Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:53:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  North American tour PRE-SALE for FAN FORUMS [OFFER CLOSED]
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North American tour PRE-SALE for FAN FORUMS [OFFER CLOSED]  (Read 81990 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #460 on: September 28, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

Did we ever find out why the presale wasn't today like it was supposed to be?

How do you know it's not today?

Because I haven't been told otherwise.

/jarmo

to be fair in Europe Thursday is fast approaching an end? nervous
HollyW00d
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #461 on: September 28, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »

Not to sound pissed but Iam sure i was to get presale passwords and still i have nothing. Please jarmo i know this is frustrating for you but it is ten times frustrating for me and iam sure others out there that have been huge fans for a very long time that have never seen them before (VANCOUVER) i dont want to have to drive 8hrs just to end up getting shitty seats. So can someone tell me why i never got my presale password to edmonton. this is so shity, and please dont give me the boot Jarmo Ive been a member for a long time now and iam just really frustrated right now thanks for reading my post i know there are alot of people out there that are feeling the same way as iam

Whine much?  Read the friggin thread over and over again until it sinks in.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #462 on: September 28, 2006, 04:28:30 PM »

to be fair in Europe Thursday is fast approaching an end  nervous

The shows are in North America. That's -8 to -5 hrs from your local time..... ?Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #463 on: September 28, 2006, 04:33:53 PM »

to be fair in Europe Thursday is fast approaching an end? nervous

The shows are in North America. That's -8 to -5 hrs from your local time..... ?Tongue

/jarmo

Yeah i know that but according to you i am EMO and if thats the case the world revolves around me Cool
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #464 on: September 28, 2006, 04:52:53 PM »

DAMN!! Ya know what I JUST realized?? I didn't put the email that I used to register with. I put a different one. I am an Idiot, guys, don't buy all the tickets, leave some for me, lol.

Axl is God.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2006, 04:57:16 PM »

DAMN!! Ya know what I JUST realized?? I didn't put the email that I used to register with. I put a different one. I am an Idiot, guys, don't buy all the tickets, leave some for me, lol.

ummm... I dont even know what email I used to register with.  You are fine, don't worry. 
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2006, 04:57:57 PM »

I don't think it matters....they will send the info to the password you provided on the registration for the presale. ?I have no idea what email I used when I registered here ?hihi ?

I used a relatively new email for the presale for the Hammerstein shows, and I got the info no problem ?ok

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:36 PM »

leave some for me, lol.

Or better yet, buy some for me.    Tongue
Joking aside, good luck people!

i am EMO and if thats the case the world revolves around me Cool

Sorry  but I can't pass over this inaccuracy. I'm no Emo and the world revolves around me. Angry
anythinggoes
« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

leave some for me, lol.

Or better yet, buy some for me.? ? Tongue
Joking aside, good luck people!

i am EMO and if thats the case the world revolves around me Cool

Sorry? but I can't pass over this inaccuracy. I'm no Emo and the world revolves around me. Angry

Yeah cheers missing out the first part of the sentance in that quote certainly makes for a wrong view of me  Tongue Angry
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #469 on: September 28, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »

I don't think it matters....they will send the info to the password you provided on the registration for the presale. ?I have no idea what email I used when I registered here ?hihi ?

I used a relatively new email for the presale for the Hammerstein shows, and I got the info no problem ?ok

OK, good, I feel better now, lol, For some reason I thought I was supposed to use the same email I registered with.

Axl is God.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #470 on: September 28, 2006, 07:20:52 PM »

little under 5 hours to go in the east Undecided

i appreciate jarmo trying to facilitate all this and putting up with our whining, but quite frankly this is something that should have been done through the band's official website to avoid all this confusion.

the lack of coherence in how guns does their 'promotion' i guess shouldnt be a surprise by now, but if things are for real this year, you'd really expect a better effort no

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #471 on: September 28, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »

little under 5 hours to go in the east Undecided

i appreciate jarmo trying to facilitate all this and putting up with our whining, but quite frankly this is something that should have been done through the band's official website to avoid all this confusion.

the lack of coherence in how guns does their 'promotion' i guess shouldnt be a surprise by now, but if things are for real this year, you'd really expect a better effort no

The band's official website still sports the 2002 World Tour logo and has not even half of the dates listed there and is owned by the record label.  Would you really want them running a pre-sale event in the current state they are in?

I don't really agree you should be complaining about something that is being done solely for the fans here.

GNR is currently doing their promoting on the radio.  GNR Weekend on Q104.3, radio promos nonstop, newspaper ads, etc...

Be greatful, please....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #472 on: September 28, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »

The band's official website still sports the 2002 World Tour logo and has not even half of the dates listed there and is owned by the record label.  Would you really want them running a pre-sale event in the current state they are in?

thats my point though---they should have updated the official website as tourdates were announced through local stations and set-up the presale accordingly  (as was more or less done in 2002)

and i am not ungrateful at all....again, i appreciate the effort to reach out to the board community and especially jarmo's patience in putting it together...but that doesnt change my opinion there is probably a better way to do things then how they are going about it.

---Nick Nasty--

Bono
« Reply #473 on: September 28, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »

I dont know about you guys but I'm off to find the password for the Edmonton presale. I heard it was around here somewhere. rofl

Quote from: NickNasty06: Chinese Stew
thats my point though---they should have updated the official website as tourdates were announced through local stations and set-up the presale accordingly  (as was more or less done in 2002)

It's a ahard thing to do and amek it fair. I agree the "official" Gn'R website is a fucking joke but even U2's official site fucked up the presale on their last tour royally. Honestly as cool as the presale's are I thin mayeb the fairest way is to to only allow people to buy tickets to shows at actual Ticketmaster outlets and have it on a first come first serve basis.  I didn't say it was totally fair becasue no doubt some people live very far from TM outlets but it might be "the most fair" way of doing it.
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #474 on: September 28, 2006, 07:43:19 PM »

Well, it's 12:45am here and I'm still awake and waiting for it.... eyes are hurting!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »

I dont know about you guys but I'm off to find the password for the Edmonton presale. I heard it was around here somewhere. rofl

Quote from: NickNasty06: Chinese Stew
thats my point though---they should have updated the official website as tourdates were announced through local stations and set-up the presale accordingly? (as was more or less done in 2002)

It's a ahard thing to do and amek it fair. I agree the "official" Gn'R website is a fucking joke but even U2's official site fucked up the presale on their last tour royally. Honestly as cool as the presale's are I thin mayeb the fairest way is to to only allow people to buy tickets to shows at actual Ticketmaster outlets and have it on a first come first serve basis.? I didn't say it was totally fair becasue no doubt some people live very far from TM outlets but it might be "the most fair" way of doing it.

Ticketmaster outlets are the worst scalpers there are. ?You fare better online and I know this because I used to work for one. ?The management of said place (I won't name names) would print out hundreds of tickets to sell to brokers before they even let the 1st customer in the door for shows they knew would sell out. ?Ticketmaster themselves cannot control this, I know but it happens in their outlets. ?When you buy tickets online even if you refresh the page too often it bumps you off and then you have a waiting period before you can log back on in case you are using a bot program to get tickets. ?

This is why I think fanclubs and pre-sales are a great idea even though they do not always work out as planned. ?I for one, am very greatful to have participated in some and have gotten tickets I wouldn't have normally been able to get.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2006, 07:47:12 PM »

Honestly as cool as the presale's are I thin mayeb the fairest way is to to only allow people to buy tickets to shows at actual Ticketmaster outlets and have it on a first come first serve basis.

you're probably right but then all the websites that offer them dont get to spam you with a bunch of other email you might not otherwise want.

i guess what tempers this for me a little more still is that they decided to make a bulk of the seats GA, which really means whether you get them today or saturday, you have an equal chance at being up front depending on what time you arrive. i also think that with the exception of probably msg, none of these shows is going to sell-out within a small time period.

---Nick Nasty--

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #477 on: September 28, 2006, 07:56:43 PM »

Is there anyway for a confirmed fan like myself to be added to the list?  I've been out of town and misses the signup.  I really want to goto the show in Hunnington, WV.  If there's any excpetion to the rule, please let me know.
Bono
« Reply #478 on: September 28, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »

Hmmmm.... Maybe the ebst way is to than sell tickets through sites like this(I know Jarmo ?will cringe at that rofl) and at the official site for a few days untill the sales slow and then allow ticketmaster to sell the remaining tickets. There's gotta eb a way of getting the best seast into the real fasn hands. Nothing I hate more than going to a show and having a ?great seat and hearing the person next to me ask her's or his significant other "what song is this?" ?and "which one is The Edge?" or "Axl's sang Livin' On a Prayer right?" rofl Angry It makes you want to punch them becasue you know there is someone out there who would appreciate that seat a million times more.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #479 on: September 28, 2006, 08:02:23 PM »

Is there anyway for a confirmed fan like myself to be added to the list?? I've been out of town and misses the signup.? I really want to goto the show in Hunnington, WV.? If there's any excpetion to the rule, please let me know.

I guess the other 1000 people didn't set a precedent.. maybe Jarmo will make an exception just for you  ok

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: