Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:17:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl's Movement
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's Movement  (Read 8142 times)
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: October 02, 2006, 08:27:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure we had a thread like this a few years ago, but I'm bringing this up again. I noticed that back in the late 80's and early 90's that Axl got that dancing vibe in every song, and that really make me energetic everytime I see him and listen to the song. Now, I know Axl is getting older and probably doesn't have that vibe anymore, and just move around while singing, but I seen him on the WTTJ video of Rosklide, Denmarck and he got that same dancing vibe like he used when he was young. Did you know what I'm talking about? Do you think he can do that again and bring some really good video of the possibly the great frontman of all time?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure we had a thread like this a few years ago, but I'm bringing this up again. I noticed that back in the late 80's and early 90's that Axl got that dancing vibe in every song, and that really make me energetic everytime I see him and listen to the song. Now, I know Axl is getting older and probably doesn't have that vibe anymore, and just move around while singing, but I seen him on the WTTJ video of Rosklide, Denmarck and he got that same dancing vibe like he used when he was young. Did you know what I'm talking about? Do you think he can do that again and bring some really good video of the possibly the great frontman of all time?

Oh that kind of movement, PHEW... I was about to say some topics just go way to far  hihi
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:35:22 PM »

Well, it's just something that I've been thinking about. hihi
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »

I love Axl's dancing!   Smiley  yes  And I too hope to see more of it.   Smiley   yes

I know he's still got it in him; in fact, I saw some of it in a video of "Better" from Rock am Ring (available on YouTube -- just do a search for Guns N' Roses Better).  If you want to see some vintage Axl dancing, do a search for Guns N' Roses Ritz on YouTube.  I'm partial to his dancing during "Rocket Queen", but I am biased because that is my favorite GNR song.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:34:53 PM »

I know exactly what you mean , difl
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SonDeP4cHgU
(yes i cuted out one of the slashist interviews cuz they sucked? hihi rofl)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:39:18 PM by frozen inferno » Logged
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »

Yeah, Axl hasn't lost a thing. He is still hypnotic on the stage.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:10:43 PM »

one thing that is good to know is that Axl was having muscle problems which plagued him on the european tour and limited his movement somewhat.  The upcoming tour he should move around more but of course he doesn't run around like the old days...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:13:03 PM »

Not running as much is good. This way he can sing for longer with out having to take a breath. Sound over running for me.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 10:34:21 PM »

I love Axl's dancing!? ?Smiley? yes? And I too hope to see more of it.? ?Smiley? ?yes

I know he's still got it in him; in fact, I saw some of it in a video of "Better" from Rock am Ring (available on YouTube -- just do a search for Guns N' Roses Better).? If you want to see some vintage Axl dancing, do a search for Guns N' Roses Ritz on YouTube.? I'm partial to his dancing during "Rocket Queen", but I am biased because that is my favorite GNR song.

I agree. His dancing is what drew me into GNR to begin with. Like HoldenCaulfield said, it is freakin' hypnotic!? drool
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 12:09:53 AM »

Quote from: PrettyTiedUp763 link=topic=36616.msg736713#msg736713
I agree. His dancing is what drew me into GNR to begin with. Like HoldenCaulfield said, it is freakin' hypnotic!? drool

It is!!? It's also very serpentine.? ? ? drool

pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:40 AM »

i like his right arm swing during sweet child o' mine like he does in Bercy France 2006 with the french flag. he also did that movement at inland invasion, just like in the original SCOM video.
duff_me
Opening Act

Get in The Ring

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 07:38:01 AM »

all i can say is the "axl snake dance" is the best way to get into skinny jeans quickly  hihi yup i discovered that one early one morning in a hurry to get to work

7/6/2006 London - welcome back to the jungle axl
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 11:58:08 AM »

He seems to be doing that typing of dancing alot more these days then the greater majority of the UYI tour. Overall I think the man is a masterperformer and to be honest he could make anything look cool.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 08:43:55 PM »

Phrozeninferno, thanks for the video. Yeah, you can see there that he still have that vibe. Every moves he make is like perfectly dancing to the beat. He knows how to dance that shit. Haha.

But if he can still bring back this kind of vibe in one of the "New" songs like Madagascar(I believe that Inland's Madagascar was pretty close to that) or something that is a rocker, then I bet everyone will be happy with the new songs because it's something that will blow your mind away just like the old songs.

I mean look at this guy! Whoa, he is really into it! I bet he can still do it today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnZn1QHtg1Q

*I'm not trying to support the old band nor whatsoever, the point is that I think Axl can still move like this.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »

one thing that is good to know is that Axl was having muscle problems which plagued him on the european tour and limited his movement somewhat.  The upcoming tour he should move around more but of course he doesn't run around like the old days...

He did in 2002.  When I saw them, he was a fucking pinball.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Christian
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 10:08:16 PM »

if i'm not wrong, axl told in a interview (not a long time ago.. i think a few months back) that he was moving differently and that was exciting to him and etc..
i will try to find the interview
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:02:12 PM »

He's definitely not young-Axl anymore, but he's still got it.

He's getting sloppier with it, and there's times it's very noticeable he's worn out and still trying to do it.

But I could imagine Axl the country singer. To me, Axl sitting on a stool with a mic stand in front of him, just ain't Axl fucking Rose.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:22 PM »

He reminded me of 1991 Axl at Inland Invasion, all he needed was a ramp to jump off.

At least he doesn't cluck n' strut like Mick Jagger.

(I love Mick Jagger, don't hurt me.)
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 11:13:09 PM »

Hmmm, I didn't see that Axl at Inland Invasion apparently.

He looked tired to me.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 11:15:42 PM »

Hmmm, I didn't see that Axl at Inland Invasion apparently.

He looked tired to me.

Inland Invasion was the first non-club show he had done in two months, so that's to be expected.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: