Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will there be an announcement? What will be in it? Your theories  (Read 74529 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »

DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT THE SHOWS WE KNOW OF ARE THE ONLY SHOWS OR DO YOU THINK THAT WHEN WE GET AN ANNOUNCEMENT,IT WILL INCLUDE A FULL BLOWN TOUR.

I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!!? YOU'RE "YELLING"!!

That being said...I think we'll get more dates.? Almost sure of it, actually.
i hate caps lock ?hihi.do you think it will be a full blown tour with the album close by

I'll think we'll get a full EURO tour and album(s if the GH rumor is to be believed) release date soon (and yes, I think soon is the word).  I think plans for a US tour will have to wait until promoters stateside see how GnR handles their Euro dates, and how the public recieves the new material.  I don't doubt, for a second, that a full blown US tour is Axl's (and GnR's) goal...

Keep in mind, I'm speculating wildly based on what very, very, very little info I have.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »

For all we know, the label themselves are leaking demos because axl asked for another extension on recording and the label are using it as a way to make Axl act.

that would be cruel......what if axl doesnt want bucket to be on the record anymore........and he must have the time to re-record them??

If Axl wants to re-record without Bucket this album is never gonna show up. And besides, even Axl must admit Bucket did a great job on the new material.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
lastroots
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2006, 02:32:09 PM »

My take on all of this, and I try to comment on some of the things that are said in this thread.

GNRonline.com is run by Geffen, but Geffen just said that they don't even know which label will put CD out, them or Universal, so that's why there's nothing on that site.

Some people seem to be upset about Merck's comment that the album is not finished. Did you pay any attention to what Axl said??

The shows are confirmed and I am very sure that we will get more dates in the coming days. The ball is rolling. I guess the GH2 thing last year has something to do with it. In am sure that CD will be out at least by Rock In Rio. Everybody knows that. It's literally the last chance. If CD does not come out before or at least during the coming tour, then its over. Universal are already pissed, we witnessed that. And if Guns fail again, they will drop them. I'm sure Axl and Merck are aware of this.

So calm down people. We will have more tourdates, we will have a press release soon, and a release date in May at the latest.

If not, I'm giving up.

/lastroots
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2006, 02:39:11 PM »

My take on all of this, and I try to comment on some of the things that are said in this thread.

GNRonline.com is run by Geffen, but Geffen just said that they don't even know which label will put CD out, them or Universal, so that's why there's nothing on that site.

Some people seem to be upset about Merck's comment that the album is not finished. Did you pay any attention to what Axl said??

The shows are confirmed and I am very sure that we will get more dates in the coming days. The ball is rolling. I guess the GH2 thing last year has something to do with it. In am sure that CD will be out at least by Rock In Rio. Everybody knows that. It's literally the last chance. If CD does not come out before or at least during the coming tour, then its over. Universal are already pissed, we witnessed that. And if Guns fail again, they will drop them. I'm sure Axl and Merck are aware of this.

So calm down people. We will have more tourdates, we will have a press release soon, and a release date in May at the latest.

If not, I'm giving up.

/lastroots

good post.  ok

I reckon there will be a press release at end februari beginning of march the latest..... why? Most big festivals confirm there acts on 1 march....ticket sale will be more expensive then too........and by that time......guns will have their full European tour scedual and deals ready.... The album will definetely be released for Rio....axl wants his album to sink in...before actually playing it live.....otherwise you might not get the response you'd hope for..... Playing Madagascar for instance will get a huger response when it's actually released and when people know the tune a bit......etc

no worrys!! These days will be great beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2006, 06:19:45 PM »

I'm not shocked that there wasn't an announcement this week, after all it is Guns N' Roses, however at the same time I did think there might be an announcement of some kind ... even if it was just the usually brief press release confirming that GNR will be making some festival appearances and that they're putting the usual finishing touches on Chinese Democracy.

If they don't make some kind of half-assed announcement by the beginning of March, I really won't know what to make of their scheduled appearances, I mean, you'd think management would have say something about those, wouldn't you?  Even if it was just to say that the band is going to appear and nothing beyond that.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2006, 06:31:06 PM »

If not, I'm giving up.

/lastroots

Agree 100%. The way I look at it if the album hasn't released by the time of the Dublin concert I'm going to, then I'm giving up on GnR. The Dublin concert will be like a last hooray and then i'm off the forums for good except just to check how the tour goes.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »

I think they are just making sure everything is set in stone and perfectly in place before giving the official announcement. Gnr made mtv news so I am guessing Merck figures that is enough to get people talking this weekend about Gnr.. then next week he'll hit us with the official statement to keep the iron hot...... I hope. peace
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2006, 06:54:46 PM »

I'm not shocked that there wasn't an announcement this week, after all it is Guns N' Roses, however at the same time I did think there might be an announcement of some kind ... even if it was just the usually brief press release confirming that GNR will be making some festival appearances and that they're putting the usual finishing touches on Chinese Democracy.

If they don't make some kind of half-assed announcement by the beginning of March, I really won't know what to make of their scheduled appearances, I mean, you'd think management would have say something about those, wouldn't you?? Even if it was just to say that the band is going to appear and nothing beyond that.
thats exactly what im trying to say.i dont even want to buy my tickets until ive heard an announcement.its a lot of money to end up wasting when there might turn out to be a show only half an hour away from where i live,instead of 5 hours.or no show at all.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2006, 06:57:57 PM »

If they don't make some kind of half-assed announcement by the beginning of March, I really won't know what to make of their scheduled appearances, I mean, you'd think management would have say something about those, wouldn't you?? Even if it was just to say that the band is going to appear and nothing beyond that.

You'd think. Maybe people do think. Not me.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »

You really think Universal or whoever would let GNR tour without an album again,and taking the risk that it might end in a desaster like 2002? No way they'd let that happen again. So since GNR has booked some shows, i'm confident the album's coming right away..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

You really think Universal or whoever would let GNR tour without an album again,and taking the risk that it might end in a desaster like 2002? No way they'd let that happen again. So since GNR has booked some shows, i'm confident the album's coming right away..

Assuming thgese shows happen, they are not part of a GNR tour. GNR is one supposed band out of many acts at these four festivals.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »

Remember after RIR 2004 was announced, mysteron said, the show is coming along with a new product? then BH quit,there was no show and no new product. So now, 2 years later rir is announced again and apperently coming along with a new product, i think, when bucket wouldn't have left, we would have had CD since 2004.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2006, 07:56:39 PM »

Hopefully we get the record before Rio. I mean they cant tour without a record again, or a least a date for it. Plus, I would rather have heard the songs before they play them live. I think it would be a mistake going into the Rio show without the record being released, especially if they plan on playing new songs.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2006, 08:27:27 PM »

Remember after RIR 2004 was announced, mysteron said, the show is coming along with a new product? then BH quit,there was no show and no new product. So now, 2 years later rir is announced again and apperently coming along with a new product, i think, when bucket wouldn't have left, we would have had CD since 2004.
well spotted.that sounds pretty good.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »

Oh please. Gimme a break. I see you're easily swayed by propoganda. Dont blame BH. Axl could have done the AFD rehash thing without him at Rio.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2006, 09:02:15 PM »

I'm not saying it's the reason why RIR was cancelled, but i think it's  (one of) the reason(s) why CD has been pushed back...

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »

Oh please. Gimme a break. I see you're easily swayed by propoganda. Dont blame BH. Axl could have done the AFD rehash thing without him at Rio.

best point I ever heard you make ok
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

If the management doesnt give us an announcment till next week, then they're FUCKED, concerning those new leaks that are going to appear
i can't understand they're just sitting they're doing nothing

what are they? fuckin idiots?

Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2006, 01:22:33 AM »

This whole thing makes no damn sense at all...tracks are being leaked left and right but yet nobody has anything to say, not even Axl or the label and then all the GNR members are on a gag order?

First we were going to have a big statement on Wed. night...then tonight...nothing.  Let me guess, we'll have something tomorrow and the next night/day/week/month?

This is all manipulating bullshit and I for am am tired of all the games.

Gives us a statement and give us the release date or just sit there, say nothing, and watch 12-13 years of hard work go to waste when every damn song is leaked.

Jesus....
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2006, 01:25:43 AM »

again, something you could have said in the numerous other threads
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: