Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why doesnt GNR tour with another HUGE Band----
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why doesnt GNR tour with another HUGE Band----  (Read 16188 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2006, 05:40:43 AM »

U2 - Rolling Stones - Chilli peppers - Oasis etc.... are all too big to Tour with GN'R.
Unfortunately, as soon as ChiDem isn't out, thenewGNR are nowhere near to be as big as any band above. Oasis or the Chilli peppers would outsell the new GN'R. I don't even speak of U2 or the stones, it would be ridiculous, they are far too big.

However, I think less popular and less bigger bands like Muse,The Strokes, The Killers, Jet, Casabian etc... would be OK.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:50:24 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2006, 05:45:01 AM »

I think that they can do it very well on their own... but I would really love to see them with Stones  ( rant I had tickets for Germany  rant) or with Aerosmith...

Another band that I would really love to see them touring together is Alice in Chains  smoking

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2006, 05:51:46 AM »

U2 and gnr are two very different bands
Axl is the man and real music genious,bono is stupid mand who thinking that he knows everything

Gnr can not play with stones,rhcp because there will be more rhcp and stones fans than gnr fans

I have never seen so many tree
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2006, 06:17:29 AM »

There are 2 main reasons GNR should not tour with another huge band,

1) It would cut their setlest, and that's bad, considering in the 2+ hours GNR play now, we only get some songs and a lot of solos. For instance, when I saw Motley Crue last year, they play 2 and a half hours. When I saw them this year with Aerosmith, they play one and a half hours, because when you are on a double bill, each band has the same amount of time, and they can't play as much as if they headlined and had a smaller opener.

2) Having a big name tour with GNR may push them into a corner. Take Poison and Cinderella...I went to this show this year too, and while I loved it, it SCREAMED 80's metal. If GNR toured with a band, who would it be? What if it was an 80's band, it would push them into a corner of living in their past. best to have a smaller opener and make GNR look big. Know what I mean?

that's my 2 cents

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2006, 06:51:28 AM »

GN'R never were "80's metal", they are neither completely "80's"? and nor "metal". so this is a wrong problem. Plus, they were far bigger and more popular in the 90's. GN'R were only famous in America in the 80's, AFD didn't sell that much outside America, it sold much much less than Use Your Illusion I and II outside America, and everywhere in the world they are remembered as an early 90's Rock band for most part.

I think it's good to tour with some young modern bands. This is not about a ridiculous "has-been" spandex revival act, this is about living with your time. We are in 2006. The band took the right decision to go on tour with some fresh young bands (Hoosbaskank, Papa Roach).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:07:10 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
sea of black
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2006, 07:08:18 AM »

Cut this U2 rubbish out.
U2 are shit. Bono's a cock. There fans are idiots.
Bono
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »

Cut this U2 rubbish out.

Well spoken. It's refreshing to see members who actually put some intelligent thought into thier posts.  Roll Eyes
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »

Cut this U2 rubbish out.

Well spoken. It's refreshing to see members who actually put some intelligent thought into thier posts.? Roll Eyes

rofl Indeed, some here will not be joining Mensa any time soon-

Hoobastank weren't actually that bad, what I caught of them at the Vegas show.  Not my cup of tea but I can see why GNR are picking some of these bands to open for them.  I am no longer part of the MTV generation but I guess it doesn't hurt to expand their fan base a bit.  You have to include that demographic (the 15-22) year old one.  They are the ones who buy tickets, CDs, merchandise, etc....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2006, 09:48:58 AM »

..because they don't have to. That's why.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:09 AM »

how about GNR and The Stones again.....they only did those 4 shows in 1989 and would be great for these 2 heavyweights to tour again...How about GNR and U2....I remember AXL saying in a 1987 interview he wanted to play with U2.............how about GNR and the Chili Peppers....Kiedis has always been? a GNR fan.....and these 2 bands have been around since the mid 80's and are still goin strong...they did play once supposedly GNR opened for them at UCLA on Halloween 1985 or 1986.................much better than sebastian i wish it was 1987 bach or papa i wish it was 1999 nu metal roach

screw that! cuase then you get half set for each band!!!  Just saw Aerosmith/Motley Crue and Aerosmith playe 1h15mn and the Crus 1h20mn. I'd rather see them each separately for 2+hrs

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »

I think for now GNR shouldnt co headline with anyone, Bach and Papa Roach are just fine.

Oh and Pink Floyd blows the crap out of U2 live, ive seen U2 but never saw Pink Floyd (im going to R.Waters show next year)  peace
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2006, 10:46:09 AM »

I bet alot of bands would be hesitant to tour with them since Axl has not always been the most reliable person. 
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2006, 10:49:13 AM »

GN'R and RHCP at the same concert  drool drool drool drool drool

I'm dreaming.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2006, 10:53:02 AM »

Cut this U2 rubbish out.

Your out of your mind....U2 is the biggest rock band on the planet right now....and I think Bono is hilarious...especially when he talks about the French. Bono has been, and always will be a tremendous talent.....and that goes for the entire band as well.....GNR has a shot to climb back up to the top with them....well see what happens.... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2006, 11:11:51 AM »

well rstones and u2 are bigger than gnr,but on their shows only need elephant "jim" and monkey "toni",theirs shows are circus
I saw both bands,and theirs big shows you can not compare with gnr show (in budapest for example)
gnr are real rock band

I have never seen so many tree
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2006, 11:29:59 AM »

I prefer GNR tours with a yet-to-be-big band
GNR+ another huge act = tix cost double. if you like the other band, it'd be great  but of not...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2006, 11:32:49 AM »

^I'd go see anybody...as long as i had something to look forward to later hihi

besides you can never be exposed to too many bands beer the double price kinda sucks though Undecided

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2006, 11:44:06 AM »

look at the past time with metallica, that answers alot.i dont think GNR need it, i mean if another big band were to tour with them, then consiquently the stage time for each act would shorten.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2006, 12:09:30 PM »

^I'd go see anybody...as long as i had something to look forward to later hihi

besides you can never be exposed to too many bands beer the double price kinda sucks though Undecided

In fact, I can never be exposed to too many good band.
I'm fussy like hell, you know. but few bands win my favour.  Cool
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2006, 12:15:43 PM »

U2 and gnr are two very different bands
Axl is the man and real music genious,bono is stupid mand who thinking that he knows everything

Gnr can not play with stones,rhcp because there will be more rhcp and stones fans than gnr fans

He is a stupid mand, your wright.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: