Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345284 times)
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #220 on: December 09, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

me likes dis topic....

hearing (and watching the video of) November Rain in the summer b4 gr. 7 and falling in love with it...leading me to buy my first album---UYI II (at the time didn't know there were two--whoops!  so I later got the other album).

Practicing for cross country while listening to GNR music

Drawing/painting while listening to GNR music

My grade school friend started giving me a few GNR clippings from magazines, which started me to create my first of many GNR scrapbooks (if you have any clipping you wanna trade something for, contact me!! Cheesy)

Watching "the making of the f**kin videos--part I Dont Cry"---and seeing Axl and hearing his deep sexy speaking voice for the first time.  Seeing him all covered in green paint, and thinking to myself, "wow, he's flippin hot" while walkin to class in the morning!!

My other friend showing me GNR concert which was broadcasted from France, and noticing Axl's ultra-tight white shorts  drool

going to Germany and buying a few GNR singles--they are rare over here in Canada

watching and recording interviews of GNR members/reading thier interviews and thinking, "wow this band is the sh*t--the real deal.  They speak thier minds and are "cool""...hehe

Watching the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert, and getting goose-bumps when Axl runs on the stage to join Elton John as the crowd goes crazy

Watching GNR for the first (and so far only) time in 2002 in Toronto---row 30.  Loving every moment

Watching VR twice (at the Kool Haus and the ACC at Toronto) and meeting the members...(whole story in itself!)

....actually meeting VR (specifically Slash, Matt, and Duff) propelled me into my 2nd phase of obsession with GNR!!!  HELP!!!  It's a bad obsession..... ok

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2004, 12:30:22 PM »

I figured I'd add the following even if it wasn't an "official" Gn'r highlight.  I saw Velvet Revolver in Chicago last month, and even though it is a different band with a different lead singer with mostly different songs, I realize it will likely be the closest I'll ever get to seeing Guns N' Roses live.  I got to see two founding members (Slash and Duff), and Matt play three classic Gn'r hits, Used to Love Her, It's So Easy, and Mr. Brownstone.  They were all about 20 feet from me.  It was an amazing experience, and it was a relief to go to some kind of Gn'r related gig after they cancelled the 2002 tour just one week before I was going to see them.
Dizzie
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2004, 05:17:58 PM »

sheesh...

i don't have any memories of a concert or anythin like it, i wasn't that freakin lucky...

let's see....starving to death at school to raise money to by the original AFD ('twas quite a long time ago...but here in NeverNeverland where i live a fuckin original record is really expensive, man). than almost getting expelled for istenin to it during all the classes  hihi

that besides the "first time lsitenign to a song" crap...there are some songs from Gn'R i've known all my life  ok
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #223 on: January 03, 2005, 01:00:27 AM »

leeds festival on the friday.stood up for 22 hours waitin for GNR.bin waitin to see em for ever.axls howling voice sends shivers down me spine as he bellows out wttj on that warm muggy august night.best couple of hours of me life.then monday mornin[same weekend]on the train to london.arrive early mornin,pub crawl all around london,then gnr show[docklands arena].best weekend of me life.to go so long with just rumors and shite in the press,dissing everthing about our god axl,an to see him take that big middle finger and stick it up to the critics an say FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EAT MY FUCKIN SHORTS!!!!!!!!!!!makes me proud to walk down the street wiv me appetite tshirt on.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #224 on: January 03, 2005, 01:16:26 AM »

hey, i listened to the bootleg and axl is just amazing in docklands, headbanger
i like the way he said sepentine at the end of wttj beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2005, 01:27:42 AM »

live an let die tottaly rocked in the docklands  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2005, 02:10:04 AM »

best performance of 02 imo, pukkelpop is good 2 beer

highlight listening to docklands ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2005, 10:38:47 AM »

Hey guys!

Highlights for me are:-
 1991, seeing GnR at Wembley stadium before UYI came out. The night before that gig i met Matt Sorum backstage & he told me how excited he was to be playing at Wembley, top dude!? smoking That whole show was great, even tho i was seriously frightened for my life at a few points from being in a massive crush of 70,000 fans. Also managed to get Slash & Izzy guitar picks from that show which was pretty cool as it was Izzy's last real GnR performance.

1992, saw GnR twice in the UK & after the Gateshead Stadium show , early in the morning as i was walking home i noticed a limo pulled up at some traffic lights across the road. I ran over & peered thru the window & Axl was sitting inside, i shouted to him & straight away he told his driver to blow through the red lights! Prob as close as i've been to him tho, pretty cool. None of my friends ever belived me about him being in the car...lol. They were still walking down the road.......

......Went to see VR last week & met Matt Sorum again, quality show. Slash n Duff were rocking!

Peace
Budmaster
Arucard
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2005, 01:38:26 PM »

To me it all started when I first heard Axl scream "Do you know where you are?!" at the age of 9 (How awesome it is to hear those words again! ), after that I got Appetite for Destruction and simply became addicted to their songs. Slash always played in a perfect perfomance too and his guitar skills were incomparable.

--Arucard
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2005, 09:38:51 AM »

unfortnally i never get the chance to see GNR live. I'am from lisbon and had tickets for their concert in RIR IV. When it was canceled i was 400 km away from home, in a field trip (I?m a teacher) with my students, and i got a sms with the sad news. I was so down, but that night, my students sang KOHD in a Karaoke, just to chear me up. It was great!

But my big moment was when i met Slash at a Velvet concert. He signed my cd, took a pic and shake hands. It was mind blowing
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2005, 02:14:33 PM »

I gotta laugh, today I was reading ('The Band that Time forgot') how Axl likes to throw parties for friends but always plays really loud rock music when they come around and once dressed as a pig freaking the children out!

Here today...ready to rock
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2005, 03:32:56 PM »

my students sang KOHD in a Karaoke, just to chear me up. It was great!

aw... very sweet of them.

since i'm in the thread I'll add that of my already posted 'highlight' of seeing GN'R in MSG...and at HOB
during those shows,  during KOHD, because Axl's voice is so heart wrenchingly beautiful  - I was moved to tears... 

and looking up at Robin's face from the front row when he came center stage to solo - so beautiful...   again I felt it to my core

can't wait to see them again live!  ok

JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2005, 05:28:58 PM »

Me and my girlfriend's first makeout was to November Rain, it has even more significance now.

Then she broke up with me on Thursday and I can't bring myself to listen to it.

Damnit I want my song back.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2005, 10:12:29 PM »

aw... songs are like that sometimes... they evoke strong feelings associated with memories

give it time.  you'll appreciate the song on a whole 'nother level when you are ready Wink
LIRAXL
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2005, 12:26:24 AM »

: ok:good idea Jarmo!
 Grin 1990- i saw a gn'r pic...  love love at first sight
...                 ...                    ...                 ...
 Shocked January, 2001- i was very happy to see new gn'r show
...                 ...                    ...                 ...
Fourtet
Opening Act

democracy is the art of running a circus

« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »

My GNR Highlight was travelling down to Boston 3 years ago to see GNR. Before paradise, i move myself closer to the stage, at that time, i had a shirt that i bought in London in 2001 for the cancelled tour and i could swear that he was staring from time to time at my shirt, anyhow,  i was really hysterical to see them that close.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »

My highlight was the Toronto Nov 29th show. It was just so awesome I had such great seats pretty awesome night my favorite concert ever!

Fuck All Y'all
master baits
Opening Act

av it tiger

« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2005, 05:48:48 PM »

seeing the ritz 88 show on c4,I think it was new years eve 88
Hearing i used to love her as the bside to paradise city
Nameing my firstborn after AXl (my dad gave me a bit of stick for thatone)
and seeing them live 2 in one weekend in 2002 (leeds  +london) what a weekend that was
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »

back in 94' i saw gilby clark in toronto what an awsome show.after the show i waited outside his tour bus for at least an hour for him to come out when he did i got to meet him and got him and his band  to autograph his pawnshop guitars album thats the only member i got to meet.almost met slash but it did'nt happen i would love to meet slash so he could autograph my tattoo i got of him. no.1 fan bailyrose.
jman660
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2005, 09:23:58 PM »

I first saw GNR in Foxborro Mass. It was the Monster tour with faith no more and metalica unbeliveable concert, next was in portland maine, then agusta maine I was in the front row there thta was probably the best show I have ever been to, Then in 2002 I see them in heartford conn. this was a very good show as well I was nervous as hell that Axl wouldnt show up but he did and put on a kick ass show also at this show ahot looking blonde showed a very nice clean shaving monkey to all on the big video screens some guy wrote on a piece of paper show your monkey and put it front of the camera then they put the camera on her and bam down came the panties
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: