Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your GN'R highlights?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your GN'R highlights?  (Read 345162 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2005, 12:03:39 AM »

Back in 87 or 88 watching The Roxy show on Headbangers Ball whenI was about 14 before anyone heard of them.

Bought Appetite the next day

Incredible, Imagine a day when they werent famous...
badapple81
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2005, 11:23:39 PM »

When Axl and Sebastian Bach sung Hair Of The Dog in 1990. I wish the song sounded as heavy and awesome as that on TSI. Axl and Sebastian looked like they were having a great time.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2005, 11:47:31 PM »

When Axl and Sebastian Bach sung Hair Of The Dog in 1990. I wish the song sounded as heavy and awesome as that on TSI. Axl and Sebastian looked like they were having a great time.

yep dont forget, lars, james and duff
badapple81
« Reply #283 on: October 29, 2005, 10:35:58 PM »

I saw them in Sydney in 93..awesome

GN'R, Skid Row and Rose Tattoo  drool
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #284 on: October 29, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »

I saw them in Sydney in 1993 - it was awesome. I wish Id known then that it was the last time Id see GNR together.

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2005, 12:53:08 AM »

but it wasnt the last time GNR would be together.as long as AXL has a awsome band behind him then GNR will still be together forever.anyway in 1993 the ORIGINAL GNR wasnt together.you saw a second GNR,so whats different now.

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Amanda
Headliner

It Girl

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2005, 02:21:54 AM »

Well I saw as close to the original GNR as you could get..yes, minus Izzy and Steven. Otherwise still had Duff and Slash.

Whats different now is we dont even know what Axl looks like this year, or if the CD will ever be released. Anyone that was around at the time of the original gnr knows that without at least slash in the band, its not really guns n roses. Its Axl Rose with a band. Im not dissing gnr as it is now. I for one hope that CD comes out, blows everyone away, and the band gnr is back. But in all honesty, speaking as an "old" fan, its not the gnr we used to know.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 02:24:26 AM by Amanda » Logged

Sippin' a drink and feeling fine.
Krash
Opening Act

You could be mine! If your a chick!

« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2005, 02:41:02 AM »

1. First pickin' up a copy of AFD at age 12 in the fall of '88, it was my dad's copy smoking.? Listened to it, was floored, read the lyrics to Anything Goes and my jaw hit the floor.

2. Spring of '90, late age 13. Diggin through my stepmoms soapopera tapes so that I could Video tape a re-airing of Live At Ritz... taking it over to my cousins so that we could get stage ideas for our band ROCKET. Incidentally my cousin gave me this KRASH nickname that spring. My uncle later destroyed the Ritz video tape crying

3. Spring 1991, age 14. Moving back in with my mom and bringing a copy of AFD on white cassette.
All the 15-18 year old chick friends of my cousins in this town thought I was a total stud.? I used to walk around this one horse town (Twin Valley, Minnesota, pop. 800) with a Quasar boombox crankin' AFD.? My aunt asked one day back then "are you the one who walks down the alley all...NIGHTRAIN, NIGHTRAIN". I just smiled.

4. Fall of 92 or spring of 93 (i think, i drank alot then). Driving around the Fargo dome parking lot (Fargo, ND) with my now deceased buddy Mike Sackman listening to the band pummel through the walls as we couldnt afford tickets.

5. Fall 2002, my dad mailed me a performance of WTTJ with Buckethead on gee-tar. Cool....

6. Fall 2005 (age 29), Teaching my little 17 year old brother the intro to SCOM and most of Anything Goes on guitar.

6. Joing this fine info filled GNR board.... rock on guys and gals..........

I'm sure I'm forgetting other tickling moments........

"When there's no more room in hell the dead will walk the Earth..." -- Ken Foree, Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
Jonathan
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2005, 05:02:54 PM »

You don't actually see James..
Evolution
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

Hmm, i think i will add the leak of I.R.S onto my list. Pretty exciting as HTGTH was down at the time. I had to register on the mygnr forum ffs.
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2005, 02:13:22 AM »

Back when there was news

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2005, 01:42:38 AM »

NYE 1991 Miami 14th row baby! peace beer smoking

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2005, 03:17:05 AM »

You don't actually see James..

I was referring to the whole gig they gave Johnatan.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »

Back when there was news

hihi....no shit!  Good one Fiona!

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »

I Became a fan quite late
Dec. 1994? ? My first trip to the US, after having a shitty tape of AFD, which i fell in love with. I got to Virginia, and with my money bought the 5 gn?r tapes, afd, lies, UYI 1 n 2 and TSI. A night after that my aunt says that she doesn?t know what to get me for x-mas, so i bought the 5 cds... hihi, i was so ignorant, I didn?t know about the tokyo tapes.

Dec 1997 I got my hands on the hard to find UYI 1 n 2 tokyo vhs tape, and also the making fucking videos trilogy.

VMA 2002, Without any previous notice, i?m watching this thing cause jimmy fallon kinda makes me laugh, and suddenly he says something about a surprise, and some time later he whistles patience, i ran around the house like a maniac cause i knew that gn?r was coming, what i would see i didn?t know, but i had to find a vhs to record it, and thank god, i was able to do so. Felt nostalgia for the old gn?r, but still made me go crazy about hearing something new.

Now i have a nice dvd collection, i feel blessed, someday, someday, i?ll get to see them live.

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Karma_Police
« Reply #295 on: January 23, 2006, 11:27:31 PM »

I guess seeing them on the Skin & Bones tour with my older brother. Tha was my first concert. Another highlight/lowlight was the Vancouver riot in 2002. It sucked that Axl didn't show but I can always say I was part of an official Guns N' Roses riot. Grin
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2006, 08:37:22 AM »

I don't post too often at this forum, but read through this topic and thought I'd add some of my experiences:

1) January 1990, listening to Nightrain at a party for the first time. After that I was hooked.
(At that time I had only heard Paradise, Patience, Sweet Child before this day)

2) August 1991. GnR cancelling the Oslo gig after riding the train for 7 hours. Worst day of my life at that time.

3) Seeing GnR in Oslo in 1993. Great day, even though the show wasnt their best, and Axl kept running on and off stage all the time.

4) VMA 2002. I was home, after taking my appendix a few days ealier, lying in bed at 5 am in the morning, recovering and watching the show. I am not a too emotional kinda guy, but seriously, I was standing up in my bed when Jungle came on. Awesome feeling. (After some days of pain and surgery that was a hell of a treat for me).

-Eirik

adlerforever
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »

buying appetite for destruction. i'm a young gunner so i wasnt alive when they were around, but my dad got me into them and it brought us closer together
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:14 PM »

Driving 16+ hours roundtrip for Alpine Valley Concert before Illusion I and II came out....

Target Center in Minneapolis...about 15 feet from stage...

all the other GnR concerts I've been to....

My mom hiding my Appetite cd before guests would come over? Grin

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »

faith no more/metallica/GNR at metrodome in minneapolis when i was in grade 8 hihi

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: