pull, well an axl! during this tour.

i also think the next update will go far beyond tour dates.

Lets hope so. its still a long time til the festival dates. We are still in february. But i would be suprised if there is no annoincement by mid March

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2006, 10:48:06 AM »

Lets hope so. its still a long time til the festival dates. We are still in february. But i would be suprised if there is no annoincement by mid March

I understand it's a long time until the festival dates, but why waste what was the biggest weekend the band has had since 1993. They hit the airplay charts with a demo. They were being reported on by major media outlets. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

This is another case of the band and it's management wasting a golden moment.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2006, 10:50:53 AM »

I understand it's a long time until the festival dates, but why waste what was the biggest weekend the band has had since 1993. They hit the airplay charts with a demo. They were being reported on by major media outlets. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

yeah, i understand what you mean.
ive been wondering the same thing myself
i just hope that when they start the promotion
it will be bigger then the Leak story..
Hope they have a good "masterplan"

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2006, 10:52:39 AM »

generally the expereince that concert dates are announce 3-5 months in advance of the show...so really you're looking at a march/april timeframe for wanting to announce the show, get tickets on sale, etc.

It's too early to judge that-what if we hear something by tommorrow? and what if it is management behind the leaks? not saying i believe that, but i will keep the possibility open. can you really 'waste' your own marketing plan?

---Nick Nasty--

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2006, 10:59:00 AM »

The leak gave them a higher jumping point. They were in the news, the announcement of a release date (or whatever we are going to get) would only be that much bigger comming off of news about the band.

Why wait until everything cools off and then make the announcement without any momentum..... people were paying attention.

The lack of an offical announcement only adds fuel to the "this track is off the supposed Chinese Democracy album, which Axl is claiming we will hear this year, but don't hold your breath........." attitude that most music critics and DJ's have.

It
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

It's too early to judge that-what if we hear something by tommorrow? and what if it is management behind the leaks? not saying i believe that, but i will keep the possibility open. can you really 'waste' your own marketing plan?

We should have heard by last week.... they were handed a freebie here and fumbled it.

If they are behind all of this, and are taking this long to make their second move, then YES, they wasted their own marketing plan. They have done it before.

Look at how positive everything was in 2001-2002 following the Vegas Shows, Rio, MTV, they launch a tour......and then...... oh ya it's 2006 and we are still waiting.......
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »

We should have heard by last week.... they were handed a freebie here and fumbled it.

I think that WAS the plan.  I just don't think all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed.  Whatever the reason for the delay, I don't think it will be very long now...

Together again,
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2006, 11:10:57 AM »

Like me, for example.

I just want fucking confirmation that Axl definatly knows that he's got some shows comming up.  Angry

hihi   funny, but SOOO true...

hopefully this will be the week...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2006, 01:46:20 PM »

Axl needs to be more internet cordinated, and talk to us... or someone at least... this has got to be the worst band-fan relationship ever.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »

Like me, for example.

I just want fucking confirmation that Axl definatly knows that he's got some shows comming up.? Angry

hihi? ?funny, but SOOO true...

hopefully this will be the week...

Let's just let nature take it's course. I'm hoping it'll be this week but the silence is getting eerie.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2006, 01:48:38 PM »

Let's just let nature take it's course. I'm hoping it'll be this week but the silence is getting eerie.

well that's a frightening comment.......... Sad

---Nick Nasty--

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »

well that's a frightening comment.......... Sad

It wasn't meant to be and anyway it's poetic justice somewhat that after all the years making the album the actually announcement keeps getting delayed.

Personally, if I was involved at the Sanctuary end I'd be 100% desperate to get the announcement out by Wednesday.
madagas
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2006, 01:52:35 PM »

Anybody think that they are arguing with the record company about what should come first-Best Of or Chinese?
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »

Anybody think that they are arguing with the record company about what should come first-Best Of or Chinese?

No. I think that they are still finalising the tour details. The negotiation period for arranging tours can be a little unpredictable sometimes.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2006, 01:59:43 PM »

No. I think that they are still finalising the tour details. The negotiation period for arranging tours can be a little unpredictable sometimes.

I'd assume at this point they are still only negotiating with european promoters?

I hope this isnt a demand for more money on axl's end that is holding this up-he really doesnt have much bargaining leverage after 2002 ya know?

---Nick Nasty--

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2006, 02:13:45 PM »

I'd assume at this point they are still only negotiating with european promoters?

I hope this isnt a demand for more money on axl's end that is holding this up-he really doesnt have much bargaining leverage after 2002 ya know?

More likely it took a bit longer for gnr to find promoters in some of the places they wanted to play who were both willing to take the risk and front the cash required.  Once that was squared away, all the paperwork has to be ironed out, signed, sealed and delivered 1/2 way across the world (on both parts), etc, etc.  IF it's the tour dates that are holding things up..I'd not be surprised.  That kinda stuff can bog down a bit sometimes.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: