Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.  (Read 45189 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »

I used to very much feel that you shouldn't wear the shirt of the band you're going to see to their own concert. Anymore I don't so much care.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2006, 04:15:10 PM »

Wll, your gonna buy one there, before the show so why not wear it at it?

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »

I wont wear the bands shirts to the shows.

However. ?When I go to see them right away. ? I will be wearing my bandana with my beach hat over top of it. ? Sorta like axl at the VMA a few years ago. ?He stole my idea! ?haha. ?

Now is that tacky?

If you dont like me, blow me!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »

I don't know, nor care, if it's tacky, but I plan to do it anyway. Who cares what other people think? You probably won't see them again.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2006, 04:32:03 PM »

It really depends.  People that wouldn't wear it are probably more shallow and feel compelled to fit in by looking different.  It doesn't make sense when you read it, but it doesn't make sense to see it in real life either...

peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Annie
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2006, 04:36:59 PM »

I don't know, nor care, if it's tacky, but I plan to do it anyway. Who cares what other people think? You probably won't see them again.
The truth is that I really don't care what people think. I love fashion and I wear what I want. I had the nerve to wear a Hello Kitty Bucket hat to the last GNR show at the Allstate Arena and several people meowed at me.  I just wanted to get an idea of what  people here think. peace
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2006, 04:48:03 PM »

Ya know what, anyone who says there are rules for what to wear at concerts are fucking idiots. Yes, that does mean you if you a reading this thinking "Fuck I gotta go on here and be cool". WTF are you?? Rockers or fucking poser wannabes? Want a fashion show? fucking go to one and leave concert going to those who enjoy the music, not what others are wearing.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Annie
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

Ya know what, anyone who says there are rules for what to wear at concerts are fucking idiots. Yes, that does mean you if you a reading this thinking "Fuck I gotta go on here and be cool". WTF are you?? Rockers or fucking poser wannabes? Want a fashion show? fucking go to one and leave concert going to those who enjoy the music, not what others are wearing.
LIfe is a fashion show.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2006, 04:55:15 PM »

I just bought a vintage tour shirt circa 1988 which has the tour date of the 1st show I ever attended at Giants Stadium. ?I was so lucky to get it at a good price and in MINT condition (24 bucks AND a sz. small which will actually fit me!) and I plan to wear it for sure at one of the shows because it was from the time when I had my 1st experience with GNR.

I almost always wear something GNR related to a show, I don't care if anyone thinks I am tacky. ?At the Hammerstein shows, I was in a bar nearby waiting for the line to disperse and tons of people were there in GNR gear and frankly it brought us together, talking about all the shows we have been to and such.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »

I don't know why it's "tacky."  I certainly don't think so.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

I don't know why it's "tacky."? I certainly don't think so.

Every show I have been to at least 80-90% of people there had GNR shirts on so I cannot see why it is tacky either.

What I find tacky is the way too old women in skimpy outfits thinking that is gonna get them in with the band though!  I saw a woman in Vegas who was checking in at least at 200 lbs. in a half top with her stomach hanging all over her jeans.  I almost vomited my grey goose and cranberry at the sight. drool
Annie
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2006, 05:04:02 PM »

I don't know why it's "tacky."? I certainly don't think so.

Every show I have been to at least 80-90% of people there had GNR shirts on so I cannot see why it is tacky either.

What I find tacky is the way too old women in skimpy outfits thinking that is gonna get them in with the band though!? I saw a woman in Vegas who was checking in at least at 200 lbs. in a half top with her stomach hanging all over her jeans.? I almost vomited my grey goose and cranberry at the sight. drool
NOw that is a whole other issue!!!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »

I just bought a vintage tour shirt circa 1988 which has the tour date of the 1st show I ever attended at Giants Stadium. ?I was so lucky to get it at a good price and in MINT condition (24 bucks AND a sz. small which will actually fit me!) and I plan to wear it for sure at one of the shows because it was from the time when I had my 1st experience with GNR.

I almost always wear something GNR related to a show, I don't care if anyone thinks I am tacky. ?At the Hammerstein shows, I was in a bar nearby waiting for the line to disperse and tons of people were there in GNR gear and frankly it brought us together, talking about all the shows we have been to and such.

where'd you get the 1988 shirt? I'm looking for somewhere that i can get a 1988 GNR/ Aerosmith T-shirt in Large
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2006, 05:17:49 PM »

I saw those women at Inland too. puke
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »

where'd you get the 1988 shirt? I'm looking for somewhere that i can get a 1988 GNR/ Aerosmith T-shirt in Large

You mean the white one with Aero Force One and GNR logo on the back that was exclusive to Giants Stadium? That is IMPOSSIBLE to find. ?I used to have it when I was 14 and it got lost somehow after I moved a few years later! ?It was worn to death though, that was my fav shirt ever, now I only have old pics of me in it. Cry ?If anyone ever posts this shirt somewhere I would pay just about ANYTHING for it!

The one I just scored on Ebay was the one with the rape scene but they had it listed somewhat incorrectly so there weren't many bids. ?I have seen the same exact one I won go for 70 or 80 dollars as I have been watching them for a while.
AxlsRoses
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »

I wore my "old school" Use your Illusion T-shirt to see VR. I wondered if someone would say something. no one cared.

I don't think anyone cares what you wear.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »

You mean the white one with Aero Force One and GNR logo on the back that was exclusive to Giants Stadium? That is IMPOSSIBLE to find. ?I used to have it when I was 14 and it got lost somehow after I moved a few years later! ?It was worn to death though, that was my fav shirt ever, now I only have old pics of me in it. Cry ?If anyone ever posts this shirt somewhere I would pay just about ANYTHING for it!

The one I just scored on Ebay was the one with the rape scene but they had it listed somewhat incorrectly so there weren't many bids. ?I have seen the same exact one I won go for 70 or 80 dollars as I have been watching them for a while.

Thanks for the info, i just want that Aero/guns shirt really badly, 2 of my 3 favorite bands
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2006, 05:29:53 PM »

It's not cool... it's not tacky either.  It's just what I wear.
It sounds like a very "metal fan" thing to do to deliberately not wear a t-shirt for the band you're going to see.  Some of these people have nothing better to do than say, "he's not a real music fan, because he's wearing an GN'R shirt at a GN'R show".  Fuck that... if it bothers you that much don't fucking look at me is what I say.
That and the people who just assume that you're wearing a t-shirt by a band you know nothing about if you're not wearing the band you're there for's t-shirt pisses me off.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2006, 05:45:27 PM »

I plan on wearing my GNR shirt when I go.........like wearing your favorite team jersey to a game.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2006, 05:47:25 PM »

I plan on wearing my GNR shirt when I go.........like wearing your favorite team jersey to a game.

exactly. i hate when people say stuff like "its not cool to wear a shirt of the band you are going to see to their show." when i go to a yankee game i wear a yankee jersey, when i go to a devil game i wear a devils jersey, so if im going to a gnr show, and i have gnr stuff that i wear regularly, ill wear it to the show. to me it shows that you really are a big fan of that band.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: