Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345332 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2004, 12:59:44 AM »

Mine has to be September 16th (or 17th?) 1991 in New Zealand where i finally brought the Use your Illusion twins which I had been waiting since 1989 for. (I was 14 years old at the time!)I tell you it felt like an eternity of a wait for those albums (sound familiar?) but the anticipation and ecstasy of waiting for that day where I could go to the record shop and buy those albums, well nothing has compared since to the excitment surrounding those albums in my music buying career - that was truly special day!  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
CAZ
Opening Act

Welcome I

« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2004, 12:59:26 PM »

All I'm going to say to that is: Axl didn't walk away they did, so get over it.

Yeah right! Axl didn't walk away they did; he practically kick them out,he force them to leave the band with his bullshit.

Oh shut up already and stop whining like a girl. Go find another place to spread your loserness. If you hate GNR so much what the hell are you doing here you moron?
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2004, 06:24:47 PM »

(thats funny) Grin
axlholic09
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2004, 10:17:17 PM »

EVERY BODY........DO DRUGS! hihi smoking
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2004, 08:19:41 PM »

Well, a new one is Axl in Grand Theft Auto.

Damn, I love Axl with the smooth talk.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2004, 04:54:54 PM »

well, i don't have a single highlight or so, but when it's late and i'm in a special mood, i put estranged on repeat. i listen to it like 10 times or so until i fall alseep.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2004, 08:24:50 PM »

i remember when there used too be MTV GUNS N ROSES Weekend on MTV! Back in the days! That was sooo great! I got alot of copys on VHS! One moment that gave me goosebumps, was when i saw Tribute to Freddy Mercery on TV about 13 years ago!!! When Axl came running in on Boheam. Singing with Elton John.. I also remember when i first saw the You could be mine video! I LOVED it! Damn! back in the days, Axl were my hero!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2004, 09:44:25 AM »

Persuading my folks to play Appetite on long car journeys and then distracting them when the line 'Why don't you just....' came on in its so easy!

Here today...ready to rock
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2004, 01:17:47 PM »

Well I only became a fan of Guns N' Roses in 1999 when Live Era was released, but my first experience was watching Terminator 2: Judgment Day in theatres and hearing You Could Be Mine. 7 years later I saw a commercial for Guns N' Roses Live Era and I looked on the back and saw You Could Be Mine. I decided to buy the album and realized I saw other songs I had heard about (i.e. Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine) When I listened to the album, I was floored. Nightrain, Paradise City, so many great songs. My love for Limp Bizkit and KoRn and Nu-Metal was instantaneously gone and I fell in love with Guns N' Roses. At the same time I bought the Jan.2000 issue (I believe) of Guitar World and it had the complete Guns story. Opening the page to see the guys standing infront of a huge crowd was insane. They truly were the band that time forgot because I couldn't believe myself and no one from today really had a sense of Gn'R's historical signifigance to music. I was so intrigued I bought everything I could that was Gn'R related.

And well here I am, hoping one day Slash and Axl and the boys get back together  Grin
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2004, 01:03:05 AM »

Seeing Buckethead and Axl live twice was great.  I just hope Buckethead is going to come back, and this new band will take over with it's OWN material and not over 80% worth of covers of the old bands tunes.  Sure WTTJ, SCOM, November Rain, Paradise City, you can keep.  The rest needs to be NEW tunes and we'll have the best rock band ever begin to surface.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2004, 10:08:13 AM »

Hi all, fresh fish here. Been coming here for years, but this is my first post. Let me start off by saying that this is as close to an official GnR site as there is on the net. Great work Jarmo. Now on topic, the first time I heard GnR was when AFD was first released. From the opening licks of Jungle, I was hooked. Nothing like Axl's scream to get the blood pumping. Especially to a 16 or 17 year old. Needless to say, I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called GnR ever since. To me, there is no other singer that reaches me like Axl. I saw them in concert in 91 or 92(little fuzzy) with Skid Row in Charlotte, NC. My computer has basically become GnR central. Well, I guess there's no hope for me, but that's ok. Blame Canada ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Slashed
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2004, 06:31:31 AM »

i was watching MTV classic about 3 yrs ago n they had a GnR special ...i was blown away when i heard sweet child of mine n i was like damn this band is fukin good, im gona buy their albums immediately.......n there was this time when one of my closest friend stole the girl i really loved...n boy i was pissed!......so i sat back,cranked up the volume n listen to november rain n used to love her and i felt much better after tat !   ok
kiss-from-a-rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2004, 04:44:07 PM »

i was watching MTV classic about 3 yrs ago n they had a GnR special ...i was blown away when i heard sweet child of mine n i was like damn this band is fukin good, im gona buy their albums immediately.......n there was this time when one of my closest friend stole the girl i really loved...n boy i was pissed!......so i sat back,cranked up the volume n listen to november rain n used to love her and i felt much better after tat !? ?ok

Yeah, it really helps... Wink
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2004, 10:16:34 PM »

i was watching MTV classic about 3 yrs ago n they had a GnR special ...i was blown away when i heard sweet child of mine n i was like damn this band is fukin good, im gona buy their albums immediately.......n there was this time when one of my closest friend stole the girl i really loved...n boy i was pissed!......so i sat back,cranked up the volume n listen to november rain n used to love her and i felt much better after tat !? ?ok

So Fine just rams it home what a fool you've been though lol.  Wink

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2004, 12:03:19 PM »

Today i was walking down "Karl Johan", the main street in Oslo! Suddently i heard a familiar sound! Yeah! A store played Estanged! And the volume was pretty high! And with some streetspeakers i could hear it in a long way! It made me feel reaaaaly good!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2004, 09:40:28 AM »

Guns n Roses headlining Leeds festival, on straight after the prodigy. 'Nuff Said
 peace
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2004, 10:51:45 AM »

Today i was walking down "Karl Johan", the main street in Oslo! Suddently i heard a familiar sound! Yeah! A store played Estanged! And the volume was pretty high! And with some streetspeakers i could hear it in a long way! It made me feel reaaaaly good!? beer

A wild guess... Carlings, next to Churchill's? I've heard them play GnR many times! Maybe a should drop by and give them a copy of one of the enw shows? peace
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 10:53:54 AM by jaknudsen » Logged

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2004, 02:53:57 AM »

Hearing Madagascar for the first time.  Seeing Axl perform all his past hits, and SILK WORMS live in Vegas back in 2001 FRONT ROW!!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2004, 09:43:36 PM »

the vma, i was so stunned, couldn't belive it

and wttj on afd at the age of 5 or six, found my music preference there Cool

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
rayosagrado
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2004, 06:46:16 AM »

April 1992 - A friend borrowed me a tape of UYI1 and Lies. I remember recording the first 4 tracks from Lies, Live and let die and Don' t cry to a tape and listening to them like crazy. That was the start.
June 1992 - Paris show was broadcasted on Tv for free so i saw it. I knew only a few of the songs, but every time i could after that, i would play it on my vcr.
December 1992 - I was not allowed by my father to see the December 5th show, but since no incidents happened, my father took me to the December, 6th show. First time i saw GNR live, i remember they started with It' s so easy, played Bad Obsession, Civil War got interrupted because of people throwing things at the stage and my father and me left the show before Paradise city, cause the fear of disaster persisted. I didn' t know a lot of the songs cause the only GNR stuff i had at that point was a recorded tape and the incomplete Paris vhs...
December 26th 1992 - My birthday came. Money was given to me so i bought the only 4 GNR albums available. Now, they are the most played albums in my collection.
July 16th 1993 - My father took me to the show. It was awesome. I remember Welcome to the jungle got interrupted, hearing Dead Flowers for the first time. I had my father at my side so he told me which that song was. That was the last time i saw GNR live.
November 1993 - I bought The Spaghetti Incident? the day it came out. 2 weeks earlier i taped Ain' t it fun from the radio and listened to it again and again. I remamber bringing TSI? to school and everyone was astonished cause no one knew it came out.
July 1995 - Went to Slash' s Snakepit' s 2 gigs here. The day before the first one, Slash, Eric, Gilby and Brian Tichy signed autographs, and i got to meet Slash!
August 2001 - I met Gilby and Steven, Steven was so nice but he has problems with his talking. They put shows together.

Where' s Izzy?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: