Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:23:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JACOBY SHADDIX: 'PAPA ROACH And AXL ROSE, Perfect Together
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: JACOBY SHADDIX: 'PAPA ROACH And AXL ROSE, Perfect Together  (Read 4198 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 06:58:39 PM »

Good point - the Killers are probably too big.

The killers are too big?

What about in the 90's all these other bands that opend for gun's that were so much bigger than the killers.

I cant stand the fact that we have to settle for some lame ass band when we could have somthing good.

What about so classic rock band that would draw some other fans.  Like cheap trick or Billy Idol or something

If you dont like me, blow me!
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »

OH GOD....NOT Billy Idol. 

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »

They are actually a great live band.? I think the are a great opening band, they would be in my top 3 bands to open if I were in charge, right behind buckcherry and Green day (although they are probably too big)

LOL - Green Day's probably too big???  They're probably the 2nd biggest (U2) group in the country right now, wouldn't you say?  If it's questionable that Green Day is too big, then everybody's probably a possibilty.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 08:08:42 PM »

God I hope the Killers open after Nov. 3rd  Grin I strongly believe it will be the killers.

it could also be Sevenfold which would be ok.

The new jersey based ska band streetlight manifesto would just be ownage, it would never happen but it would be the best show ever.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 10:51:44 PM »

OH GOD....NOT Billy Idol.

Hey whats wrong with Billy.  At least you can sing and dance to his shit, come on

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 11:03:50 PM »

yeah man, billy idol rocks. :hihi:

it's a nice day for a white wedding!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 11:09:24 PM »

What about so classic rock band that would draw some other fans.  Like cheap trick or Billy Idol or something

Wow, Cheap Trick would rule.  They'd do it too, they've opened for lesser bands.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 11:15:07 PM »

having a newer band makes sense since most mainstream fans think GNR is classic rock or 80's metal. The last thing GNR needs is an oldies smelling show. Billy & Cheap Trick are great performers, but do they have anything to promote that is current? No need to dig them up for GNR who are trying to prove themselves to the mainstream be relevent in 2006.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 11:19:14 PM »

having a newer band makes sense since most mainstream fans think GNR is classic rock or 80's metal. The last thing GNR needs is an oldies smelling show. Billy & Cheap Trick are great performers, but do they have anything to promote that is current? No need to dig them up for GNR who are trying to prove themselves to the mainstream be relevent in 2006.

And how are the trying to do this?   By the lack of promotion?   No radio play for new songs?

I say, sign a great classic rock band to open.   At least the crowd gets to be entertained.  Fuck all the shows where sold as, "with special guests"  so they can have any1, why not a cool rock band.  Mabey some of the new fans will like it.  and look up some of there songs.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 01:00:34 AM »

damn it, you mean raw dumped the union underground song for these guys???oh well
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »

Good point - the Killers are probably too big.

The killers are too big?

What about in the 90's all these other bands that opend for gun's that were so much bigger than the killers.

Who are you talking about? The biggest I can think of are Skid Row, who definitely never had the sales that the Killers have. Soundgarden opened before they really blew up.
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 01:47:47 AM »

damn it, you mean raw dumped the union underground song for these guys???oh well

The Union Underground's cd was fucking amazing.  It's ashame that the band broke up the way they did.  The guitarest actually compaired the singer's actions to Axl's actions in an interview once, stating that he wanted total control, he was a perfectionist, and he sits in the studio all day working, but doesn't get anything accomplished...

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 02:57:41 AM »

That song is called Scars.? Actually, I think they are kind of a stupid band myself - but heard the "Getting Away With Murder" album from start to finish and must admit - they have some good songs.? Scars, Last Resort ("cut my life into pieces, etc.") and Getting Away With Murder are all pretty good rock songs.

Speaking of this .... wouldn't the KILLERS be a great opening band?? Their new album is great.

I think GNR fans would maybe crucify a band like the Killers, That new wave soundin stuff in front of a GNR crowd??? I dont know how good that would go over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 06:16:12 AM »

I'm sorry I won't get to see Papa Roach, but i'm more than down for Avenged Sevenfold to open.

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

Papa Roach and dog shit make a way better combination....
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 02:29:13 AM »

I like a couple of Papa Roach songs I've heard on the radio, but I'm really not that familiar with them, and I wasn't impressed with them on the Inland Invasion webcast.

Honestly, I could care less who opens for GNR when I see them in Baltimore.? I'll be there to see GNR and GNR only, even if I arrive after work and through traffic, hotel check-in, and a short walk to the arena in time to see any opening acts.

And -- I just have to say this -- WTF kind of name is "Jacoby Shaddix"?!? ?confused
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 03:26:39 AM »

I've seen Papa Roach live, they're excellent.  I thought their first record was great, second one so-so, third release pretty good and I've only heard the single on the new one but I like it.

I saw A7X in July, I'd love to see them again.  I wonder if their schedule makes sense for opening in Toronto.  Time to check...

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
AtariLegend
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 06:27:29 AM »

Maybe they try to get Metalica to open, for them for some nostalgia

2 years WWE were desperate to get GNR to play at one of their events and now they have a Papa Locust song as the supposed new theme tune to RAW
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:01:40 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
Eclipsed107
VIP

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 04:01:09 PM »

Why does everyone think that Avenged Sevenfold should/will open for Gn'R on this tour?

First off they're taking some time off, so they can get ready to write a new cd (they pulled out of a tour just to take some time off!) and second, they're not that great.  I mean they're a good band, and they put on a good live show - but they're not the second coming of anyone (ya know?).

Just because the singer likes Gn'R doesn't mean they need to be mentioned in every post.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 04:44:03 PM »

Why does everyone think that Avenged Sevenfold should/will open for Gn'R on this tour?

First off they're taking some time off, so they can get ready to write a new cd (they pulled out of a tour just to take some time off!) and second, they're not that great.? I mean they're a good band, and they put on a good live show - but they're not the second coming of anyone (ya know?).

Just because the singer likes Gn'R doesn't mean they need to be mentioned in every post.

Everyone thinks Avenged is a good choice for opener for the reason you just listed! The lead singer is a huge Guns fan, they played with them overseas, and SINCE they took time off to record a new album, maybe for a few dates, they would open. Think about it:

1) You're an opening act...not as big a responsibility as a headliner...shorter set, etc. Still have time to record a new album

2) Axl Rose calls you and says "wanna open?"...are you going to say no?!

It just would make a lot of sense.

Hey man, anyone but Hoobastank, know what I mean?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: