Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:17:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wow Axl is in top form
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow Axl is in top form  (Read 5385 times)
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 03, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »

In anticipation of the upcoming gigs, I wanted to see what I was in store for when I saw GNR live on Nov. 3. I love Axl Rose one of the top 3 best fromtmen of all time (imHo), but the 2002 Axl was a shell of his former self. All the gigs I have found from 2006 though are astonishing especially the Jungle intro its pure fury I love it and the gig will be chaos. Axl is gonna kick everyones ass to hell and back once CD comes out, Scott Weiland take notes punk ass.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:53:08 PM »

Yeah, it is kind of funny.

Back in '02 we were just so happy to have him back, we didn't care how we got him, and were so positive, and now with the 2006 completely owning 2002, in hindsight it almost seems like a dark time for GNR. He looked ridiculous.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Chief
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:19:03 PM »

you are so right. i just watched a couple of bootlegs too and now they are just Killing it.. and he sounds just awesome now!! and he looks a million times better!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it is kind of funny.

Back in '02 we were just so happy to have him back, we didn't care how we got him, and were so positive, and now with the 2006 completely owning 2002, in hindsight it almost seems like a dark time for GNR. He looked ridiculous.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:24:11 PM »

Scott Weiland take notes punk ass.

What the fuck is the point in including this?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:30:04 PM »

'Cause Weiland is always making fun of Axl.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:32:57 PM »

And who cares?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:34:23 PM »

"Always" ? hihi

So, saying that is only going to start up a tired debate about Weiland and Rose... ?Roll Eyes

Conan O' Brien & Kurt Cobain's punk asses should take notes too!
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 11:40:47 PM »

I hadn't watched or heard anything from the 2006 shows and didn't pay much attention to people on these boards saying how great Axl sounded because I think a lot of the die-hard Axl lovers would say he was great no matter what.

But last week I watched the Inland Invasion show and it really blew me away, I can't believe how much Axl has been able to turn it around since 2002. While I don't expect him to be exactly like he was back in 1991, no one is 28 forever, it really is amazing how close his voice sounds to what it used to be. In 2002 I saw them live and dispite Axl's changed vocals I was still blown away, I can't wait to see them this year, it is really going to be awesome. ?beer
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 08:38:24 AM »

"Always" ? hihi

So, saying that is only going to start up a tired debate about Weiland and Rose... ?Roll Eyes

Don't forget Vince Neil...

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
November_Oasis
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »

Weiland is just an idiot I loathe him not only for his Axl comments but also his comments about other frontmen like Liam Gallagher. Its just a personal preference I don't like art rock interperative dancers to act like they are hard asses.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »

2001-2002 is one of the great mysteries of GN'R lure (there are a few). If ever there was a band and front man touring against their will.... that was it. And it showed. The big questions to me are: How did they get forced out onto the road? and Who forced them?

Aside from RIR III and MSG.... in retrospect that was an extremely dark era of Guns N' Roses... and Axl did not appear at all to be a healthy man either mentally or physically. He's definitely turned a corner over the last four years... and the band seems a much happier unit with Bumblefoot on board. It really is astonishing how much better things are these days.beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

Weiland is just an idiot I loathe him not only for his Axl comments but also his comments about other frontmen like Liam Gallagher. Its just a personal preference I don't like art rock interperative dancers to act like they are hard asses.
What did Weiland say about Liam? Liam would beat Weilands ass. Weiland should shut his mouth, as he's not in the same category as legends like Liam and Axl.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »

What did Weiland say about Liam? Liam would beat Weilands ass. Weiland should shut his mouth, as he's not in the same category as legends like Liam and Axl.

While I too think Scott's comments about Axl have been a bit silly, Liam is hardly in the same league as Axl Rose. Liam is just as much an arrogant fool as Scott sometimes comes across as. At least Scott can sing though... hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »

"Always"   hihi

So, saying that is only going to start up a tired debate about Weiland and Rose...  Roll Eyes

Don't forget Vince Neil...

Vince cant keep up with Axl, Vince got fat again  rofl

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 10:39:54 PM »

Axl has made more stupid comments than anyone else.  It's rock and roll.  Shut up and listen to the music, not the stupid comments the singer makes.  Not everyone has to worship the ground Axl walks on just because we do. Roll Eyes

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »

I know this isn't the Youtube thread, but I think that this video (whcih I made  ok ) fits in well with this topic.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wKKTpRrQdvY

It's a comparison of Nightrain throughout the differen't Era's
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 11:18:14 PM »

I can't believe how high and clean his voice was in 01/02.  Like a completely different person.  Still competent singing, though.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 12:33:02 AM »

lmao, you are right about Scott Weiland,, Velvets liner notes for the next album should be......

Vocals: Not Axl
Lead Guitar:Slash
Bass:Duff Mckagan
Guitars:Dave Kushner
Drums:Matt Sorum
Australian_Love
Banned
Headliner

from australia with love!.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 12:55:17 AM »

I can't believe how high and clean his voice was in 01/02.? Like a completely different person.? Still competent singing, though.

his voice sucked in 01/02,
the axe man is back tho!
back to the glory days
rasping his voice it passed the test   
fresh out of jail in sweden
on stage he was dreaming
no one ever asks why
as long as the axe man sings paradise
keep it rockin keep it rockin

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3671/goldy1us7.jpg

it's a little hard to leave when you're going down on me.
SumbodyElse
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 01:21:45 AM »

Wow, that's a trip. I knew he sounded different in 01 but I didn't realize just how much. It reminds me of that band Zebra from the 80's. 06 kicks ass though - his voice is stronger than even '92 - in fact, the whole sound of the band is just massive, like a wall of sound. They should scrap the studio recordings and put out a live album. The live versions sound better than the leaked demo's.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: