Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345384 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2004, 09:39:38 AM »

highlight- i bought tickets to see gnr in june 2001   beer

disaster- they cancelled      rant

highlight- they resceduelled to december 2001      ok

that was cancelled too.      crying
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2004, 09:17:20 AM »

yesterday at midnight I was driving home from a caf? (30 min drive), decided to put on GH and damn, it was magical, singin along the whole drive!!

Why does no other band do this for me ??

Listening to GnR always brings me 2 feet from heaven!!

Please, tell me some other bands that can do this  Undecided  I'm tired of waiting on CD all this time! But I'll wait, no matter how long it'll take  nervous

Like peeing clouds!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2004, 06:32:07 PM »

My biggest gnr highlight besides seeing them before the break up was meeting slash at cbgb's in the early 90's.. It was the coolest experience, he was very down to earth, just like a drinking bud, not a rockstar..
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2004, 10:39:21 AM »

2001  My sister bought me AFD for christmas
2002  bought all the GNR Albums & a bootleg of Rock In Rio III
2002  seeing GNR At Leeds

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
Jonzee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2004, 12:07:42 PM »

The 1st time I saw GNR was Aug 1988, they opened for Aerosmith at the Arena in St. Louis.  SOLD OUT, and everyone was there to see GNR(Aerosmith had just played StL 6 mo prior.  The first time I heard "Patience".  On "Sweet Child.." Slash started the intro and about 10 seconds into he screwed up, stopped(the place went nuts),then he started over again.  GREAT Concert

The 2nd time i saw GNR, July 2, 1991 at Riverport(THE RIOT).  Best seats I ever had there, and the 2nd show ever at the venue.  The show was going great.  Axl told a story of when he was hitchhiking from Indiana to LA, was in StLouis, and all he had was a few bucks and 1/2 a joint, so he went down to the Arch, and smoked a joint underneath the Arch.  We all loved that.   Then he said a trucker picked him up, and in his words "he tried to fuck me!"  Then he said he put a knife to the guys throat, etc..., then they played "Jungle". unfortunately, the next song was "Rocket Queen", Axl went after the assmunch with the camera, and well the rest is history.  We stayed around for most of the carnage that followed, until a few idiots behind us starting breaking their chairs, and we knew if we didn't leave, we might get hit.  What really blows about the riot, was that show was really going great, heard "Nov. Rain", and a bunch of songs that would eventually be on "Illusion I and II", but
it happened.  I will say, only about 200 assholes tore up the place, everyone else just tried to get out safely.  Some didn't make it out without a broken leg.

3rd time I saw them, Kansas City, 1992 Guns/metallica, Ice T opened (cop killer), then Metallica, then after a 2 hour wait, GNR.  They opened with "Jungle".  Axl ranted about the StL riot, and when he was about done with his rant, he told Slash to get a different guitar, "I've got another idea", So Slash had his double ax guitar ready to play "Knockin on Heaven's Door", at the front of the stage, he hauled ass to the back of the stage, to get a diff. guitar, and they played "Out to Get Me"

Later,

Jonesy
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #165 on: June 27, 2004, 10:13:21 AM »

Mine definetly is the performance in 2002 at the MTV Music Awards...I was talking to the girlfriend on the phone and i seen Jimmy Fallon talking about Patience and all this stuff...but as soon as he said Welcome To The Jungle...i hung the phone up lol....i was freakin out,i couldnt belive it...then watching the Sweet Child O Mine and Estranged Videos...i love the way Axl danes is Child...and i love the live performance is Estranged and when he jumps off the ship...But my biggest highlight was seeing Axl play the starting of November Rain at Rio 3 on the Piano...it was so amazing...so there are my GNR highlights..im only 15 so i hope theres lots more to come...Malcolm
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 10:15:22 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mauvemonet
Opening Act

« Reply #166 on: June 27, 2004, 07:16:50 PM »

When I first started my family I was at home a lot with MTV on in the background while I ran around the house. Most of what I heard sucked I thought but it was at least something to listen to. One day this fantastic music caught my attention and I had to go see. Of course it was GNR and I saw this singer that was out of this world just getting down with Welcome to the Jungle. I was thrilled and shocked all at the same time. Thrilled that something was good and shocked that MTV knew it and had it on. Then, in a classic parent child moment, my little daughter said to me "What's rock n' roll?" And I said, "That is." I pointed to the TV screen. She got an ear and eye full of the real thing that day and she never had to ask me again. We went to Hollywood after that and the rest is history. I was inspired to resume my music  because at least there was a reason to care, now.
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2004, 02:11:01 AM »

Hav'nt seen them live (was to young), but did see Duff at the Barrowlans in Glasgow around 1995?

They where meant to play  at the SECC Glasgow in Dec 2001, but cancelled the tour stating "It was to risky to fly after 9/11".
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 01:49:03 AM by Gazzathecoigne » Logged

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2004, 06:27:41 PM »

The Freddie Mercury Tribute. 20.05.92.

Seeing The Best Two bands ever perform together was special to me. KOHD was amazing. As was Axl's bit in Bohemian Rhapsody and Slash's Tie Your Mother Down.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2004, 10:55:17 AM »

Finally I've decided to post here.

It's so hard though, there are so many of them....

1) Summer of '88. My friend had just gone to Ireland to spend the summer ther and brought back AFD. He told me, "check this out man, this song SCOM is cool". I was not even 13 then and from that day on, music would have never be the same for me.

2) Summer of '91. Watched YCBM video and almost had a heart attack. I remember I would watch this show in TV ( back then we didn't have MTV) everyday to catch the video to tape it.

3) Sept 17th 1991. Guns N' Roses released UYI and II. I  told my mom to buy the albums for me. When I came back from school, she had only bought UYII. 10 days later, my sister got me UYI as a birthday present.

4) June 30th 1992. Guns N' Roses played in Seville, Spain. I also had tickets to the Madrid show a week later but unfortunately, that show was canceled. Anyway, seeing Guns the first time live was one of the best days of my life.

5) July 6th 1993. Guns N' Roses show in Madrid. This one from the Skin and Bones european leg. This was just the band playing without the orchestra and shit. Seeing Guns was great, but the sound was shit. Also, I went to that show with friend of mine who two years later would become my girlfriend for the next seven years. Trying to get her back, by the way.

6) October 30th 1996. Axl sends fax to MTV. It was the first statement I've heard from Axl in years. The rumors I've read turned out to be true, Slash was out of the band. Duff and Matt were threatend. I thought, this is the end of Guns N' Roses.

7) Sometime in 97. I discovered this site. To this date, it has become my source of news. I didn't register till last year though.

Cool March 2000. Not sure about the date though. First interview Axl conceids in years. I don't think I've ever paid so much attention to an article in my life. The possible album release got me excited again.

9) December 2000. Guns N' Roses to perform in Las Vegas!!! fuck, I almost bought a ticket for that. I was jobless at the time, so I've almost pawn my computer, cds, jewlry, sister...just to go to that show. I download all the new songs as soon sas they became available.

10) April 2001. GNR to tour Europe!!!!! I bought tickets but the european tour was cancelled due to Buckethead's illness.

11) August 2002. Guns N' Roses on MTV. I have read the rumors in this board so there I was until 4 am watching the show. When Jimmy Fallon said, " I love New York, this is like the jungle, MTV has asked this coming band to perform the last 4 years....guns N' fucking Roses!!!!!!!" or something along those lines...I even get cold chills now when I think about it. That was a moment. I was screaming, dancing, jumping...Axl rose himself was performing live on MTV again 10 years later.

12) Feb 2004. buckethead leaving the band. At that moment I thought GNR was over.

13) Nov 2004. Release of Chinese democracy?Huh

Lucky thirteen?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 10:58:51 AM by Chinasky » Logged
Mooses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: July 17, 2004, 04:41:02 AM »

I was an exchange student in the States in -88 and heard SCOM in the radio. I immediately rushed to the record store to buy Appetite. The best memory is when I was laying in my bed in Nebraska in the middle of the cornfields and hearing Mr. Brownstone from the cassette for the first time. I blew my mind and changed my life forever.

My friend has a good story too. He was doing his military service in Finland in -88 and he was walking in the corridor in their barrack when he suddenly heard music like he had never heard before coming from one of the cabins. He looked inside and saw ten guys sitting on the floor listening to the cassette player as if they were in a trance. One of the guys' friend had brought Appetite from America and it was something completely mind-blowing to everybody.
izzy07
Opening Act

« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2004, 05:07:14 AM »

buying appetite for destruction has to be the biggest moment(since i never had the chance to see them live Cry)

keep on shufflin
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #172 on: August 12, 2004, 03:58:34 PM »

My highlights were when Axl showed up at my house in his limo, we drove to the Fire Belly, got fucked up then fucked all night. He even bought me breakfast in the morning!! More cum on my bagel. Shocked  peace

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2004, 07:33:11 AM »

My Gnr highlight is the night i went to bed and didnt know this board existed ... 300 feeble, nobodys sucking the cock of a rumor hoping Guns N Roses will one day be again.

Well go back to bed and try dreaming again since we don't really need your humor around here.

Night! wave

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
takeshi
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2004, 04:42:08 PM »

buying appetite for destruction has to be the biggest moment(since i never had the chance to see them live Cry)

GN'R really do rock live but you'll see them yourself when Axl gets CD finished. Wink
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2004, 11:53:19 PM »

November 2004, if it over comes to be.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Crowebar
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2004, 08:42:49 PM »

Getting to finally see Axl perform in Toronto in '02 with the new GNR was the best night of my life!!!!! yes ok beer smoking

That show kicked serious ass and I'm glad I was there because the tour got cancelled shortly after. Embarrassed crying
deadflowerII
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2004, 06:02:36 PM »

I can't pick just one so......freddie mercury tribute show(we will rock you).....first time i saw the "sweet child" video.....and the 4 "shows" i saw......buffalo '92, cleveland,albany,philly '02...(that last one was a "riot")...ha Roll Eyes
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2004, 03:47:14 PM »

Lets see, I have been putting off this thread for sometime now. But since I got laidoff I guess I have the time to post on it, finally. First off great Idea on the thread Jarmo!

1. Hearing Axl's voice when WTTJ first came out. I was blown away.
2. Going and getting the Ill on tape the first day they came out. Since have gone threw a few copies on tape and cd.
3. (smeagol2124) I see you were at the Alpine Valley shows. I live and hour and a half from there, but could not go. I Was at my highschool graduation. I wish I could have gotten someone to go with me. Later found out a good freind got to go to second show at last minute. I will never forgive her. Thoughts shows make me cringe everytime I hear about them.
4. (popcorn) I see you were at the Iowa City show in March of 93. So was I my first GNR show. and I agree, it was the best by far show I had ever seen up til then. Did you see the guy fall all the way down the concrete steps and get back up. Man. While I was there, I just missed the band going in for sound check,
5. Getting to meet Matt in Madison WI. in May of 94. He was really nice, though I thought a little fake. He was more into going out and getting drunk. But it was still cool I talked to him for a couple of minutes and got his autograph.
6. Putting in my bootleg to Rio 2000. I didn't have the internet then so my info. wasn't that good. By Knockin on Heavens door, I was crying. I was blown away and to this day love that version of the song. Also loved seeing Axl with Beta at the and, started crying again. Was so glad to see the real Axl.
7. Hearing GnR was going to be in Vegas At the house of blues and blowing it off, thinking it would be a private thing. Still didn't have internet to get info. I will regret that one as long as I live.
8. Getting tickets to both shows at The Joint, in Vegas. Never had been there and had never flown. Best f@#king time of my life. I met a guy on the plane on the way there who was going, met a couple in airport in Vegas also going. They all had gone to the last show. I ended up in the 3rd row in front of Robin the first night, My friend almost got hit by Robins guitar when he was throwing it around. The second night I shook Dougies hand.  Thought shows were the best I have ever seen. Oh ( rain) Maybe we were standing next to each other!
9. I forgot one. Just before Vegas, I got to take part in putting a full page ad in the L.A. Weekly for GNR Welcome back. By the way thanks again for letting me take part in that. At the first show at The Joint, Axl held a copy up and thanked us!!!!!!!!!!
10. Chicago 2002, Stayed at the same hotel as band, friend saw Robin down the hall. and We saw Mix master Mike and his guys eating after the show in the hotel. This is the single best sounding show I have ever been too. The bootlegs do nothing for it. Axl was amazing that night.
11. Sense then I have collected may gnr items and met many gnr fans on line. It has been amazing and I hope it goes on for a long long time.
12. In Feb. of 92 I got a GNR tattoo, of Axl's blue rose and a pair of guns. I have several tats but it will always be my favorite.
I hope to have many many more tails  to tell!!!!! ok

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #179 on: September 10, 2004, 09:26:27 AM »

My highlight is when I got a copy of AFD late 87 or early 88 for the first time, and was blown away !!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: