Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 07:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228504 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  these 6 years have flown by
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: these 6 years have flown by  (Read 3836 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 11:06:36 AM »

I have a feeling after the album comes out i am going to be coming back a lot and dying to find out what happens next!!

Me too. I probably won't be on as much, but I will be here for sure. I can't believe these past 7 years. They felt painfully slow, but looking back they flew by.

Looking back I can't believe I didn't post more here over the years. I'm not sure but I think I've been coming to the site for news since around 2000 or so. I only started checking the boards recently. The two years before that were spent posting at thenewguns.com. Now I spend lots time at both, but I can't believe I didn't post here more before.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

Flown? Are you joking?

The 8 years or so Ive followed this band for have been slow and tedious at times. Cancelled shows and months of nothingness. The thing that sticks out for me was the VMA2002 but again it was a false start for the band.

Broken promises and little material to show for 10 years...

The album is more relief than joy for me!!!

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE TRIBLE ALBUM IDEA AXL SPOKE ABOUT ALL THOSE YEARS AGO?!?!?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »

It'll be great to kick this big white elephant right the fuck outta my apartment....And take the Texas sized shits with ya on the way out!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 01:35:51 PM »

Fortus is HUGE for this band.. i'm very glad they found this dude. i had no idea who he was before he joined the band and i follow quite a few bands...

Likewise... he's an incredible musician. Between him and Fink we've got great writing potential  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Chief
Legend

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 01:36:54 PM »

oh i know its far from over but i know it is close....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »

I think the reason why the time seemed to "fly by" (and I agree, by the way) is because of all of the constant glimmers of hope that it was on its way.

The fake Atlanta club concert, Axl buying the Pegasus sign, fake leaks of checkmate and prostitute, Axl being spotted at certain places, Korn (I think it was them?) saying they ate dinner with Axl etc. etc. etc.  all made for great, funny reading and always kept me interested.  So thanks to everyone on here, and to Jarmo and co. for a great site for us!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:40 PM »

I think the reason why the time seemed to "fly by" (and I agree, by the way) is because of all of the constant glimmers of hope that it was on its way.

The fake Atlanta club concert, Axl buying the Pegasus sign, fake leaks of checkmate and prostitute, Axl being spotted at certain places, Korn (I think it was them?) saying they ate dinner with Axl etc. etc. etc.? all made for great, funny reading and always kept me interested.? So thanks to everyone on here, and to Jarmo and co. for a great site for us!

We've had a lot of good people and a lot of good stories to keep us going.. time does fly here   beer

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »

I'm not sure that I'd use the words "flown by."  For me, it's more like "bittersweet" and "agonizingly long."  Granted, things have gone fast since the leaks, and the evidence of actual progress did a lot to erase that 6 year void, but still.  I'm a patient guy overall, and it's still been a looong time, I think.

*So* looking forward to GnR making themselves known again to loyal fans as well as a whole new generation.  It's about time!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 07:12:55 PM »

It's been an incredible ride. ?We've all gone a little nutty at times as well. ?Everyone here has given me a laugh at some point during the journey. ?Thank you! ?

Thank you for not banning or shunning me a few years ago for starting a thread asking whether or not Bo Bice winning American Idol could affect the release of Chinese Democracy!! ?rofl ?The sad part was that at the time I was dead serious! ? rofl

Through these 6 years, whenever I thought of giving up hope...I'd just check out the photos of the gorgeous female GNR fans posted here at HTGTH!!! ?Thank you ladies! ? Grin ?Tongue in cheek of course since I'm married and my wife is watching me type right now!!

Honestly, one of my biggest disappointments throughout the time was 2004's cancelled Rio show and the uncertainty that followed. ?Okay, uncertainty is a given being a GNR fan, but at that time it was ridiculous. ?Oh yeah, and the quotes from bandmembers saying that we were close to seeing the album...and those were years ago!!! ? Sad

I can't wait for GNR to rock the f'in house in New Jersey!!! ?It'll be sweet. ? yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »

FORTUS really plays well..he killed in that paradise outro.....robin is messy but thats cool.....but fortus is sounding like he learned some Buckethead licks to add to his arsenal....he's this awesome combo of blues and shred and anything in between...very versatile
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2006, 08:32:13 PM »

I'm glad these past 6 years have taken 6 years...
I think that if Axl came out with the Nine Inch Nails type CD that was rumoured when Oh My God came out, it would have been very strange. I wanted it so badly at the time, but looking back, it probably isn't the right type of music for the band.

I'm SO glad that 2001 wasn't when Guns N' Roses made the real return. Just watch Rock In Rio now... It's TERRIBLE. The look of the band, even as trivial as it is, it's important. And at Rock In Rio, that wasn't Guns N' Roses. It was just shit. Although, at the time I thought it was GREAT, and knew for sure that the CD was coming out then.

2002 was much the same, except they seemed to be stepping backwards rather than forwards. For some reason, I didn't expect Chinese Democracy then. That tour seemed strange, and sure enough, it was cancelled.

Now, it seems right. And it actually seems like it's all going to happen.
Lets hope so anyway.
I think it's a good time.

So, looking back, it's easy to say that the past 6 years have flown by.
But think about it for a second... 6 years of letdowns, and virtual nothingness. It's pretty funny/sad
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:32 PM »

GN'R related these 6 years have been...........pain

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: