Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy in November?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy in November?  (Read 12512 times)
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »

I just got a box from ups that said "fragile", it must be C.D.

Haha...come on...I not THAT naive...haha...what struck me the most from our 60 second chat, aside from the date, was that he told me he hasn't received a promo box that big since the Star Wars trilogy came out on DVD a few years ago.

why not Jay-Z -- that's got huge promotion behind it? (and we know it was originally a Nov. 21 release)
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »

Haha...come on...I not THAT naive...haha...what struck me the most from our 60 second chat, aside from the date, was that he told me he hasn't received a promo box that big since the Star Wars trilogy came out on DVD a few years ago.

why not Jay-Z -- that's got huge promotion behind it? (and we know it was originally a Nov. 21 release)
I doubt it, I think they could start the jay z promoting now if they want, there is no cloud of secrecy behind it, so if they had the jay z stuff, im sure theyd be able to display  it.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »

lol, I know, but you know how we are here, everyone is a skeptic these days, at least you gave a source and stuff, I just have to jump at the chance to make a funny sarcastic remark.

Haha...of course I understand. I'm as skeptic as you guys are but the Star Wars and date comment (and of course name of the sender of the box) brought a smile to my face. We'll find out in a few weeks!
Toph1962
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »

lol, I know, but you know how we are here, everyone is a skeptic these days, at least you gave a source and stuff, I just have to jump at the chance to make a funny sarcastic remark.

Haha...of course I understand. I'm as skeptic as you guys are but the Star Wars and date comment (and of course name of the sender of the box) brought a smile to my face. We'll find out in a few weeks!

Well what was the name of the sender on the box?
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2006, 03:27:58 PM »

The Star Wars stuff makes it less likely it's CD. CD will almost certainly one CD (excuse the pun). No reason to believe its any different.

GabrielsChains
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »

The Star Wars stuff makes it less likely it's CD. CD will almost certainly one CD (excuse the pun). No reason to believe its any different.

it's a promo box -- which means it's filled with posters, window clings, standees, etc.  It's not the CD's themselves.  The number of discs Chinese Democracy may or may not be is hugely irrelevant to the amount of promotional materials the label may send out.

It's a big box, which means there's lots of material -- which means a big promotional push.  Which likely means little pre-existing awareness is out there for this release.  A shock and awe marketing campaign, if you will.  Hence the "CD" conclusion.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2006, 04:17:31 PM »

it's a promo box -- which means it's filled with posters, window clings, standees, etc.? It's not the CD's themselves.? The number of discs Chinese Democracy may or may not be is hugely irrelevant to the amount of promotional materials the label may send out.

It's a big box, which means there's lots of material -- which means a big promotional push.? Which likely means little pre-existing awareness is out there for this release.? A shock and awe marketing campaign, if you will.? Hence the "CD" conclusion.

did he not open it??? and at least see whats in there
Refused
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »

If promotional material had been sent out to any record stores, surely someone would've leaked some pics/info about it by now.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

the question is....

in this  time frame we have left.what is that ?

the one an only horsey !
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »

If promotional material had been sent out to any record stores, surely someone would've leaked some pics/info about it by now.

precisely
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2006, 05:12:24 PM »

Frank's music in Moncton apparently received some promos posters and stuff but they were strictly told by the record company to keep it in the back. ?They were supposed to put it out this week but it has been delayed. ?I haven't seen the posters yet. ?They won't show it to me. ?rant
nesquik
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2006, 05:15:33 PM »

Frank's music in Moncton apparently received some promos posters and stuff but they were strictly told by the record company to keep it in the back. ?They were supposed to put it out this week but it has been delayed. ?I haven't seen the posters yet. ?They won't show it to me. ?rant

steal them all, lol.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2006, 07:25:42 PM »

I hate to say it, it's probably one of these movies...Superman Returns or Pirates 2.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »

Apparently.   Keep that in mind. Smiley

And no offence to you specifically, GNFNRAXL   Just that we're going off an isolated word of a stranger.   It would be bizarre that this particular store (Moncton no less!) got promo material but no one else did, or if they did they're all keeping quiet.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
ax-man
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »

28 november says a guy from hmv in chicago ,this is real folks
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2006, 06:45:02 PM »

Well, our next big milestone is Nov 19.  That's the date that Better is supposed to be played on the radios as a single.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »

Well, our next big milestone is Nov 19.? That's the date that Better is supposed to be played on the radios as a single.

and where did that come from? Undecided

surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »

i think this is still hearsay, right?  we're making this guess based on the HD press release stating that the Paradise City add would cease running on the 19th.  The inference is that it will be replaced with a better one.  ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2006, 06:58:11 PM »

i think this is still hearsay, right?? we're making this guess based on the HD press release stating that the Paradise City add would cease running on the 19th.? The inference is that it will be replaced with a better one.? ok

but that is tv commercial though right? xj220 said radio single Undecided

surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »

yeah, but i think the inference is that HD will be allowed to play the ad because it will be officially released.  I might be wrong here, but that's what i thought "the latest" info was...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: