Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what should the albums opening track be???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what should the albums opening track be???  (Read 11244 times)
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »

CD as opener.

CITR on the follow-up

no Rhiad or OMG or SW.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »

OMG rhiad and silkworms were great songs ,, i think they should definitly be on.... but if there not , they should be on the follow up cd

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2006, 11:41:01 AM »

I think 'Better' would be a great opener for the cd ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2006, 12:27:04 PM »

initially, i agreed with the majority here that "chinese democracy" would be the best opener, but after listening again through the projected CD songs we have in their various forms with this specific question in mind, i now firmly believe that "better" should (and will) be the opener. of the songs we've heard so far, this is the "welcome to the jungle" of them, a catchy rocker that establishes the new band as a force to be reckoned with. opening with one of the others would position the album closer with the illusions records, which from the live set list, is obviously NOT axl's intent. as far as which songs will and won't be on CD, i think the live sets should give you a pretty good idea. it would be pretty silly of them to be playing something live that isn't going to be on the first record. so i think we can count on "better," "the blues," "chinese democracy," "IRS," "madagascar" and "there was a time" being on CD. as far as "catcher" and any others go, it's anyone's guess. i kinda hope they let sleeping dogs lie on "oh my god" and "silkworms," but wouldn't mind hearing a finished version of "rhiad."
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2006, 12:54:29 PM »

I'd have to say I.R.S.

It's a nice 4-minute rocker with a simple catchy melody and riff. It leads you in with a rockin' tune and in a lot of ways eases you into some of the more complex material. 'Better' is awesome but has a lot of parts. When I think of taking the cd home and putting it in my player and pressing 'play' I can totally picture that first acoustic bit opening the album, then I.R.S. rocking your face off. Then that solo...it's a good tune to lead off with.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »

out of the songs we've heard so far i think 'chinese democracy' would be a great choice.

a slow build up with the minute-long introduction, then the awesome riff kicks in! it'd be cool to have the title track as the opening track.

You can?t be moore right  ok yes

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2006, 01:03:32 PM »

I'd have to say I.R.S.

It's a nice 4-minute rocker with a simple catchy melody and riff. It leads you in with a rockin' tune and in a lot of ways eases you into some of the more complex material. 'Better' is awesome but has a lot of parts. When I think of taking the cd home and putting it in my player and pressing 'play' I can totally picture that first acoustic bit opening the album, then I.R.S. rocking your face off. Then that solo...it's a good tune to lead off with.

Yeah, IRS is Killer!

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »

I think 'Better' would be a great opener for the cd ok

Agreed. I think it would be the best pick. ok
EccoTides
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

I'm still hoping that CITR shows up on CD - Preferably as track 2. Imagine going from something incredible as the opening track, only to go into an ethereal, dreamy-sounding track like CITR, and then into a whacked out hybrid song like Better.

The variety on this record is going to be simply terrific, and hopefully it's well-sequenced to give the songs a decent flow.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006, 02:59:42 PM »

i think it would be cool with chinese democracy as the opening track, with that same one-minute-long pitman-intro as they play live before finck start the riff.. my other favourite band hardcore superstar had that kinda intro on their latest album not the same intro but about a minute long intro before the fisrt song, then the last song of the album ended the same way as the first song started
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2006, 03:00:55 PM »

I'd bet good money it's gonna be 'Chinese Democracy', especially with how the new intro builds up. It's a kick-ass introduction to the band and the rest of the album to shortly follow it. It really should open the new shows as well. It ROCKS live. You can feel the building shaking...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »

definitely CD from what we've heard so far..All previous GNR albums have had killer intro's so this one has a lot to live up to...it needs to be in the style of the old band with a modern twist imo...."Better" i think is a bit too far from the sound of the old band to be an opener in my opinion...cos all i know is wen i first heard the intro to that song my first opinion was..."this sounds shit"! but it grew on me ok

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »

First impression is really important indeed. That's why "better" should not be the 1st single. The intro is weak. the first time I heard the intro I was like "WTF is that? it sounds like shit", and I'm not a fan of that song because of that 1st impression. it ternished the song for me and left me a bad taste. I still don't like the intro and probably never will.?It's also too "modern" and can destabilize lots of old fans...?

1st impression = almost everything

The 1st song should be very old-GN'R influence, that's what people like the most.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:53:03 PM by nesquick » Logged

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »

I'd have to say I.R.S.

Ya know, I kinda agree. ?That intro to IRS would make a perfect opening riff, then it explodes into that great riff.. it could be the opening track..

I still think that the opening track will be something we haven't heard yet.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2006, 03:32:14 PM »

Better should appear as the last track on the album. IRS would be a good opener, as it's an easy track to like.
madagas
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2006, 03:33:11 PM »

Nesquick, First impression does mean everything to a shallow, narrow minded individual. ok
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »

First impression is really important indeed. That's why "better" should NOT be the 1st single. The intro is really weak. the first time I heard the intro I was like "WTF is that? it sounds like shit", and I'm not a fan of that song because of that 1st impression. it ternished the song for me and left me a bad taste. I still don't like the intro and probably never will.

1st impression = almost everything

I think that the intro to Better is awesome, and the rest of the song is even better. ?The heavy part, oh man... and the slower solo... wow. ?What a fantastic song. Smiley

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »

Nesquick, First impression does mean everything to a shallow, narrow minded individual. ok

oh shut up rat face. Leave me alone. Go away and live your life. you really start to annoy me now with your stupid comments everytime I post.
If you don't agree, fine, but don't start looking for troubles and provocate, using irony everytime I say something. Are you that annoyed i blocked you by PM? yeah you're on my "black list" because I don't want you to PM me anymore, When i don't like someone I exclude him for a long long time, so don't start to bring shit on the topics because I blocked you on PM. Go away.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 03:43:57 PM by nesquick » Logged

madagas
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2006, 03:45:43 PM »

cute response Frenchy. Kiss
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »

CD

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: