Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Biggest GN'R Bummer?  (Read 20220 times)
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »

Three days before my last final exam in 2002 I flew from Edmonton to NYC to see the MSG gig, then drove to the infamous Philly noshow the next day, and finally went home to flunk my math class a day later. It was worth it  peace.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 06:52:12 AM »

The fact that there's no e-mail in my box for MSG!
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 06:53:29 AM »

Philly in 2002
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »

Oh, and Philly in 02
Brundle25
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »

Hammersmith in June, where i clocked Dizzy reed too late and he managed to get to the tour bus before I could get a pen and ticket stub to him.
Oh and being slighlty dissapointed that Ron didnt know that Double Talking Jive was a GNR song, when i asked if they would play it. He said "Double jibbin what?? Is that a GNR Song?"
Jules
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2006, 08:29:49 AM »

My biggest GNR bummer hasn't happened yet!! I'm from England and am travelling to Florida for a family holiday on 27th October, yeh the same date as the Estero concert. ?I land stateside at 14.00 hrs and can't really see my driving the 4 hours from Orlando to Estero straight after a nine hour flight with two kids in tow. ?Although missing the concert is the sensible thing to do, having already seen GNR 3 times in the uk i still can't help considering making the concert anyway!! ?I keep hoping that they reshedule the Tampa show but i know thats not going to happen. oh well........
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2006, 08:38:14 AM »

damn russ, that was intense reading I remeber talkin tou you and your wife and guitarist at mustang harrys giving you driections to central park and stuff, realy glad it worked out, and truth is NYC cops realy arent assholes, they just do thier job, but have bigger things to keep wary of , and they do a great job.

As for me, the only bummer I can recall about any GNR show was, fighting with my BF at msg who wanted to go to the show, and I wanted to walk around through the arena, to meet up with friends I knew were there, and he was drunk as fuck, and we argued, and he was being a fuckng bitch, and left, I went to look for him , then surpirsingly, at 9:45 the openig to Jungle started and I was like fuck him!.lol And I went back and had a great time, hung out with awesome people , and after met up with firneds I was looking for earlier. At the end of that show , I didnt give a shit anymore, needless to say we arent together anymore. BUt at the time for a brief moment, the incident was a bummer to me.

Hey, thanks again for those directions. I really wanted to see the building Lennon lived in and I got to because you helped us out! It was really cool meeting you there too.

Anyways, I've had stories like yours happen to me to. Just fighting with a gf or my wife or something. I actually missed quite a few songs over the years cuz of that shit!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »

Hammersmith in June, where i clocked Dizzy reed too late and he managed to get to the tour bus before I could get a pen and ticket stub to him.
Oh and being slighlty dissapointed that Ron didnt know that Double Talking Jive was a GNR song, when i asked if they would play it. He said "Double jibbin what?? Is that a GNR Song?"

Haha....that would be a bummer! I always wondered about that, like if new members are required to go back and check out the whole catalogue. I guess not!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2006, 08:41:45 AM »

that i didn't have any tickets or someone to attend the show with in stockholm, so i missed it
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 08:44:04 AM »

Yeah, Philly 02 sucked pretty hard....  But that's done with.  2006 is GNRs year of fame....... and hopefully the year of timely email service  hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 09:21:34 AM »

that i didn't have any tickets or someone to attend the show with in stockholm, so i missed it

Damn. That would be a bummer. Hopefully this tour goes on for a while similar to the UYI tour. Maybe you'll get to see them sooner then later.

J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 03:39:41 PM »

1st night after the show at the Warfield, I waited and hour and a half for Axl, I was so freakin tired, and I frigured that he was just going to walk straight to car like the others. I found out the following morning he came out 20 minutes after I left and took the time to meet everyone. I felt sick that whole day, but the 2nd night made up for it. I still could've had the chance to meet him twice though Undecided
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 03:41:51 PM »

Obviously the Philly show in '02, and also talking to Axl after the last Hammerstein show & getting the major cold shoulder.  Hopefully I will get another chance in November!
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »

Drove 20 hrs from Halifax to Toronto in 91 pumped to see GnR and Metallica.Partied for a night, partied when i got up the day of the concert walked out of my hotel looked at a paper that sid on the front page ....Concert Cancelled!  Due to the  riot in Montreal the night befor! Had to get in the car and drive 20 hrs straight home no stops. I was not happy.

It was however rescheduled for a month later ...this time we flew up and finally saw GnR for the first time!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »

Getting the opportunity to meet Axl in 1993 at Milton Keynes Bowl. After the gig got a polaroid photo with him. Thought I had won the lottery and my life was complete! Leaving the gig had two tons of shit kicked out of me and had the photo of me and Axl torn up in front of me with the wanker laughing! Now I am 30 still have the scars from my hiding, but still the biggest GnR fan and it breaks my heart when I see these people who have been GnR fans for two minutes and they are getting photos with Axl or getting VIP passes at concerts! Thats my GnR bummer!! Mike

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 04:58:10 PM »

Getting the opportunity to meet Axl in 1993 at Milton Keynes Bowl. After the gig got a polaroid photo with him. Thought I had won the lottery and my life was complete! Leaving the gig had two tons of shit kicked out of me and had the photo of me and Axl torn up in front of me with the wanker laughing! Now I am 30 still have the scars from my hiding, but still the biggest GnR fan and it breaks my heart when I see these people who have been GnR fans for two minutes and they are getting photos with Axl or getting VIP passes at concerts! Thats my GnR bummer!! Mike

DAMNIT! Thats one I've read so far that's gotta be just about as bad as mine!!

J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 05:03:49 PM »

Dude...I feel your pain; you've probably been there since the beginning. Although I've met Axl already, Personally, I feel that I havn't earned my stripes to have met him.
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 06:17:48 PM »

Following their May show in NYC, my sister and I found out where Axl and the band would be partying.  We left for the SoHo House, and were invited up to the party by Axl Rose himself.

The downer was that he came across as totally Hollywood.  Not down to earth or friendly at all.  He walked around half hunch back like, starred at people, and danced with himself.  He also refused to be photographed.

Although it was a cool experience (1st GnR VIP party we attended) it was a sad party and a true disappointment.

I will most likely be attending his Toronto Air Canada show concert, but I can't really say I care either way.  In fact, I don't want to go, but my friend will be buying my ticket.

CocaineTongue22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:40 PM »

My then girlfriend bought me tix on my birthday for the West palm Beach show in 02. They cancelled a few shows before. Good karma, I got tix for Sunrise on my b-day 4 years later. I remember 02, so i won't be at ease till the first notes of Jungle cut through the arena air. Maybe some drinks will take the edge off!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 11:26:52 PM »

Following their May show in NYC, my sister and I found out where Axl and the band would be partying.  We left for the SoHo House, and were invited up to the party by Axl Rose himself.

The downer was that he came across as totally Hollywood.  Not down to earth or friendly at all.  He walked around half hunch back like, starred at people, and danced with himself.  He also refused to be photographed.

Although it was a cool experience (1st GnR VIP party we attended) it was a sad party and a true disappointment.

I will most likely be attending his Toronto Air Canada show concert, but I can't really say I care either way.  In fact, I don't want to go, but my friend will be buying my ticket.

I guess a person should never meet someone they admire.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: