Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:10:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 346423 times)
Karma_Police
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

Holly crap! the biggest non riot Gn'R thrill I've had in the last ten years was hearing the Better clip jst now!! Awsome!!!
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #301 on: February 17, 2006, 01:12:10 PM »

faith no more/metallica/GNR at metrodome in minneapolis when i was in grade 8 hihi

I was at that show.... it was raining like a motherfocker after.. I believe Nirvana was orginally supposed to play, but Faith No More took their place when the show was postponed.  If it had been GnR/Metallica/Nirvana, that would have been one of the top 10 non-festival rock shows of all time!! 

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
badapple81
« Reply #302 on: February 17, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »

All this (the leaks).. the buzz and discussion is back.. amazing!!!
alexh0618
« Reply #303 on: February 17, 2006, 10:46:29 PM »

GN'R highlights, hmmm. How about TONIGHT! The sun is comming up on the GN'R world!
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2006, 03:58:25 AM »

faith no more/metallica/GNR at metrodome in minneapolis when i was in grade 8 hihi

I was at that show.... it was raining like a motherfocker after.. I believe Nirvana was orginally supposed to play, but Faith No More took their place when the show was postponed.  If it had been GnR/Metallica/Nirvana, that would have been one of the top 10 non-festival rock shows of all time!! 

I was also at that show, Nirvana never was gonna play, Axl wanted them on the tour but they had no interest.  That show was ok, I thought GNR and Metallica  were much better on their own tours. My highlight would probably be seeing GNR for the first time 1-21-92 Target Center, opened with Jungle and hearing them open with that was just an incredible rush after being a fan for years.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2006, 03:37:13 PM »

I hated Nirvana and almost all grunge bands..except alice in chains they were a little more heavy  Tongue Cool

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2006, 05:18:38 PM »

My biggest GNR highlight was seeing Axl Rose live with the new GNR in Vegas on new years eve going into 2002 at the Hard Rock Hotel.  I was in the front row, literally just a few feet from Axl himself.  This was so surreal.  I had high expectations and they blew me away.  They were so energetic and fresh sounding.  Axl looked the same as in 1992 and wasn't bald or fat like the assholes who spread the rumors said. 

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »

GnR live in 91 and 93 and now this, it's fuckin awsome! Cheers fuckheads beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Robs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2006, 12:39:42 AM »

My biggest gnr highlight has to be when i was 4 years old and my older bro and sister got me into you could be mine. it was my first favorite song and i just felt like such a cool little kid. it was even cooler when i went to see a cool movie like terminator 2 and it was in there Smiley

felt on top of the world at 4 yrs old listenin gnr. havent stopped.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »

Actually getting to see GN'R twice (on back to back nights no less) during the short lived "2002 Tour".
First in my home town of Toronto, Ontario with my wife (girlfriend at the time - our first concert together) and then in nearby London, Ontario (this was a new arena and GN'R was the first concert) with one of my best friends from high school.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 02:03:18 PM by neon2002 » Logged

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »

- Cologne 1993: my first GNR concert, i was 9 years old back then.
- Seeing the New GNR perform at RIR on DVD for the first time
- Pukkelpop 2002: Seeing GNR for the 2nd time in my life.Standing in the first row
- VMA's 2002 - all the rumours,nobody knew if it's gonna happen.Then the host started making all those hints and i knew it's going to happen. It was 6 in the morning and i was so bumped..incredible
- The recent leaks. Haven't been that excited about something in years. I've been waiting for new GNR music for such a long time, and the wait was worth it..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ESOR LXA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »

The first time I ever heard Gn'R was in my bigger bro's car and he had Live and Let Die on, I was only about 10 yrs old. I sung the only part of the song I could remember all day and been listenin to Gn'R ever since. My biggest Gn'R highlight was the 2002 VMA's too bad I was too young to watch them in the early 90's. Now hopefully with all this media attention they're back for good this time(I really believe they are).
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2006, 10:57:34 PM »

When I seen GN'R live in London Ont. 2002. That will always stand out to me.

Great show. Loved the whole band.

When Im Gone.............
brock landers
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »

Well it all started for me with the movie "The Dead Pool", Welcome to the Jungle was in that and when i saw the movie and the scene where Jim Carrey's character pretends to be the singer got me hooked!!

After that i remember listening to the album and watching the video's on MTV over and over. 

Then Lies came out and i got that on tape and wore it out, Patience was always a favorite of mine and i hated at the time when stations would cut off the end half of the song!!!  One in a million is simply awesome rock n roll music, its what rock is all about!

Then the seemingly never ending wait for the Use your Illusion albums. Back in those days before the internet, you had to rely on MTV, Rolling Stone or other mags like Billboard for info..I remember in about January 1991 an interview Slash did with Rolling Stone where he talked all about the album and played some tracks for them from a tape, talked about how November Rain was "very angelic", still didn't seem to anyone when these damn albums would come out!!

I remember well, since i lived in the south suburbs of Chicago, how the tour opened up at Alpine Valley, VERY cool to have everything start there, I was a junior in HS and didn't really have the means to get to the show or get tickets at  that time.  But would have loved to have seen one of those shows!!  i remember Axl had a badly sprained ankle or foot too from jumping off a speaker at one of the pre-shows in NY i believe, he got a high tech boot to wear from a trainer on the Milwaukee Brewers staff! 

Anyway, that whole summer was just filled with G N R, The CD single came out in June for "You could be Mine" with Civil War as the other track on it, played that thing to death!  Then finally, September 1991, who could forget that time in music if you were into it then, Metallica's black album came out in August, i LOVED Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" Nirvana would be releasing Nevermind soon, and to top it off, Use your Illusions FINALLY appeared!  I went to the record shop in the mall on the way to HS that morning, got there around 7:30 or so and i remember they were playing "Back off Bitch" over the loud speakers in there, a truly AWESOME memory, by the time i had gotten to school i had listened to UYI1 up through "you ain't the first" and i remember bringing in the booklets from both albums and concentrating a hell of a lot more on them that day than class! LOL 

Just a great time, remembering the "don't cry" single and video on heavy rotation that time in the late summer, Both Albums at the top of the charts just as the belonged. 

A REAL highlight for me though was finally seeing Guns live in April 1992 in Chicago, waited a month or two earlier out in the cold cold morning with a buddy to get 8 tickets for us and a few other friends.  By getting so many together we ended up with shit seats in the rafters but that didn't matter.  Driving to that show was a great memory, everyone packed into my car and we CRANKED UYI's on the way to the show, i still have my ticket which said the show would start around 9:30 PM, i don't recall when the Smashing Pumpkins started, nor did I or anyone else care, they were no one then and pretty much sucked, later on though and to this day, i became a big fan!!!  Anyway, i want to say it was at least 11:30 PM when the the boys hit the stage to "Nightrain", in later years io got a bootlegged VHS of this show and it was a fabulous find because this particular show is hailed far and wide as one of their very best, They did Coma, Shannon Hoon was there for "Don't Cry", Axl had a few long rants, he had just done an interview with Rolling Stone so that was super current news, just an epic night, i think we all got back around 3 AM and i had to go to school the next day because i was out of free days or whatever we called them then, basically meant i was able to skip my senior finals which were pointless atthat point anyway since i was already accepted into college.  What a night though!!!

I have a great memory of the Paris PPV concert, i remember having my orientation at the University of Illinois the day before that and that day, then driving back home and being very happy to have seen Soundgarden, another band i love to this day, open that show, i have my own VHS copy of it to this day that i will pop in occasionally.

After that things were a little fuzzy, college started for me, though right before i started, august 1992, was the famous Montreal Riot where James was burned, being a fan or both bands equally that was some incident!  The one thing i remember well after that though was in October 1992, when "Yesterdays" premiered on MTV, always loved that song and i think its a very cool video, Axl's look in it is timeless i think, his best.  Sure after that there was "Estranged" and "the Garden" plus "garden of eden" thrown in the mix, but maybe it was being in college or something, but Guns seemed to lose their steam to me.  Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Black Crows...these bands started to dominate my life. 

I do recall getting both the Metallica Live shit box set and The Spaghetti Incident on the same November night in 1993, love everything on Spaghetti too, not sure why that album isn't held in higher regard, "Ain't it fun" is simply awesome! 

After that there was "Since i don't have you" and then the final wimper of "Sympathy for the devil"  it all ended with such a thud...the time surrounding G N R after July 1993 when their massive tour ended through about 1996 was maddening, what was going on?  No one seemed to really know. 

It was kick ass though in the summer of 1995 to hear Slash's Snake pit and "beggars and hangers on", now i love the guitar work and vocals on that!  Duff and Gilby's solo efforts were ok, but nothing to really get excited about....it was a downer time to be into Guns N Roses, at least i felt and revisionist history tends to support that.

Flash Forward to 2002 and Chicago again, saw a GRWAT show in November that year, all hope was dashed though after the tour was cancelled not even a month later after the Philly incident.

But now, with the media coverage, Rolling Stone interviews, and the 3 songs being leaked, i am PUMPED again for G N R!  I can't wait till we get a NEW WHOLE album and the chance to see these guys live on an extended tour out doors, hopefully all summer long after the Europe festivals!
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

Great story man, thanks for sharing! ok beer

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
ESOR LXA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »

i loved it brock landers...u grew up right in the perfect time...i was just born and little kid then...i didnt get the chance to see them...but anyways loved the story!!
adry
Opening Act

On the Nightrain

« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »

-seeing 'welcome to the jungle' for the firs time in my life ever when i was 8 years old.
-buying use ur illusion on cd -my first owned gnr album- when i was 13
-x-mas 2003: gnr lies joined my gnr collection
-x-mas 2004: my first gnr shirt after searching for one for ages!!!
-dec '06: hollywood rose cd, mint condition in my possession (one of the best 'gnr' albums)

live fast, die young
waxlrose1987
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #317 on: March 01, 2006, 02:24:17 PM »

watching the ritz performance on mtv in february 1988 in 4th grade

gnarly
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2006, 03:43:21 PM »

My best friend went to Thailand and came back with Greatest Hits as a gift for me. I didn't really like music at all at the time, was more into movies, but she thought I would like these guys (she was right...). The following 2 weeks I bought all the GN'R CDs I could get my hands on and quickly became an obsessive fan.

I hate the fact that I'm too young to have seen the original line-up live, but I'm hoping the rumours of a show in Sweden are true! They should be, GN'R seems to be booking shows everywhere now! My God, this is really happening! Grin

Yey! =D
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

My Guns highlights are definitely coming this year...I can feel it  Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: