Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Huge Idea for the first single
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huge Idea for the first single  (Read 4925 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: September 30, 2006, 11:59:47 PM »

Gnr should release their single on cd maxi and on i tunes. They should also let people preorder the single the week before its release to I tues for max sales. I think it would be huge to see Gnr #1 on i tunes or Axls face on I tunes.  This would really hype the album if they did this. They could also stream it on the  offical site a week after its released.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NorthwindNS
Headliner

I don't need your civil war.

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »

Gnr should release their single on cd maxi and on i tunes. They should also let people preorder the single the week before its release to I tues for max sales. I think it would be huge to see Gnr #1 on i tunes or Axls face on I tunes.? This would really hype the album if they did this. They could also stream it on the? offical site a week after its released.

Good idea -

An "It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »

Or they could just give it away for free like Pearl Jam did.
Bono
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »

All that needs to happen is for it to be a huge hit on radio. It'll go number one if thats' the case. You people might hate me for saying this but Axl should do an ipod adverstisement. Hey it worked wonders for Vertigo. Imagine Guns doing an advertisement like that. It'd be awesome. though they wouldn't be allowed to get paid for it hihi. ?It's not selling out it's just promotion and it would be huge. There is no such thing as selling out anymore. If Bob Dylan can do GAP commercials Gn'R can do an ipod ad. ?At least it's somewhat of a music tool. hihi
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »

I think the Single will be drop in the new web site,for free. Wink

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 02:35:31 AM »

I think they should stay away from itunes...I hate downloading and I think eventually that is going to kill the music industry...I still buy every cd I have..he should just put out the album and be very careful it doenst get pirated right away, which im sure it will because there are assholes all over the place that will do it...you see I dont have huge expectations as far as album sales go, because of all the illegal downloading ruining the business....it will sell well by todays standards, and I hope it goes number 1 but it will never reach the level of the illusions or appetite in album sales... which is unfortunate......that goes for all you downloading motherfuckers out there...congrats....now did I download the leaked songs?...of course I did, but I am also buying several copies of chinese democracy when it comes out just to have....so I am not ripping anybody off
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 02:45:58 AM »

All that needs to happen is for it to be a huge hit on radio. It'll go number one if thats' the case. You people might hate me for saying this but Axl should do an ipod adverstisement. Hey it worked wonders for Vertigo. Imagine Guns doing an advertisement like that. It'd be awesome. though they wouldn't be allowed to get paid for it hihi.  It's not selling out it's just promotion and it would be huge. There is no such thing as selling out anymore. If Bob Dylan can do GAP commercials Gn'R can do an ipod ad.  At least it's somewhat of a music tool. hihi

Actually, Bob Dylan has an iTunes TV ad for his newest album as well.
Bono
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 02:52:38 AM »

All that needs to happen is for it to be a huge hit on radio. It'll go number one if thats' the case. You people might hate me for saying this but Axl should do an ipod adverstisement. Hey it worked wonders for Vertigo. Imagine Guns doing an advertisement like that. It'd be awesome. though they wouldn't be allowed to get paid for it hihi.? It's not selling out it's just promotion and it would be huge. There is no such thing as selling out anymore. If Bob Dylan can do GAP commercials Gn'R can do an ipod ad.? At least it's somewhat of a music tool. hihi

Actually, Bob Dylan has an iTunes TV ad for his newest album as well.

Fucking sell out rofl seriously though there sin't much out there that seems to be taboo anymore even to te most credible artists. the way the mainstream music scene has shifted bands that would once scoff at the idea of lending their songs to products have to do it now to be heard.
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »

iTunes with its DRM crap just suck. I don't mind them selling the single there, but if it's exclusively I'm going to be very pissed.

Also, I'm pretty sure the single will be streamed on their website as soon as it hits radio stations. And if they do things the normal way, that will happen before it's available for purchase.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 03:12:15 AM »

iTunes with its DRM crap just suck. I don't mind them selling the single there, but if it's exclusively I'm going to be very pissed.

Also, I'm pretty sure the single will be streamed on their website as soon as it hits radio stations. And if they do things the normal way, that will happen before it's available for purchase.

They will stream the Single on their website one day before hit radio stations,like the PR was on the net one day before. ok
I

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 03:13:49 AM »

I have Rhapsody, and pretty much all of the GN'R catalogue is available on there, except for "Civil War" and "Sympathy For The Devil." I'm sure they'll release it on Rhapsody as well as iTunes, Urge, Yahoo, and whatever service Microsoft is coming out with.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 03:18:33 AM »

I dont think we should worry about that.
gunsnroses.com finaly proved that this band has someone looking after it's best interest and promotion.
we may rest now, since it has finaly been proven without a doubt that this is the year.
 ok

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
fixintodie
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 04:40:04 AM »

All that needs to happen is for it to be a huge hit on radio. It'll go number one if thats' the case. You people might hate me for saying this but Axl should do an ipod adverstisement. Hey it worked wonders for Vertigo. Imagine Guns doing an advertisement like that. It'd be awesome. though they wouldn't be allowed to get paid for it hihi. ?It's not selling out it's just promotion and it would be huge. There is no such thing as selling out anymore. If Bob Dylan can do GAP commercials Gn'R can do an ipod ad. ?At least it's somewhat of a music tool. hihi

Bob Dylan's advert is for I-Tunes and his new album, not Gap!! Bit of a difference dude.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 04:42:32 AM »

Doesn't matter what it's for - It's still a disgrace.  rant

@#$%Funker
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 04:46:16 AM »

How often does putting a single for download on Itunes or some other downloading service come up around here anyway?  It's like every few days. no

I don't care how the first single is released, I just want it to be released.

It'll probably be released for download and cd purchace (with a few bsides).  Then of course the radio promotional cds...

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
fixintodie
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 04:48:15 AM »

I've always thought that the album would be released first, and a single would follow. I mean, the album's what all the hype is for, right? People will want their first experience of Chi Dem to be the entire album, imo.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 04:50:12 AM »

Well they have to release a single first, even if you can't physically buy it.

How else would people know the album is coming out if they didn't promote it with a radio single?

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 05:02:03 AM »

Spend 13 million recording an album for 8-10 years and release the most killer track you come up with.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 05:04:12 AM »

There are so many ways, to be honest, that the band could have taken advantage of free publicity already, and they haven't.

I'm not sure why. Maybe they've got some grand scheme. But the way they've acted so far, I literally can't imagine loading iTunes and seeing Axl on there. It's like they're purposely distancing themselves from the standards of album promotion.

Think about it, most albums are announced months in advance, and we've got only a couple months left really until this thing drops. Oh well! We'll see what happens.

As long as I hear music I don't care really - but I'd love to see GN'R make it big again.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 05:29:14 AM »

One thing I think I been been prtty consistant on over the yrs, when and if I posted about this kinda thing.

IS that I never thought the release of CD would ever be traditional by anymeans. IF there in any indication to that, just look at the US tour. I was kinda prepared as I think most of us here , who live in the US, for this and the fact,

1- The were starting to announce dates to follow up inland invasion

2- axl said at the MTV awards the tour will start Oct 20th

3-All of a sudden dates start getting postponed to later(the westcoast), incidently on a side note, to me I think that was very funny.lol, kinda I guess an inside jopke for those who know.

4- Suspisiously venues are by accounts giving word that GNR are booked

5- tix appear on Tix master, only to be taken off

6- (now this is actually pre, but it was said that the plans would be announced in due course, months ago)

7- rumblings of an announcement (after Inland)

8- WE fans get the news before its actualy giving to the press about the shows goin onsale
And mind you that was what 3 days before? ( if anyone is following me, I doubt that this kinda thing hs ever happened this way).

9- presales, and yes there was one, but an entire tour itnerary was giving, and the precess almost is like slow motion, fans first, always. . New web site, and talks of new content and vid and music. (mind you this is all info only since last week.lol Oh and throw in the MLB into the mix and , yeah the whole playoffs and eventual world series)

10- DO you really think CD is gonna be released traditional (13 more tues), !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Serious people this thing could be out at the drop of a dime now, any giving tues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.lol

This has been a great ride though, and its only the begining!

OH and I realised I went a bit off topic, but as for how the fist single will be released, I am leaning towrds, a global radio and online radio, as wel as a vid on the new wesite . at the same time!, just my guess.and that very well could be literally when you think all the yrs so many have been here supporting , just a drop in the bucket of time if it to be a few days, a week, or hrs!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:32:09 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: