Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:04:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.  (Read 45196 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »

Haven't read through the entire thread...but I say tacky! But I'm also a female product of the 80s that thinks girls should still dress up for shows and like, I don't know, actually do their hair make up and look nice! I know I'm alone on that these days.

Also..never listen to the band on the way to the concert...its BAD LUCK!

AylaRose

Well, hair and makeup is a given but what do you mean by dress up? ?I don't think being in full ball regalia would be appropriate especially if you are standing in a GA section at a GNR show getting covered in flying beer and sweat. ?I am an 80's product myself and of course care what I look like but I don't see why you can't look nice and support your band by wearing a shirt. ?I can see if you are going to the Opera or Theatre I always dress appropriately for events like that.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2006, 07:24:47 PM »

My girlfriend  is an amazing artist and designed her own pair of jeans with the rose& pistols logo on the butt and rose and vines going down the legs with the new g&r symbol . it looks sweet.

i say: be you, do you and you can never go wrong ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »

My girlfriend? is an amazing artist and designed her own pair of jeans with the rose& pistols logo on the butt and rose and vines going down the legs with the new g&r symbol . it looks sweet.

i say: be you, do you and you can never go wrong ok

Rock On!  Does she do designs for others?  Would love to see a pic of what she created!
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2006, 07:36:48 PM »

You can't wear a Guns and Roses shirt to a Guns and Roses concert...thems the rules. It's just not proper

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2006, 07:39:22 PM »

You can't wear a Guns and Roses shirt to a Guns and Roses concert...thems the rules. It's just not proper

well, rules are meant to be broken
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »

what about a shirt of a certain member of the band? would that be a bad decision? you know, like showing preference over the band members..

AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2006, 07:49:44 PM »

Sorry I should have explained..just "dress up" as in look nice....not just throw on a old pair of jeans, sloppy shirt, flip flops, no make up, etc.

For example, when I saw GnR in 2002 I wore a nice sorta low cut shirt, leather pants and tall boots. It seems like these days you actually look "rocker" and everybody thinks you're a groupie! I actually got comments thrown at me when I was walking to the bathroom by men that "oh look its the groupies" and was grabbed at all night. That never happens at most shows.  I remember in the old days every girl wore a mini skirt and such.

Of course, the most important item of clothing at a concert isn't the shirt...but the SHOES! Gotta be comfy that way, esp. if you are near the pit or have to stand for hours!

If you're gonna go with GnR shirt I say go vintage and Doc Martens! It was just always strange to me wear that bands  shirt to the show...I mean you're a fan.....so don't need to show it by the shirt..you're already there...plus its fun to be different than the crowd!

AylaRose

Haven't read through the entire thread...but I say tacky! But I'm also a female product of the 80s that thinks girls should still dress up for shows and like, I don't know, actually do their hair make up and look nice! I know I'm alone on that these days.

Also..never listen to the band on the way to the concert...its BAD LUCK!

AylaRose

Well, hair and makeup is a given but what do you mean by dress up?  I don't think being in full ball regalia would be appropriate especially if you are standing in a GA section at a GNR show getting covered in flying beer and sweat.  I am an 80's product myself and of course care what I look like but I don't see why you can't look nice and support your band by wearing a shirt.  I can see if you are going to the Opera or Theatre I always dress appropriately for events like that.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »

once I got a tattoo of Axl on my arm, I kinda had to stap wearing GnR shirts altogether.  I used to wear a Metallica shirt everytime I saw them, but I dont do that anymore.  Its sortof the new cool thing to not wear the band that you are going to see.  Thanks to Jeremy Piven in "P.C.U." for that.  But considering about half the crowd is wearing their new concert t anyway, it doesnt really matter.
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2006, 08:16:45 PM »

I plan on wearing my GN'R shirt to Worcester. I don't see why I wouldn't. What's the difference between that, and people who bring signs?
pebbles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2006, 08:28:10 PM »

definitely wear one, 90% of the people at hammerstein were wearing one ok
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »

Sorry I should have explained..just "dress up" as in look nice....not just throw on a old pair of jeans, sloppy shirt, flip flops, no make up, etc.

For example, when I saw GnR in 2002 I wore a nice sorta low cut shirt, leather pants and tall boots. It seems like these days you actually look "rocker" and everybody thinks you're a groupie! I actually got comments thrown at me when I was walking to the bathroom by men that "oh look its the groupies" and was grabbed at all night. That never happens at most shows.? I remember in the old days every girl wore a mini skirt and such.

Of course, the most important item of clothing at a concert isn't the shirt...but the SHOES! Gotta be comfy that way, esp. if you are near the pit or have to stand for hours!

If you're gonna go with GnR shirt I say go vintage and Doc Martens! It was just always strange to me wear that bands? shirt to the show...I mean you're a fan.....so don't need to show it by the shirt..you're already there...plus its fun to be different than the crowd!

AylaRose

I agree with you on all points except I don't see anything wrong with wearing a band's shirt to their concert.? What better place to display your fan-dom than at a concert with thousands of other fans?

I'm going to see GNR in Baltimore, and I think I'm gonna wear my Axl "One in a Million" t-shirt with a mini skirt, fishnets, and platform boots.? The boots are comfy, and good for toe-mashing in case anyone gropes.? ?Wink
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »

For example, when I saw GnR in 2002 I wore a nice sorta low cut shirt, leather pants and tall boots. It seems like these days you actually look "rocker" and everybody thinks you're a groupie! I actually got comments thrown at me when I was walking to the bathroom by men that "oh look its the groupies" and was grabbed at all night. That never happens at most shows.? I remember in the old days every girl wore a mini skirt and such.

If you're gonna go with GnR shirt I say go vintage and Doc Martens! It was just always strange to me wear that bands? shirt to the show...I mean you're a fan.....so don't need to show it by the shirt..you're already there...plus its fun to be different than the crowd!

AylaRose

I agree with you on all points except I don't see anything wrong with wearing a band's shirt to their concert.? What better place to display your fan-dom than at a concert with thousands of other fans?

I'm going to see GNR in Baltimore, and I think I'm gonna wear my Axl "One in a Million" t-shirt with a mini skirt, fishnets, and platform boots.? The boots are comfy, and good for toe-mashing in case anyone gropes.? ?Wink

Haha, exactly.  I will be at NJ and NY in my fishnet and skirt outfit as well complete with GNR related top, and either my Frye MC boots or my new cowboy ones which are perfect for assaulting the gropers! beer
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2006, 09:12:49 PM »

Haha, exactly.? I will be at NJ and NY in my fishnet and skirt outfit as well complete with GNR related top, and either my Frye MC boots or my new cowboy ones which are perfect for assaulting the gropers! beer

Cool.? ?beer

Like AylaRose, I'm a product of the 80's...? Well, I was born in the 70's, but I did most of my rock-concert-going in the late 80's and early 90's...? So I'm used to seeing (and being!) females wearing sexy outfits to concerts...? To me, a rock concert wouldn't be a rock concert without a little SEXY.? ?Wink
fixintodie
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2006, 09:26:09 PM »

When all's said and done, if I wanted to be fashionable/in/trendy, I wouldn't be going to a concert by a band most consider to be 80s hair-metal, who haven't released an album in 12 years.

I like hanging out before a gig, even in the city where a show is, and seeing people milling around in their GNR (or whatever) shirts. You know they're going to the show, you know they support the band, and you might strike up a conversation.

As an aside, wearing a band tee to see a small gig is always cool - small bands make more money from merch than tickets, and always appreciate it.

deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2006, 09:39:26 PM »

Concert shirts are tacky always. Not that that is a bad thing. no
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:41:25 PM by deep pocketz » Logged
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2006, 10:54:03 PM »

When I saw Guns N' Roses at the 1st Hammersmith show I wore my 2002 tour shirt. The 2nd night I wore a shirt I brought Friday night. I just wear what I want.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Annie
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »

The crystal GNR shirt that Bandita sent me is so beautiful that I HAVE to wear it to one of the MIdwest shows!!! hihi
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2006, 05:28:10 PM »

It doesn't matter....wear whatever you think is going to help you get laid....within reason of course

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »

I saw tons of people wearing GNR shirts at the show I went to and it was cool.  Some of those shirts I hadn't seen anyone wearing in over 10 years, and there were a bunch I hadn't seen before at all.

I think this rule is more of an indie rock thing anyway...if you're talking about metal and hard rock, you almost HAVE to wear the band's shirt.  Nobody gives people shit for that at a Metallica show
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:40:57 PM by jesuswithamullet » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »

I think it's lame when people wear other band's shirts to a Gn'R show.

Like who the hell wears a Puddle of Mudd shirt, going to see Gn'R?! hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: