Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:48:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GN'R @ the 2002 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R @ the 2002 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 45379 times)
clockworkrose
Rocker

Scorpio Rising

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2003, 10:51:09 AM »

Madagascar wasnt that bad   Tongue
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2003, 12:49:15 PM »

Madagascar wasnt that bad   Tongue

I would say that Madagascar was actually really great at the VMA's and I know a lot of people who recently got into GN'R where the performance of Madagascar at the VMA's was the trigger. The opening of Jungle was great too, it was just Paradise City that wasn't that great and most part of Jungle after the opening scream. [peace]

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
AdZ
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2003, 12:52:31 PM »

I liked paradise city.... infact i liked it all Embarrassed
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2003, 12:55:28 PM »

I liked paradise city.... infact i liked it all Embarrassed

Compared to GN'R level it wasn't really their best, but on the other hand... compared to MTV's average program it was probably the best eight minutes in 2001's program. [hihi]

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2003, 02:17:13 PM »

the music was great, but i felt that madagascar was axl better performance of the 3 songs, he hit everything, alot of people i knew who aren't huge rock fans (embarrassed to say one of them likes justin timberlake's music) said that madagascar sounded really cool, and they can't wait to hear the album

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Gunner4Life
Rocker

Gotta Call the I.R.S.!!!

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2003, 02:19:30 PM »

I thought the whole performance was unbelievable except for about that 15 seconds or so in Jungle.

Axl loyalist no matter when Chinese Democracy comes out!
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2003, 05:00:16 PM »

What do you think was the bigger problem?Axl getting tired or his earpiece malfunctioning?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2003, 05:38:29 PM »

I'm not going to say one was worse than the other,because IMO they were both problems to that preformance.Look at RIR3 he did very little running,then WHAM VMA'S roll around and he's runnin around like a chicken with his head cutt off.So ya his breath was a problem but obviously so was his ear peice. [smoking]

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2003, 07:07:31 PM »

Can someboy tell me what the hell happened with his earpierce? I've watched the performance about 20 times and never noticed such thing....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2003, 07:09:04 PM »

Can someboy tell me what the hell happened with his earpierce? I've watched the performance about 20 times and never noticed such thing....

I believe it kept on falling out, or something to that effect.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2003, 07:11:28 PM »

Thanx dude..I was just wondering..didn't know what the hell was all that about...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »

Yeah, but he was allready running around alot all the way through the illusions. Remember, he didn't run nearly as much early on. There was more dancing and more of that great snakedance.

I think he should revert to that style again, and run around less. It would also help out with the loss of breath factor many believe he has a problem with.
And dare i say, many of us that would go to the shows want to hear him sing, not run a marathon...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2003, 09:50:53 PM »

When I first saw him running I was afraid he would fall down.......how big of a disaster would that have been for his return to T.V?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2003, 10:59:37 PM »

the earpiece was a lame excuse, i mean come on u could see him huffin and puffin, if anyone has ever played a sport or did wind sprints, u know that at first u get out of breath very quick, but once u get your wind u can run all day, with the nerves and adrenaline running axl blew himself up to early by comin out the gate sprinting, hell world class athletes would b out of breath if they sprinted and sang like axl did at first, so its no big deal he just got a little to caught up in the moment.

if u notice on the 2002 tours he only ran etc during guitar solos and didnt try a whole lot of sprinting while singing. sure he did it like on the tokyo videos but he had a whole tour being in shape to do it, plus he built up to the sprinting with the singing, which like i said once u get over that first winded phase u can run all day without getting winded again.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2003, 11:58:51 PM »

When he was doing his Axl skip dance, i was so sure he would skip over the edge of the lip and fall into the pit.

I think the lag from the European trip may have affected him. He was probably tired, nervous, and then winded himself by running around too much. It wasn't that bad in retrospect, but far from his best performance. It's a shame because he did a nice job of arming his critics.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2003, 01:05:10 AM »

Yah, the ear piece is a lame excuse. When Aerosmith played the Grammy's (perhaps it was the Oscars, they played both that year) all their monitors went down. So they couldn't hear where each other was in the song, Tyler couldn't hear where to come in..........they did a kick ass job, anyway.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Dizzy
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2003, 01:32:26 AM »

Blame it on the earpiece if you like, the biggest problem was that Axl sucked that night.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2003, 04:08:42 AM »

There's more to it than that. For a start, he was motioning a lot to his sound techs e.g in the middle of 'Iiiiiii....*turns and waves for more volume*...Iiiiiii'.

I've also heard from three different sources including the guy doing the mix that thay had major sound problems.

Personally I think the biggest problem was Axl seemed to have not warmed up his voice at all as it was as weak and thing as i've ever heard it. He began Jungle with the long growl instead of the scream because he blatantly couldn't do it.

His voice is so much stronger on every other thing newgnr have done, it was just an unlucky night. He'll have his time.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2003, 04:17:11 AM »

As a result of his ear peice falling out...and sound problems....he couldn't hear how he was singing....so he didn'e know if he was on or not....and, except for a couple small parts...he sounded great

Axl is God.
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2003, 05:06:34 AM »

I think that him being out of breath was a bigger problem. I think that because he can probably still sing great even without the earpiece. He just didn't want the public to say he's out of shape so he decided to run around alot more.

I am not kidding Axl fitness was not an the issue. I saw Gnr a few days before this and Axl kicked ass he never stopped. I am not saying he was early 90,s Axl and he did keep disapearing off stage but his voice was unbelievable I think there are other contributing factors i.e. ear-piece or panic attack. Has anyone noticed he seems to get the words wrong to wttj. Although I am not a 100%  I believe he tries to finish the song too early and recovers well. What do you think?  

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: