Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Long Time Fan, First Show in Vegas!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Time Fan, First Show in Vegas!  (Read 3718 times)
UAZ28SS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 05, 2006, 01:38:49 AM »

Hi all! I've been a long time fan of G n' R, but never really done much about it until my good friend Travis (TurboTravis) convinced me to check out the kickoff concert of G n' R's North American tour in Las Vegas. A few of us went, and I wasn't sure what all to expect, other than what Travis had told me about previous concerts he'd been to... that it was gonna be kick ASS!

I have to say... when Finck came out and let loose the opening riff for Jungle, I was in awe. It sounded AWESOME! I was shocked to hear Axl sounding just as good, probably BETTER, than he ever has, and how well the new band played together. So now I'm hooked... it's terrible! HAHA! Looking to see when the next close show is so I can check it out and try to get my g/f to come along.

This trip was my 11th to Vegas and without a doubt one of THE most memorable ones! Great friends, KILLER music, and overall good times! Yeah... I'm DEFINITELY doing that again!!  yes

Oh... Thank Travis for getting me on here, too!  Grin
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:47:14 AM »

Brian, it was really cool to see you having a great time there, to say the least!

Hell, he did not even start to leave after Nightrain like most first timers.....good man Grin

I look forward to another one with you brother!

T
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 01:51:08 AM »

right on man, welcome to the board !!!
There's nothing like GNR in vegas!!! i thought that show was just amazing and i can't wait to see them again.

you should come to the LA shows too!! Smiley

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
UAZ28SS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:52:36 AM »

There's nothing like GNR in vegas!!! i thought that show was just amazing and i can't wait to see them again.

I was considering doing that, actually. I live in Flagstaff, AZ, so it's not all that far, and I have a few friends in LA that would be down to go.

Thanks for the welcome!!  Smiley
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:57:26 AM »

Glad you enjoyed your first show.  My first show will be 11/05 of this year. Cheesy

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:04:26 AM »

I was considering doing that, actually. I live in Flagstaff, AZ, so it's not all that far, and I have a few friends in LA that would be down to go.

sweet a fellow AZ fan.  I'm about 250 miles and 5,000 feet below you in Tucson   Smiley   I was at the Vegas shows too.   Best shows I've ever been to along with the Hammerstein show I was at.  beer
UAZ28SS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:26:51 AM »

sweet a fellow AZ fan.  I'm about 250 miles and 5,000 feet below you in Tucson   Smiley   I was at the Vegas shows too.   Best shows I've ever been to along with the Hammerstein show I was at.  beer

HAHA! I was born and raised in Tucson! Moved up here to escape the heat and finish my undergrad. Where were you at the Sat. Vegas show? We were right up front on the railing... talk about one helluva intro for me to G n' R and Axl... holy hell!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 04:27:01 AM »

HAHA! I was born and raised in Tucson! Moved up here to escape the heat and finish my undergrad. Where were you at the Sat. Vegas show? We were right up front on the railing... talk about one helluva intro for me to G n' R and Axl... holy hell!!

right up against the second level railing on robin and tommy's side .   always cool to see fellow arizona gunners here.    try not tor freeze your ass off up there this winter.  Grin
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 05:06:49 AM »

right up against the second level railing on robin and tommy's side .   always cool to see fellow arizona gunners here.    try not tor freeze your ass off up there this winter.  Grin

Much rather bundle up then sweat my ass off...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 05:54:17 AM »

I'm very glad to read those awesome comments  peace

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 06:33:56 AM »

Thanks for the welcome!!? Smiley

sweet a fellow AZ fan.? I'm about 250 miles and 5,000 feet below you in Tucson? ?Smiley? ?I was at the Vegas shows too.? ?Best shows I've ever been to along with the Hammerstein show I was at.? beer
Wow, another gunner in Tucson eh? I just moved to Tucson a couple months ago and was at the Hammerstein shows too (all 4 of them). I'm hoping that GN'R announce a show in Phoenix or Tucson (yeah, most likely Phoenix) for the 2nd leg of the tour.

Raven
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 06:40:34 AM »

Wow, another gunner in Tucson eh? I just moved to Tucson a couple months ago and was at the Hammerstein shows too (all 4 of them). I'm hoping that GN'R announce a show in Phoenix or Tucson (yeah, most likely Phoenix) for the 2nd leg of the tour.

Raven

wow its a small world Smiley  Welcome to the desert  Grin   I was at the Hammerstein too.     GNR will hopefully play both Phoenix AND Tucson.   beer
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

Look at all the love you get Brian...after all, your name is the same as the drummers:)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 07:03:30 PM »

You should totally come out. there are plenty of tickets left and there are some major pre parties in the works (see the On Tour section)!!!

First real show in LA for GNR in Years! its gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
 beer beer

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
UAZ28SS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

Thanks all! Yeah, it'd be awesome if they played both Phoenix and tucson, but how likely is that? Sadly, Not sure if Tucson is the right market, per se, for them, even though I think they'd do fine there!

We'll have to see about the LA shows... Need to talk to my friends and see if they're up for it, and if it agrees with my work schedule. I think it'll be Xmas break by then (I teach 1st grade), so hopefully things will fall into place!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 03:20:56 AM »

Thanks all! Yeah, it'd be awesome if they played both Phoenix and tucson, but how likely is that? Sadly, Not sure if Tucson is the right market, per se, for them, even though I think they'd do fine there!

We'll have to see about the LA shows... Need to talk to my friends and see if they're up for it, and if it agrees with my work schedule. I think it'll be Xmas break by then (I teach 1st grade), so hopefully things will fall into place!

i'd give anything to see them at the Rialto (capacity 2000)  drool
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 04:48:21 AM »

From what I remember from the outside of that place, I don't think you'd ever catch GNR there..
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

Hi UAZ28SS, I am a longtime fan of GNR too and I also will be seeing them live and in person for the first time this year (November 13th in Baltimore).  I'm glad you had a great time seeing them in Vegas.  And welcome to this forum.
UAZ28SS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 01:25:35 PM »

It'd be cool, for sure, but I'm going to have to agree with Travis on this one... lol

Cleo -- Thanks! If Baltimore's anything like Vegas, you'll NEVER forget it!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 01:33:51 PM »

It'd be cool, for sure, but I'm going to have to agree with Travis on this one... lol

Cleo -- Thanks! If Baltimore's anything like Vegas, you'll NEVER forget it!!

yea its totally just a dream.  it would never happen.  no
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: