Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345244 times)
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: June 04, 2005, 10:53:08 PM »

Listening to AFD for the first time.  I remember saying WTF after my first time thru and ever since then, have been recomending it to my friends as the best album they will ever hear in their life time.
MikeB
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2005, 11:18:53 PM »

When i saw Terminator 2 the first time i rewinded the credits over and over just to hear the song " You Could be Mine " in the early 90's? and my neighbor blaring Sweet child o mine in her house , I loved those two songs almost my whole life but the funny thing was i didn't kno they were the same band till my middle school days.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 11:53:58 PM by MikeB » Logged
dustNroses
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2005, 12:11:59 AM »

Hearing the second half of SCOM (from solo on) on the radio and wondering WTF IS THIS!?!?!?! From then on i was a dedicated fan, Dancing around the garage with my mates pretending our cricket bats were guitars. and sitting out on my cousins verandah hearing the concert from eastern creek raceway. (it must have been loud!!!!) I was only 13 at the time!!! ok
Athlete
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2005, 11:30:25 AM »

Went to the London Ontario show...check out this story.

Okay, so I was on a downward financial trend. Divorce etc... anyway, I'm waiting for the clock to strike noon to buy the tickets to the concert...only my third or fourth concert ever, but since I'm a HUGE GNR fan...  Noon strikes, I hit "get best seats" or whatever and get 3rd row floor, center stage. YAHOO!!! I enter my cc number and DECLINED!

DOH!!!

I run to the living room and borrow my brother's card, but by the time I navigate my way back to the screen I need, the seats are gone. Net result...50th row, two tickets are $150 or so. NOOOO!!!

The night of the concert it's a frickin blizzard. It came up outta nowhere, and even though I gave myself an extra hour to get there, I'm 45min late. I wasn't even sure there was an opening act since it's a smaller venue...maybe 15,000 capacity or so. So I'm facing seeing 15min of a concert from the 50th row. I am BITTER.

I get there and there are scalpers on the sidewalk freezing thier arses off, and of course given the weather there is NOBODY to sell the tickets to. So this guy comes up and says, "Dddddo yyyya wwwant tttto bbbbbuy tttttickets?" or something like that. He looks about ready to die. I tell him I have tickets. Long story short, he's desperate and sells me 2 tickets, 2nd row floor, center stage for $25. Nice, but is the concert almost done?

I go in, it hasn't even started yet. Apparently the weather held up both the band and the opening act. (Some really brutal DJ Master Mike or something...complete idiot. heheh)

Anyway, you want the end to this amazing story? After the encore, I turn to the left to shuffle to the aisle, and out of the corner of my right eye I see something flash and instinctivly put my hand up to protect my face. Drumstick hits me right in the hand.

Not bad eh?
parisrocks
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2005, 01:19:36 AM »

When Axl grits his teeth to sing "so farrrrr" in Paradise City at Rock In Rio after so long.
dustNroses
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2005, 07:15:22 AM »

My new highlight was 2 nights ago, when i watched RIR2 for the first time, Ive got hard n heavy volume 13 which has all gunners interviews and live shit from RIR but i had never seen that before, Axl strutting around in those american flag bike shorts was GnR at their most bad ass. Dead horse live!!! YEAH!!!!!
Locomotive
Headliner

Anything goes

« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2005, 04:31:41 PM »

- When I first heard them...

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2005, 09:18:49 AM »

New York 1988 opening for Aerosmith(paradise city video ).
When i saw it for the first time i couldn't believe that could exist a band like that but ,first of all, a singer like that

Simply perfect with his white boot/skin trousers/gn'r jacket red hair

A rock God
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #268 on: August 03, 2005, 08:54:29 AM »

I saw them in Sydney in 93..awesome

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
kathryn2662
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2005, 04:31:50 AM »

I can remember the first time I ever saw Axl, watching the Sweet Child O Mine video, I dont even remember how old I was, I dont even think a child that young could think this way, but I remember just sitting there staring in awe, and completely taken by him, and thinking that this was the most beautiful man I had ever seen, or will see.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2005, 07:54:04 PM »

Mine would be the 1st time I saw GNR in 1988.  I was in the front row on some guy's shoulders almost eye level to Axl.  drool

Why don't you just....
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2005, 04:58:32 PM »

seeing the new guns live in Albany druing the 2002 tour Smiley

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
bc2013
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: August 20, 2005, 03:41:32 PM »

Ive seen them 4 times.  The last was the best.   In Austin in 93 i think.  Drunk outta my skull and they even played dead horse.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2005, 05:58:25 PM »

I have never seen them LIVE, but If I ever do, well that will be my HL....

@;---.-,----,.---,.---,-.-,.--,.-,.-- The perfect Rose
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2005, 12:21:35 AM »

I'd have to say meeting Steve Adler and Gilby (separate occasions).  I've actually met Steve twice.  I shook his hand and told him how awesome he is.  I think I actually told him I loved him.  My friends never let me hear the end of that.  I guess I got a little carried away, but he played on Appettite damnit, I couldn't help myself.  I've also communicated with Steve via e-mail.  Meeting Gilby was awesome.  He talked with me and my friends for a friggin' while about all kinds of stuff.  He took pictures with everybody, and when we left he even told us we were cool.  A former member of GN'R telling me I'm cool...how cool is that!!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
November Pain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2005, 03:22:48 PM »

This is probobly a bit strange but when i saw them all act in a Clint Eastwood film!! You actually see all of them (axl,slash,duff,adler and izzy!) in Dead Pool which is the third film in the Dirty Harry films. And they're playing music at a funeral!! Bliss, apsoulutely bliss!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #276 on: September 27, 2005, 05:17:50 PM »

Just wanna share something!
We have a bar/nightclub in Trondheim (Norway) called Circus.. It is a kind of sofisticated rock club, with widescreen`s on every wall, playing Rock concerts.
from different kind of bands.. Every night im at the club, they play ATLEAST a couple of GNR songs! End everytime people get really excited! They had the Tokyovideo on the screens and played, Scom, wttj, pc! It was really great to see how people react when they play GNR! Everyone fucking freaks out!  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2005, 12:43:18 PM »

Hearing My Michelle when I was 12 (in '89!!!!) - and going out and buying Appetite the next week.  cue Life Change album!  and much dancing around my room giving myself whiplash!

Having a weird feeling that they would be on tv in 92 and turning set on and seeing all their names flash up slowly as they advertised the Paris televised gig...spooky!

meeting slash in 95 at a snakepit gig and sitting around drinking jay d with him and a few other fans who got there ridiculously early

Seeing axl at last in 2002 in london.  i went after a whole weekend at Reading and was so tired - as soon as Richard hit the first note of Jungle - I stormed down the front and spent the rest of the gig asking friendly tall, strong men to put me up on their shoulders (I'm quite small) - having a good sob at november Rain and Rocket Queen.  Axl blowing me a kiss as he left the stage (am sure it was at me dammit!).  incredible.  so amazing.  so satisfying to finally AFD played live and sung by axl - every minute was a musical orgasm!

I could on and on !!!   love

gnrbabe
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2005, 05:34:25 AM »

i discovered gnr in 1988 after hearing SCOM on the radio.  i quickly fell in love with it.  my fave one of the boys was steven. i was kinda dissapointed when he was fired cos i think he should be given another 'chance' as there were other junkies apart from him.  then in 1990 i eventually saw slash's face in RIP mag.  don't laugh but i turned to like him instead since steve has been a history hihi  when uyi I & II came out i thought it sounded like it was over produced or something.  now after more than a decade, i can't wait for CD to be released  Smiley btw, l still have this hope that the original five would get together again one day.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:19 PM »

Back in 87 or 88 watching The Roxy show on Headbangers Ball whenI was about 14 before anyone heard of them.

Bought Appetite the next day
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: