Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:14:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canadian Seats Going Quick
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canadian Seats Going Quick  (Read 7840 times)
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« on: September 30, 2006, 01:46:36 PM »

Looks like it is going to be a sell out in all.  This is great as us middle Canadians sure no how to support our rock!

If you dont like me, blow me!
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 01:52:30 PM »

Well when you consider how elusive GNR is up here the fans are definitely gonna seize the opportunity with both hands.

The ticket selling system is fucked up though. I went to the venue to buy the ticket after like 5 hours of the sale and got pretty crappy seats.

You could easily get better seats online and that also that varies from site to site.

I wish it was first come first serve but its not that clear cut.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »

Ya the ticket selling system is messed up. 

The whole pre sale was a little confussing to me.  tickets.com would not work for me.  And after doing some hunting I found the password to the Edmonton presale.  Ended up getting a great seat for that, not floor as floor in edmonton sucks..

Waited in line at ticketmaster at 10 this morning for tickets for calgary and winipeg.  They said there was no floor left.   Bought two great seats for both though.  Came home and checked online and found floor for both, so what gives with that

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »

Canada loves Axl and GnR. I bet GnR is more popular in Canada than the US.
Jono
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 02:06:07 PM »

Halifax seems to be just about sold out now.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

I refuse to pay $85 for seats in section 104 or 101...a waste of time at the ACC...I'll take my chances with a scalper now...Ticketmaster can suck my ass Angry

Bono
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

There are still alot of really good seast left in both calgary and Edmonton. I'm able to get 4 seats right beside the stage lower level row 16 right now for Edmonton. ?I was also able to get floor seats still for Edmonton. ?In Calgary i was able to get 8 seast all together in the second level beside the stage. It seems like there's more available now tha there was when they first went on sale.

Ticketmaster needs to create a function where you can watch the tickets sell in real time. You should be able to open up a window that shows the seating chart and as the tickets sell the section become higlighted. It would be amazingly helpfull for fans trying to get tickets and it could easily be done.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

Ya thats a good idea for ticketmaster.  Would save time, from always looking at that seating chart as well.

I saw the side stage seats this morning for sale.   Would they be any good?  I passed on them and went for the dead center seats

fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:59 PM »

I refuse to pay $85 for seats in section 104 or 101...a waste of time at the ACC...I'll take my chances with a scalper now...Ticketmaster can suck my ass Angry

I paid 85 bucks for sec 118 for the Ottawa gig.  Angry

My dreams of seeing GNR from the front row have been squashed.   Cry
Bono
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »

Ya thats a good idea for ticketmaster.? Would save time, from always looking at that seating chart as well.

I saw the side stage seats this morning for sale.? ?Would they be any good?? I passed on them and went for the dead center seats

Side of the stage is cool cause you're close but you miss out on alot of the stage show. I had side stage seats for motley Crue and it was pretty cool. But when I went to NIN I had side stage seats and I knew imediately that I didn't want to sit there. Lucky for me the building(Rexall Place in Edmnton) was half empty so I went right to the back of the venue and sat ?front row first balcony dead ceter. best choice I could have made. I personally don't think there could ?have been a better spot for that show. ?I think for Guns N' Roses you made the right choice picking the center seats. ok
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »

Are the gigs out east Gen Admish too? ?

Been to a few gen admish shows here in Edmonton and they have sucked. ?Why would you want to do that?

I figure a few rows back dead center in like being front row if not better.

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »

General Admission for Ottawa doesn't have seats. I double checked this with the venue. I refuse to go to a rock show if I can't get GA tickets and GA is standing.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Bono
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »

Are the gigs out east Gen Admish too? ?

Been to a few gen admish shows here in Edmonton and they have sucked. ?Why would you want to do that?

Are you in section 110 or 210? if so than yeah those are good seast even though they are at the back of the venue.  For NIN I was in section 210 row 1 dead center.  they were perfect seats.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 02:31:15 PM »

See I would refuse to go to a stadium or arena concert if all I could get was GA.

I cant put up the a pushy crowd for that long, fighting to get a view.

GA is great is smaller places like a bar or something.

axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »

Are the gigs out east Gen Admish too? 

Been to a few gen admish shows here in Edmonton and they have sucked.  Why would you want to do that?

Are you in section 110 or 210? if so than yeah those are good seast even though they are at the back of the venue. For NIN I was in section 210 row 1 dead center. they were perfect seats.

For the Calgary show I am section 113 row 4  <----   direct center
For Edmonton I am section 102 row 10  <----   almost centre of arena
For Winipeg I am section 127 row 10 <---   just off centre but pretty close

newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »

it seems gnr is more popular anywhere BUT the U.S.   Huh
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »

it seems gnr is more popular anywhere BUT the U.S. Huh

I dont know what it is like it the states, or even in other Canadian cities.   Here in Edmonton however GNR gets mega radio play still.  One of the only bands that you can hear on almost all the fm channels.

Edmonton and basically all Alberta really supports live music.  Any band that comes here tends to sell pretty good.

And now with the Canadian dollar almost matching the American dollar.  I hope more bands make the trip up

Plus our beer the the best!!!

charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »

After seeing four shows in Europe (Dublin, Hammersmith, Zurich and Paris), I decided to get a seat for Edmonton (Rednecks are pushy). For Calgary, I opted with the floor seats. I was front row in Zurich, but Paris on the floor was absolutely insane... I barely saw Izzy, because I was fighting for air the whole show.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 02:50:33 PM »

After seeing four shows in Europe (Dublin, Hammersmith, Zurich and Paris), I decided to get a seat for Edmonton (Rednecks are pushy). For Calgary, I opted with the floor seats. I was front row in Zurich, but Paris on the floor was absolutely insane... I barely saw Izzy, because I was fighting for air the whole show.

Edmonton is full of red necks.   Mostly blue collar guys with too much money.   I am sure there are people going to this show, not as fans, but just for something to do.

The line up this morning at ticketmaster was something.  I think I was the only one there with a wife!  haha, GNR brings out all kinds

CalgaryMuscle
Bonzai Motherfuckers
Opening Act

Wake Up Late!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

This has been the worst morning of my life lol! Get this! I've got great tix to all the shows I'm going to Edmonton, Everett, and Portland. The only tix I missing are CALGARY!!! I've been getting tix on ticketmaster for years and I've never had a problem untill this morning. I have no clue what the fuck was going as I needed 4 floor tix and couldn't get them. I'm still trying although I don't think it will happen on Ticketmaster for me. This is great news though for GNR as the Canadian shows seems to be on fire! Or this could be the biggest smoke show a promoter has ever pulled of if the place is only half full lol. Let me know if you guys have any extra GA tix for sale?

GNR2theBone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GNR2theBONE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: