Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345404 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2004, 03:34:38 PM »

Wow, where to start?  
1.  Seeing GNR live in 1988 at Danville, IL.  Small show, about 5,000 and it was just a month or so before GNR exploded.  Great show, tons of raw energy from a young and hungry band.

2.  Arranging an orthodontist appointment to coincide with the Illusion release date

3.  Seeing the GNR, Metallica, and faith no More show in Indianapolis in 1992.  GNR was 2 hours late to the stage but there was a nice titty show during the wait!

4.  Seeing Izzy's old house outside of Lafayette.

5.  Working with former school mates of Izzy and Axl and seeing yearbook photos of a middle school aged Bill Baily.

6.  Seeing pictures of a coworker doing coke with Axl after the 88 Danville show.

7.  Seeing the New GNR at the House of Blues, Las Vegas for New Year's 01.  First show in 10 years, $250/ticket, 4,000 miles roundtrip and one blistering version of Paradise City to close the show.

8.  2002 Chicago show with the new band and hearing Madagascar for the first time.
Snakepit__
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2004, 04:55:01 PM »

man, did you saw guns in sweden 91'?
that must have been great!!

my biggest highlight was when i got the suicide album, it was great!
Snakepit__
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2004, 05:05:08 PM »

i have some more highlights here!

;D87: i bought AFD on vinyl

8)89: bought Lies and a GN'R leather jacket

:smoking:91-94: bouth UYI I & II (also bought the november rain single.) i was going to see guns 93 in sweden but the tickets was sold out.
in 1994 i bought sympathy for the devil on single, and after that i don't heard nothing from real guns anymore, except when axl and bruce springsteen preformed at something. and i bought suicde on lp

;D2001-2002: new guns, they are fuckin' awesome!!
Snakepit__
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2004, 05:33:29 PM »

That's cool indianagunner. Congrats! Smiley

I've also gotten to know some cool people thanks to GN'R. Smiley

/jarmo

did you saw guns in sweden 91?
that's must have been really cool,
the only thing i've seen from guns live is slash's snakepit at fryshuset in stockholm.
 ok
sweetchild69
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2004, 11:54:12 PM »

my gnr highlight was when i got appetite for destruction in 7th grade. when i first got the cd, i was completely blown away with it, and i listened to the whole thing like every day. i am still obsessed with that cd; its probably my favorite.
diza
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2004, 11:29:49 AM »

I heard on the radio and said out loud.WHO are they?
Then I saw them on mtv .It was in 88-90-
I fell in love wit the music.Slash guitar axl vocie,everything is perfect!!!!!!!!diza
Snakes and TopHat
Opening Act

I wanna be Slash

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2004, 07:51:54 PM »

I was in the sixth grade and are school was having a talent show and these guys played welcome to the jungle. I was hooked I went home watched the video and then bought the album.

My favorite moment is when GNFR excepted the award on live tv and slash and duff were drunk off there ass and said the F word twice on live tv I thought you dont get cooler than these guys.

The first concert I saw was on pay per view at the hippodome I think thats the name and soundgarden opened up for them that ruled.

Then I thought I was the baddest thing since bread when I got my AFD and slashes snakepit tattoos.

My favorite scene in a video is on dont cry when slash drive his car off the cliff and starts to play his solo on the top of the road.

How about when nirvana called out axl on stage on the music awards and security had to stop axl from goig to the nirvana trailer.

GNFR rules anything they do or say is cool to me.

I'll take a nicotine,Caffine,Sugar fix jesus dont'ya git tired of turnin tricks but when your innocence dies you'll find the blues. Right next door to hell
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2004, 12:39:44 AM »

only highlight i have worth mentioning.

1991/ i was 10, and i had seen the YCBM videos enough times to tell me i needed UYI 2. so i got my brother to buy me that one. loved it. maybe a month later, i went to whatever store with my dad and showed him UYI 1 and he got it for me. i remember being way excited because a couple of my friends were going to come over and we were all apeshit over GNR by that time. so the next morning my mom asks me what i got from the store and i tell her. then she tells me to bring it to her. so i bring her the tape cover (i knew where this was going). then she tells me to bring her the tape. so i bring it and she says you'll get it back when youre 18.
  throughout the years my GNR intensity faded, but by the time i was a senior in high school, a friend of mine brought AFD to school, and i wanted to listen to it as a joke. by that time i was into street punk rock, and figured the butt rock would be a good joke to laugh at. then listening to it, i started enjoying more than i was supposed to.
  Christmas time 1998, i went to a girlfriend's uncles house and he had AFD on LP. i pulled it aside to listen to that night, and he told me i could keep it. that he didn't want it anymore. (take note that these moments are building up).
  April 1, 1999. im 18 years old. i ask my mom for my tape, kind of hoping she'd lost it so i could hold the fact that she went against her word over her head forever, and she gives it to me. this totally seals the deal. every song got more and more familiar and i've been a GNR freak since!

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2004, 05:06:44 PM »

Also met Duff: He?s a very nice guy.

YOU MET DUFF?HuhHuh

When... spill!!!!!!  crying

Anyone else?Huh??

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2004, 06:25:05 PM »

i used to date axl when i was in highschool. we went out for five months

IM an earth goddess
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2004, 09:16:37 AM »

i used to date axl when i was in highschool. we went out for five months

hihi Er..... Really?

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
tanya
Opening Act

I'm a goddess

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2004, 11:51:18 AM »

yes really

IM an earth goddess
minto
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2004, 01:39:13 PM »

Remember watching WTTJ on TV and thinking how cool they were.  

Seeing the band on the VMA's in 2002.  Shit performance, but so exciting.  

Finding this message board/Forum and realising how many ppl still actually care about GN'R.  Thats cool (Big thanks to whoever runs this).

Buying Welcome to the Videos and watching it 3 times straight.

Next favourite moment will be coming on this site and seeing a release date for Chinese Democracey (Fingers crossed).
neuby87
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2004, 11:27:48 PM »

The first time I heard a GN'R song was when watching a movie called The Program, I asked my dad who it was and a new GN'R fan was born.

The first GN'R album i bought was Live Era i wasnt a big fan yet and there was no Greatest Hits yet so this was the closest thing and when listen to these songs I became... well obsessed.

My first GN'R show and only one was in 2002, unfortunetly I wasnt old enough and didnt know about the original GN'R until it was to late

And just for the record there is no reason why Estranged shoudnt be on GN'R Greatest Hits
Rachel
Opening Act

I LOVE AXL

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2004, 06:02:22 AM »

My list of Guns and Roses experiances:
 :)1989-i first heard SCOM
 :)1989-i heard Appetite
 :)1990-i heard the other albums
 :)1991-i started 2 love Axl
 :)1992-i started 2 love Axl

I think u get the picture...

Rachel
GnR_Kel_UK
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2004, 12:11:29 PM »

I've only became a GnR fan quite recently.....

I first heard bits of SCOM and PC in early 2003, but I didn't like them much at first, I thought they were a load of old time rubbish. But later on, at the beginning of 2004 I think, I saw the video for SCOM and I listened to the whole thing, and then I realised that they were quite good, and they were not old time junk at all. I wanted to hear more of GnR, so I nicked my Dad's UYI and AFD albums and I instantly fell in love with them, every song I heard I liked them better. My friends are so bored of hearing about Guns n Roses now!  Wink

My way, your way, anything goes tonight ;o)
Evolution
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2004, 10:02:15 PM »

i want 2 add the success of gh to this because it has gotten everyone talking about them again ok
cuikka
Opening Act

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2004, 03:53:14 PM »

I bought a music magazine in 1992 (mayby) and i was listening totally different kind of music than gnr. In that magazine i saw a picture of Axl on stage during their UYI-tour. On that picture there was something in his eyes, fire, anger etc. And i started to read the article over and over again. The article was about the dangerous band in the world and how duff and slash were drunk during the press in Stockholm.
One saturday night i recorded from the radio my first gnr song, estranged and i was sold. After that came you could mine, then the all the records.
After i red that slash had left the band, i "forgot" the band and its music.Then came live era and I bought it, and i was back in the days when i first found gnr.
And now lots of my freetime goes in this forum reading all the news that i can find.
hopefully we someday can hear new music from them.but if not, they have give us so much good songs and times. they did five records that last forever.
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

Being born and raised in Los Angeles/Hollywood, California is an experience that will always leave its mark on anyone who is truly from the area. Back in the 1980's My older sister and I would go places in town and see alot of the local acts playing in the area. One of the most memorable acts we saw back then was Hollywood Rose... Back then no one ever knew that their singer would be the legendary W. Axl Rose.

Of course by the time Guns N' Roses formed when it was Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner and Ole Beich we were ecstatic because these guys kicked so much ass. This was before Steven Adler replaced Rob Gardner, Slash replaced Tracii Guns (the man who put the Guns in Guns N' Roses), and Duff replaced Ole Beich.

This was back in the late half of 1985 before Guns N' Roses got their recording contract from Geffen and released Appetite For Destruction. But what really got me hooked on Guns N' Roses was after my nineth birthday (Summer-Fall of 1987) after hearing Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine and Rocket Queen on the radio... but the song that got me to buy Appetite For Destruction was 'Nightrain'

Later on I bought GN'R Lies and eventually went on to buy the Use Your Illusion albums I & II and see Guns N' Roses live in Los Angeles on the North American leg of their Use Your Illusion tour. I didn't buy The Spaghetti Incident after hearing some of the songs and finding out they were all covers... after that I was hoping for a real follow-up to the Use Your Illusion albums but was disappointed when Guns N' Roses broke up in 1996-97.

Years went by after the release of Use Your Illusion I & II, and I later heard "Oh My God" from Guns N' Roses on the End Of Days soundtrack, and thought that Guns N' Roses was back together with its 1991 line-up from the Use Your Illusion albums... Ain't it great how one's assumption always turns into a fucking disappointment? After that everything was shitty up until my twenty-fourth birthday (August 29, 2002) when I seen the VMA's and seen Guns N' Roses perform... Although the band didn't have the 1991 line-up from the Use Your Illusion albums they did sound good.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:02:47 PM by Civil War In Paradise » Logged

triple
Opening Act

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2004, 01:37:44 PM »

i was getting shitfaced watching terminator 2 and heard YCBM, then downloaded 2002 WMA's

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: