Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Seats or Pit?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seats or Pit?  (Read 3927 times)
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 02:51:18 AM »

I watched the floor crowd in NYC and some of those dudes got really rough, but I'm a big boy. The only thing I'm worried about is my sister is going. I'll have to watch out for her (she's the one that wanted floor tickets)...
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm a fairly small female(5'3" 100lbs), and I'm always in the pit in shows, I've been up front every show(gnr or not) that i've ever been to. Normally I end up a little bruised up, but I always make it out ok. You just gotta know when to brace yourself for the crowd pushing, and not get dehydrated.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:07 AM »

i think the pit is definitely the place to be i was in SF in the pit and except for the drunk assholes peopel were all having a good time dancing and singing...and it wont get too out of hand cuz Axl will take care of it
Bono
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:12 AM »

But Gn'R pits are civil, it's not about hurting others, it's all about having a good time!

So not true at Hammerstein, may 15th show. I was watching from the Mez and it was actually pisisng me off how violent they were getting. ?The people beside us in the Mezzanine agreed. it was sick and not in a good way. I'd like to think that was an isolated case but I don't really believe that. Undecided

Quote from: Russian Roulette
Seats are good if you're old and can't stand very long.
Hey now I can stand as long as anyone and I'm only 28 rofl ?My problem is I honestly don't see alot of respect being shown by "fans" towards fans at a Guns N' Roses concert. I know that sounds like I'm taking a shot at Gn'R fans and yeah to a point I am. ?I'd like to think this doesn't apply ?to anyone here and I doubt that it does because we're all true fans but the reality is Guns N' Roses will and do attracted a lot of fucking jerkoffs. Sad ?The music is agressive in a ?away that most hard rock isn't and it fuels people. It becomes obvious who the losers are at this point. This isn't unique to Gn'R though obvioulsy. ?peace
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 03:28:59 AM »

I watched the floor crowd in NYC and some of those dudes got really rough, but I'm a big boy. The only thing I'm worried about is my sister is going. I'll have to watch out for her (she's the one that wanted floor tickets)...
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm a fairly small female(5'3" 100lbs), and I'm always in the pit in shows, I've been up front every show(gnr or not) that i've ever been to. Normally I end up a little bruised up, but I always make it out ok. You just gotta know when to brace yourself for the crowd pushing, and not get dehydrated.

agreed, sure there's always some fuckheads that care more for a good mosh pit then a good concert, imo this dosen'?t belong on a gnr concert, sure it should be ruff but not to that extent.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 04:51:40 AM »

I actually didn't find any of the pits I was in too full on- though I was always a little to the right- and I can get pretty claustrophobic. But also protective, so I was prepared to elbow anyone trying to push in front of me- a hazard in pits. Pits are good if you are at the front or tall, there is this crazy vibe, and its fun being so close to the band. But it also involves standing up for hours doing nothing, not being able to drink or pee for hours for fear of losing your place and getting smooshed by other people. Also, it's nice to stand back sometimes and actually listen to the band. I don't know if it was the mixing, but sometimes I found it hard to hear Axl with all the fans singing etc. So, if you are a first timer - hard core fan- go the pit, but if you go to more than one concert mix it up a bit.
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 07:18:46 AM »

Was in the balcony front row at Hammerstein, that was fine for me.  Would prefer a seated floor...getting too old to do GA   confused
Noticeboy
Headliner

Rock On!

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

What's with the more and more concerts going back to the days of general admission seating?
Is it to be able to sell more tickets than what would be allowed if assigned seating on the floor was in place.
How quickly they forget about people being hurt (and killed) and concerts from the past.. and no, Not GnR before someone corrects me..lol
I personally will be going for a lowerbowl seat. I would have been on the floor if there was assigned seating but alas... there ain't.
I've been on the floor for many a concert general admission and assigned seating. But for this one as I said.. lower bowl baby!
See you on Nov 20th!

It's Rock n Roll, Not Brain Surgery!
robinfinckfan
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 07:31:25 AM »

Was in the balcony front row at Hammerstein, that was fine for me.? Would prefer a seated floor...getting too old to do GA? ?confused

same here. I'm 25 and taking my sister and g/f to nashville and we got floor. the floor at hammerstein was horrible and i just don't get it. that show was a 2000.00 trip for me and the experience was crap. I expected the crowd surge and i got it but you get get kicked in the head from crowd surfers, people squeeze infront or beside you when theres absolutley no room, peoples breath and b.o. is just something i don't want to deal with at a GnR ?concert, I want to enjoy the show from the front row and not constantly smell somebody's un-deodrant armpit and pushing people off the top of my head.

I am defiantley not 18 anymore, I can tell but I will go thru it ?atleast one more time. And it's my sisters 20th birthday gift from me. How cool of a brother am I. Cool
Noticeboy
Headliner

Rock On!

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 07:34:10 AM »

I am defiantley not 18 anymore, I can tell but I will go thru it ?atleast one more time. And it's my sisters 20th birthday gift from me. How cool of a brother am I. Cool

Just make sure you use some "Pit Stick" or better yest "Axe".. you may be overtaken by young adoring ladies.. hahaha

It's Rock n Roll, Not Brain Surgery!
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 09:11:52 AM »

First GnR gig? or first gig? Either way, pit. I'm 22 as well. I was always in the pit since i was 14, and in the past I've not gone to gigs because only seated tickets were left. (like a fuckin idiot!) But now I think they are getting a little more violent, and I can't keep up near the front (not because of age, just I've turned into an unhealthy fuck) and at 5'4" it's either right at the front or waaaay back if I want to see anything.
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 09:31:29 AM »

Well, since you post in HTGTH I suppose you're a die-hard, so PIT ALL THE WAY! ok

I wouldn't go to a GnR concert if I wasn't to be in the pit.? no

you know how to pretend that you don't feel well ... turn off the computer and study Lara  no

kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 09:45:19 AM »

My first (and only) GNR show was at the Hammerstein. I was front row in Mezz 2. It was great to actually enjoy the show, see the entire band, hear everything very clear, etc. But when I go to Nashville, I got floor tickets. I watched the floor crowd in NYC and some of those dudes got really rough, but I'm a big boy. The only thing I'm worried about is my sister is going. I'll have to watch out for her (she's the one that wanted floor tickets)...

It should be fine - keep an eye on her and be sure to be off to one side or the other. The middle is where things get rough.
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 09:47:40 AM »

Hands down, pit.? Get there early - wait 10-12 hours and be right in Axl's face all night long.? I did it all 4 nights in NYC in may and it was worth all 40 - 50 hours of waiting in that line just to be dead center.? peace

or dont wait in any lines, stroll into the buidling as the opening act is finishing, head to the front of floor as people are getting drinks and going to the bathroom. I did it 3 times at NYC.  ok
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 09:52:41 AM »

Are there definately going to pits at all these shows?  It was cool being in the pit for May 12th at Hammerstein, but it was packed like sardines and there was a big drunk dude elbowing people.  It was much more layed back in the balcony.  I wonder if shows like NY and NJ will have seats or a pit on the floor?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 10:02:20 AM »

Well, since you post in HTGTH I suppose you're a die-hard, so PIT ALL THE WAY! ok

I wouldn't go to a GnR concert if I wasn't to be in the pit.  no

you know how to pretend that you don't feel well ... turn off the computer and study Lara  no

...but I wasn't feeling well  Undecided   Tongue
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »

Are there definately going to pits at all these shows?? It was cool being in the pit for May 12th at Hammerstein, but it was packed like sardines and there was a big drunk dude elbowing people.? It was much more layed back in the balcony.? I wonder if shows like NY and NJ will have seats or a pit on the floor?

good point - most of these shows are seats on the floors. I chose the only venue in Florida where there were no seats. beer
tibs
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 11:13:47 AM »

Hey dangr are you going alone?  Cause that makes a big difference- i mean if your taking a lady friend or someone not used to hardrock your not gonna want people pushing and grabbing at her T&A if ya know what im saying- (and yes in the pit it happens)

If its just you alone and some buddies get as close as possible-- if you have some rock virgins or ladies attending maybe the pit isnt such a great idea.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 11:14:36 AM »

Was in the balcony front row at Hammerstein, that was fine for me.? Would prefer a seated floor...getting too old to do GA? ?confused

Haha - I'm with ya' on that one, coma. ?Same thing - at Hammerstein I went to three of the shows, and had different seats for each show - First floor balcony, second floor balcony, and floor. ?The balcony is by far the best. ?

However - I'm a little bit torn about what to do for the MSG concert. ?When I saw them there in 2002, I sat in the 400 level (the highest level). ?Although it was cool to be there, I had to watch the entire thing on the big screen, and the acoustics suck in that place. ?So I might try to get floor this time, and just hang out in the middle of it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 11:15:03 AM »

easy.. the pit
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: