Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TalkingMetal.com/GNR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: TalkingMetal.com/GNR  (Read 11800 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 03:54:09 AM »

Maybe bring a keyboardist on next vr tour, will be Teddy if it happens

What's with the piano ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 04:49:44 AM »

What does Sorum has to do with anything ?

I think he played in GNR once.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
TheMole
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 05:57:59 AM »

Jezus fuckin' Christ guys...

What's with the piano ?

Ironic that Slash and co. hated the keyboard/piano thing on the UYI, and in fact Sorum in particular. Not rock 'n' roll enough, or some such crap.
Well according to Slash, he hated the backing band used for the UYI tour, when he was the one who put the backing band together.  So, you know... if Teddy's parts are used and they do take him on tour with them like Sorum said they're considering, expect a complete denial that they'd ever said anything of the sort.

It's really really sad that some of you guys keep on comming back on the "what's with the piano" remarks, keep bringing back the "I hated the backing band" comments and keep dissing the people that brought you fuckin' A class rock music to begin with. People's minds change, they have every right to do so, without being dragged through the mud for it. It's what grown-up people do, they re-evaluate their opinions and change them when necessary.

Personally, I think the backing band on the UYI tour was overkill, and a lot of the UYI were overly bombastic with keyboards on almost all of them, but on some tunes, a piano or keyboards can make the sound a lot better, as long as you don't use it all the time.

I'm pretty damn sure that's what Matt & Slash were thinking at the time of their comments, so don't blow all of this out of proportion for your own distorted agendas.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 06:01:08 AM »

You know what I meant, he has nothing to do with Chinese Democracy (thankfully)

And he was very happy to comment about Axl's music choice in the VH1 'Behind The Music' thing, wich was not a long time ago.

I mean, why not talking to someone who's in the band instead of those people ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 06:03:15 AM »

yea he was on the illusions tour 15 years ago.  Roll Eyes   I dont see how it related to Chinese Democracy at all.

And yes Slash and Matt are complete hypocrites.   But thats neither here nor there.

cool podcast.  I loved their Chinese Democracy stakeouts.  These guys are as hardcore as the rest of us.  smoking
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 06:07:32 AM »

So Teddy Zig Zag said its too late for CD?? nervous We all better just pack it in and give up. rofl This guy has no relevance whatsoever. They should have just asked Tracy and Roberta what they think about CD.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 06:13:23 AM »

Thanks for the link. Downloading right now.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »

So Teddy Zig Zag said its too late for CD?? nervous We all better just pack it in and give up. rofl This guy has no relevance whatsoever. They should have just asked Tracy and Roberta what they think about CD.

rofl Wonder what ever happened them?

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 07:41:21 AM »

It think the idea behind having a couple of ex-gunners being interviewed was to get an insight into what Axl/GnR would be thinking/doing at this moment in time with CD and how they might do things differently. If Slash or Matt had said CD was too late then that would have made a splash (only a little one ) and caused a bit of a stir.

The thing about Journalism is that more often than not the interviewer works from a script that leads to a exclusive scoop for their employer and would sell loads of extra copies.  Good journo's know the subject, they've done proper research and can ad-hoc questions when the script is deviated from and get things on track, this interview was more of the former.

Interesting to note the mixing thing though, along with BBF getting a mention on gunsnroses.com as a band member, he's getting an opportunity to stamp his signature onto a song or three.... If that info is correct of course. If it is then clearly the new Guns will be initiated as legit band members, rather than Axls backing band, good news in my view.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 08:00:39 AM »

What's with the piano ?

Ironic that Slash and co. hated the keyboard/piano thing on the UYI, and in fact Sorum in particular. Not rock 'n' roll enough, or some such crap.
Well according to Slash, he hated the backing band used for the UYI tour, when he was the one who put the backing band together.? So, you know... if Teddy's parts are used and they do take him on tour with them like Sorum said they're considering, expect a complete denial that they'd ever said anything of the sort.

It's really really sad that some of you guys keep on comming back on the "what's with the piano" remarks, keep bringing back the "I hated the backing band" comments and keep dissing the people that brought you fuckin' A class rock music to begin with. People's minds change, they have every right to do so, without being dragged through the mud for it. It's what grown-up people do, they re-evaluate their opinions and change them when necessary.

Personally, I think the backing band on the UYI tour was overkill, and a lot of the UYI were overly bombastic with keyboards on almost all of them, but on some tunes, a piano or keyboards can make the sound a lot better, as long as you don't use it all the time.

I'm pretty damn sure that's what Matt & Slash were thinking at the time of their comments, so don't blow all of this out of proportion for your own distorted agendas.

Maybe their minds did change.  But their comments made it come across as it was all Axl's idea, and they said all along that they didn't like it, but Axl made them do it anyway.  When it was Slash who put the backing band together himself.
fixintodie
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 11:00:21 AM »

What's with the piano ?

Well according to Slash, he hated the backing band used for the UYI tour, when he was the one who put the backing band together.? So, you know... if Teddy's parts are used and they do take him on tour with them like Sorum said they're considering, expect a complete denial that they'd ever said anything of the sort.

I don't have any agenda, thankyou very much, just a functioning memory. Did anyone deny that Slash and the old group were integral to the songs we love? I never even dissed anyone - I said it was ironic, which it is.  And I wouldn't claim to be 'pretty damn sure what Matt & Slash were thinking' either. Put that telepathy to good use and tell us when C.D. is coming out.  Wink
Origen
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 11:42:11 AM »

What does Sorum has to do with anything ? Fuck, it pisses me off.

For the majority of the interview he talks about VR and their project, it is the interviewer bringing up GnR not Matt. I'm sure Matt would rather talk about current issues and not have to keep answering questions about some band he was in 9 years ago.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 11:49:32 AM »

What does Sorum has to do with anything ? Fuck, it pisses me off.

For the majority of the interview he talks about VR and their project, it is the interviewer bringing up GnR not Matt. I'm sure Matt would rather talk about current issues and not have to keep answering questions about some band he was in 9 years ago.

My favorite part was the Teddy remarks about it being "too late" for CD. Really? And it's exactly the right time for Jack Blades, Alice Cooper or any of those other names he thought he was cool for dropping?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »

You can download the whole episode in mp3 from www.talkingmetal.com , no need to create YSI links or anything like that...

I would recomend you guys to download the guns stake out episode... great stuff. Talking Metal's the best podcast ever, specially when they read listener's letters. There's one guy called bert gabriel that always has the funniest opinions about GNR.

BTW: Bumblefoot MIGHT be on the 102 show or 103 ( the next 2 )
Chief
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

hahahh i love it. great post man.. i'm gonna give up too in light of these comments hahah

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 03:28:18 PM »

Tracy and Roberta feel it's too early for CD.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »

LINK??? (Obviously sarcastic) OH HOLY SHIT!! First Zig Zag now Tracey & Roberta?? The odds are SO stacked against this band!

Any word on the girls of the 976-HORN section?? Hopefully at least they think there's still time!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2006, 05:25:59 PM »

LINK??? (Obviously sarcastic) OH HOLY SHIT!! First Zig Zag now Tracey & Roberta?? The odds are SO stacked against this band!

Any word on the girls of the 976-HORN section?? Hopefully at least they think there's still time!

Haha...the only reason people even mildly know who Teddy is???......he toured with GNR for 2 and a half years.....all of a sudden this guy thinks he is Yoda....I don't hate the guy but he seemed a bit pretentious there.........HEY TEDDY, PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE DONUTS AND GO EAT A SALAD FOR ONCE.......there are a million piano players just as good if not better than you buddy..... yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2006, 08:33:17 PM »

Haha...the only reason people even mildly know who Teddy is???......he toured with GNR for 2 and a half years.....

I would hardly use that rational as a reason to get down on the guy when that exact same comment could be made about an entire set of musicians everyone around here is pretty high on.

Maybe you disagree with what he is saying, but alot of people past and present would be unknown to the general public were it not for touring with or being associated with the band.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2006, 08:38:30 PM »

Haha...the only reason people even mildly know who Teddy is???......he toured with GNR for 2 and a half years.....all of a sudden this guy thinks he is Yoda....I don't hate the guy but he seemed a bit pretentious there.........HEY TEDDY, PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE DONUTS AND GO EAT A SALAD FOR ONCE.......there are a million piano players just as good if not better than you buddy..... yes

Haha....the Yoda comment is priceless.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: