Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I had a horrific experience today involving a scary black man in a movie theater
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I had a horrific experience today involving a scary black man in a movie theater  (Read 7504 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »

Okay, disclaimer: I'm not racist. In fact that's part of the reason this happened.

This always precedes a racist comment or story. Always............

People who stir the racial pot.  rant

There is nothing a matter with describing the guy as a big scary black guy.

A big black guy is damn scary. So what he added the black in there instead of the just big scary guy.

Oh yes I'm predjudice. I HATE EVERYBODY  hihi Except GNR fans

I worked in Philly for years, rule of thumb do not tryust anybody regardless of color or size, but being big and black is a scary situation. I had one to many guns pointed point blank at me.  Oh and for the record 1 skinny old white drunk put a gun to my chest and said I'm going to kill you right now. But in the end the big black guy with the shotgun seemed like he really was going to shot me becuase it was in his eyes he did not care and was going to do it just to do it. Thank goodness for cops.

Done with my rant   rant now, but racist people might make you and a majority of us mad and i also get mad everytime someone points the racist finger at someone because something they said is not political correct so they must be racist. 

No offense intended just had to speak my mind. I feel better now  peace

Yes, people like to claim it's pointless to describe a person's race in a description, but I think that's stupid. Unless you're going out of your way and making racist comments (like "some scary black guy harassed me today - typical black!" or something) I don't think it's racism, it's just descriptive.

Somehow though when black rappers refer to white guys as "white boy" that's not racist, but if you call someone "black boy" it is?

I'm just pointing out that people are over-sensitive when it comes to minorities sometimes and just because you say someone is black doesn't mean you have racist intentions or an agenda.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 05:04:42 PM »

Okay, disclaimer: I'm not racist. In fact that's part of the reason this happened.

This always precedes a racist comment or story. Always............

People who stir the racial pot.? rant

There is nothing a matter with describing the guy as a big scary black guy.

A big black guy is damn scary. So what he added the black in there instead of the just big scary guy.

Oh yes I'm predjudice. I HATE EVERYBODY? hihi Except GNR fans

I worked in Philly for years, rule of thumb do not tryust anybody regardless of color or size, but being big and black is a scary situation. I had one to many guns pointed point blank at me.? Oh and for the record 1 skinny old white drunk put a gun to my chest and said I'm going to kill you right now. But in the end the big black guy with the shotgun seemed like he really was going to shot me becuase it was in his eyes he did not care and was going to do it just to do it. Thank goodness for cops.

Done with my rant? ?rant now, but racist people might make you and a majority of us mad and i also get mad everytime someone points the racist finger at someone because something they said is not political correct so they must be racist.?

No offense intended just had to speak my mind. I feel better now? peace

Yes, people like to claim it's pointless to describe a person's race in a description, but I think that's stupid. Unless you're going out of your way and making racist comments (like "some scary black guy harassed me today - typical black!" or something) I don't think it's racism, it's just descriptive.

Somehow though when black rappers refer to white guys as "white boy" that's not racist, but if you call someone "black boy" it is?

I'm just pointing out that people are over-sensitive when it comes to minorities sometimes and just because you say someone is black doesn't mean you have racist intentions or an agenda.

I love your last comment  ok  My thought exactly. You said it in a more sensible way then i could put it into words beer

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 05:14:19 PM »

I'm sorry, but everytime I hear "I'm not prejudice BUT..........." It comes before telling a story where one points out the race of another. So clearly, race is an issue.

The only person who stired the racial pot was the original poster.

Why not just say "Scary guy harrassed me today"?
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »

I'm sorry, but everytime I hear "I'm not prejudice BUT..........." It comes before telling a story where one points out the race of another. So clearly, race is an issue.

The only person who stired the racial pot was the original poster.

I already explained why - numerous times.

And when you told me I wouldn't say "scary white guy" and I said I would, you ignored me.

And when I pointed out a very liberal and respected author who described a person as a "black guy" in one of his poems, you shoved this aside, too.

The entire reason I said "I'm not being racist" in my original post is because I knew people like you would react based solely on the title of the post without actually reading anything.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 05:26:38 PM »

Why "Scary Guy" harrassed me, why not "guy harrassed me" or why guy, couldn't it be a girl, why not "I was harrassed". Race may have been an issue in the OP, however that does not make Russian Roullete comment racist. ?He just stated the facts as they occured. You can make them out to however you want to be!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 05:56:31 PM »

In this instance, I think it's clear the fact that the "scary man" was black contributed to RR's feeling scared.  So, in that sense, the racial description was valid.  But it was disingenuous to imply up front that race was not a factor.
Annie
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

In this instance, I think it's clear the fact that the "scary man" was black contributed to RR's feeling scared.? So, in that sense, the racial description was valid.? But it was disingenuous to imply up front that race was not a factor.

Being stalked and manipulated by anybody is scarey. A person's size and mental condition would scare me alot more than their race.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

You can make them out to however you want to be!

I just call 'em like I see 'em.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 06:23:31 PM »

In this instance, I think it's clear the fact that the "scary man" was black contributed to RR's feeling scared.? So, in that sense, the racial description was valid.? But it was disingenuous to imply up front that race was not a factor.

Being stalked and manipulated by anybody is scarey. A person's size and mental condition would scare me alot more than their race.

That's rather obvious.  The point is that if race affects your perception, be honest about it.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »

Yo Russian, next time that happens, just act like a dick to whoever it is...I mean, be polite in a sense but also act like you will take someone out at the drop of a hat....it is all about how you carry yourself..for the most part. Have a chip on your shoulder and act a bit arrogent.....nobody will fuck with you...even that nut....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 06:36:45 PM »

That's rather obvious.  The point is that if race affects your perception, be honest about it.

I think that pretty much sums it up for me, thanks.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 07:17:24 PM »

In this instance, I think it's clear the fact that the "scary man" was black contributed to RR's feeling scared.  So, in that sense, the racial description was valid.  But it was disingenuous to imply up front that race was not a factor.

It affected my perception based on the fact that I knew it was a bad area and there had been recent murder(s) by black men about his age, yes. I acknowledged this in my OP. That does not, however, qualify as being "racist" - that's why I posted that disclaimer, because I know how sensitive the subject is, and I wanted to make it clear that just because I was scared of the guy given the circumstances it doesn't mean I'm racist against against anybody.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 09:14:56 PM »

I'm happy you ok. Your never going to see him again. I would have never given the asshole any money.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 09:41:04 PM »

First off, I have to say that I don't believe your story at all.  My "bullshit meter" is going off the charts with this one.  I suspect you wanted to engage in a debate about using race as a descriptive term and you got exactly what you wanted.

I don't lie to people on this forum, never have and never will. This happened and if you don't believe me then whatever. But you're a newbie and no offense but until you know people on this forum who are you to imply such a thing? If you want I'll go back to the theater tomorrow night and take fucking pictures of the lobby for you and show you a step-by-step demonstration of where it all took place.  hihi

And frankly I think your insinuation that I was trying to start a racial debate is disgusting. Really, where do you get the nerve to say something like that about me?

By the way, are you so hot that gay men often hit on you?

In the past I've had similar encounters and it turned out the guys were gay, yes. At my last job a Jamaican man who worked in the military used to always come in and purposely wait to talk with me, the other cashiers even noticed it, there would be an open register and he'd wait in my line. A co-worker who was an 18 year old girl was the first to ask me whether I knew he was gay, she said he was flirting with me (this was in England where I worked on a military base). At first I just thought he was kind of strange (NOT to say gays are strange, I just mean his overly-friendly behavior was strange), but then he started trying to ask me to go places with him, and I was like, "Whoa." He disappeared for a while and he came back one day with a boyfriend, they bought the entire series of Sex and the City.

At the same job I had another guy who my employer told me had history as a pedophile (he tried to invite a previous employee - a male 16-year-old -- and I was sixteen at this time -- on a cabin resort for a weekend and they had to intervene). This guy had a family but as my employer said, "He likes young boys." My employer told me this point blank and told me to watch out because he had noticed the guy was pulling the same thing on me as the last kid who had worked there. This pedophile eventually tried to invite me to a Star Wars convention (he was really into Star Wars) and eventually when he came in they had to get other cashiers to replace me because he would try to go through my line, when we saw him heading towards my cash register someone would step in for me. He actually confronted me once outside when he was going towards his car, I basically ignored him, felt bad but I didn't want to give him the idea that I was interested at all.

The first guy was just gay but this guy was actually a pedophile, which is sick, and he probably should have been reported, but we didn't want to cause trouble and since technically he had never done anything to their knowledge (the previous cashier had not gone on a weekend resort with him, he turned his offer down) they didn't think it was worth pressing charges.

But yes...I've had experience with gay guys trying to pick me up...and usually as a guy I can kind of tell, and this guy today was acting a lot like these other two guys did...but then it turns out he was just a sleazebag after my money.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:45:37 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
sisterofyu
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

I decided to skip my second class today because I fucking hate having to sit through my college professor's dry math lectures, so I decided to go see The Departed. The theater is in kind of a rough area but it's the only one around so usually all the middle-class white folk go there and everything, especially in evenings.

So The Departed isn't out yet so I get a ticket for Jackass 2 instead. As I'm waiting for popcorn this big black dude comes up and he's like, "By the time you get up there your movie'll be over." I laughed and said yeah, and then he was like "What you going to see?" and I said Jackass, and he said he was going to see Jet Li's movie.

At this point I'm thinking the dude is gay so I try to stop talking, after I get my popcorn we're the only two walking towards the screening rooms (down a long corridor with no people) and he slows up and waits for me to pass him by and starts asking me if I like comedies. Jackass theater is right around the corner so I act nice and talk with him until I get to Screen 9 and he goes "This is yours, right?" and I said yeah, and then I said enjoy the movie and went in.

Well halfway through the fucking movie he walks in, walks over to where I'm sitting (five other people are in the theater) and sits down next to me, and he whispers to me and starts saying he needs to go buy one of those red gasoline tanks to fill-up his car. I tell him I don't have one and he says he just needs like five or six bucks.

THIS IS WHILE THE MOVIE IS STILL PLAYING!! I'm shocked this guy is doing this and so I tell him I can't help him and he says "Come on man my wife is in the car," which is weird since he was hanging out in the tehater and apparently going to see Jet Li. Then he tells me he works for UPS and he'll bring me money back, he's like "Come on you know me man." I'm like no I fucking don't! But I don't say that to him.

I open my wallet and hand him two bucks, the only other bill I have is a twenty. He looks in my wallet and says "What else you got in there?"

I hand him the two dollars and say "Sorry that's all I can give you."

He's like "Okay man," then sits there for a few more seconds before getting up and leaving.

He ruined the rest of the fucking movie for me, the whole time I keep thinking "shit, I gotta walk through this empty corridor by myself, only five other people are here and what am I gonna do if he pops out and pulls a knife or something?"

Seriously this guy was freaky. And I start thinking what if he goes, waits in his car, sees me leave and then confronts me at my car, because the parking lot was basically empty around 3:00 in the afternoon, kids don't start going there till later.

I put myself in "gangster mode" and thought about all those movies were the good guys have a plan. I figured if he pulled a gun I'd carry my popcorn, then pretend to dig into my wallet and toss the bag right in his face, and when he instinctively flinches I'll just knock the gun from him.

Then I think what if it's a knife, I'm screwed because that's even more dangerous at close range.

Someone just got killed in this area last week, a college kid, two black kids mugged him, and he only had twenty bucks so they shot him and killed him.

I was so freaking worried. On top of that I had to piss like a bitch and there was no way in hell I was going to go into the restroom by myself, so I had to hold it.

Anyway I got out of the theater when it was over, walked down the corridor next to the other two people, ready to throw my popcorn.

I get into the main lobby, scan the area, he's nowhere.

Walk into the parking lot. I'm completely by myself. Some girl is way on the other end near a shopping store.

Then the whole way home I was checking my rearview.

Seriously this may sound stupid but this guy freaked me out, I'm pretty sure I only gave him two bucks but it was dark in the theater and I started worrying I could have handed him a receipt from my wallet or something, anything that has personal details, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

REALLY SCARY guys. I'm still shaking from it.

sorry dude, axl was bored and so he thought he'd freak you out and see if you recognized him behind the disguise....keekee
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 09:54:41 PM »

First off, I have to say that I don't believe your story at all.  My "bullshit meter" is going off the charts with this one.  I suspect you wanted to engage in a debate about using race as a descriptive term and you got exactly what you wanted.

I don't lie to people on this forum, never have and never will. This happened and if you don't believe me then whatever. But you're a newbie and no offense but until you know people on this forum who are you to imply such a thing? If you want I'll go back to the theater tomorrow night and take fucking pictures of the lobby for you and show you a step-by-step demonstration of where it all took place.  hihi

I'm not a newbie, but you already know that because neither are you. 

And since you've never lied to people on this forum (we are all honored, by the way) then you are a Brad Pitt loving gay man who desperately wants to improve his wardrobe? 

You have 44 posts. I don't recall ever seeing any of your posts before. So, no, I didn't know that. Sorry, I guess if you've spoken with me before I just don't remember.

What's with the sarcasm re: "we're all honored, by the way"? You're the one who implied I was being dishonest. And when I defend myself you pull that shit?

And the "out of the closet" thread was a joke and I said it was a joke early on. I also said I wouldn't make posts like that anymore and I haven't. Find me a single fucking post I've made where I've posted seriously and told a lie. When I'm serious I'm serious and I may joke around once in a while but I never lie, if this were a joke I (a) wouldn't have been so serious in the OP and (b) would have come clean by now. I dare you to find any similar threads I've made since - easy answer: I haven't.

As for the "pimp/wardrobe" thread - I said in the OP that it was humorous but that I was fairly serious, and I was, I wanted to know what kind of clothing people on this forum wore, because I was getting rid of a lot of my old clothes and was going to go shopping and I'm not into clothes shopping and don't really know many places.

I wouldn't joke about something like this and I'm not making this up.

EDIT: I just checked your profile and according to your registration details, you joined HTGTH in August '06. That's less than two months ago. I'd say that's a newbie, just FYI. This is a separate account but I originally registered here in early 2005, and I never posted BS then either, in fact up until the whole "coming out of the closet" and my posts about my singing I wasn't very active here and all my posts were very serious, I just had kind of a goofy month and I guess that came out in my posts recently.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:01:09 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 10:53:42 PM »

dude you should be an actor..... a future jim carey  Grin

men are fantastic creatures hihi

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 11:01:38 PM »

dude you should be an actor..... a future jim carey  Grin

I'm not joking.  Roll Eyes
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 11:42:36 PM »

That makes sense. I think you were just being a descriptive writer and not a racist.

It affected my perception based on the fact that I knew it was a bad area and there had been recent murder(s) by black men about his age, yes. I acknowledged this in my OP. That does not, however, qualify as being "racist" - that's why I posted that disclaimer, because I know how sensitive the subject is, and I wanted to make it clear that just because I was scared of the guy given the circumstances it doesn't mean I'm racist against against anybody.

I think you forgot to type something below the quote?  Huh

Or am I missing something?
Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 11:57:49 PM »

dude you should be an actor..... a future jim carey? Grin

I'm not joking.? Roll Eyes

I never said you were.....

once i was standing out the front of KFC and this guy started to walk towards me with his dick hanging out, and he was jerking himself off.... i didnt no what to do so i spun around the other way, and then as he walked past me he slapped my arse and said somthing like " hey sexy " so i punched him in the back of the head and no longer did he stroll away he fukin ran away  Grin

thats one up for the girls Smiley

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: