Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Seats or Pit?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seats or Pit?  (Read 3959 times)
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« on: September 26, 2006, 11:34:30 PM »

Im goin to my first GNR concert im only 22. November 20th in Halifax!!!! all the people that have been their and done it whats the best way to go? seats or right in the pit??  I guess it depends on what kinda person u are. It would be nice to get some insight though
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:38:03 PM »

I have seen GNR twice and it was a blast to be right in the pit.? However, this time around I think I might want to relax and actually hear more of the vocals.? It is a little harder to hear down there.

But if it's your first show, I would definately get in the pit.  Theres something special about seeing your favorite band so close.  Just wait until the opening riff of Jungle comes on, and you will know what I'm talking about.   beer
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:39:40 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:38:16 PM »

Well, since you post in HTGTH I suppose you're a die-hard, so PIT ALL THE WAY! ok

I wouldn't go to a GnR concert if I wasn't to be in the pit.  no
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »

Hands down, pit.  Get there early - wait 10-12 hours and be right in Axl's face all night long.  I did it all 4 nights in NYC in may and it was worth all 40 - 50 hours of waiting in that line just to be dead center.  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:49:17 PM »

Pit of course. Grin

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:01:39 AM »

Hands down, pit.? Get there early - wait 10-12 hours and be right in Axl's face all night long.? I did it all 4 nights in NYC in may and it was worth all 40 - 50 hours of waiting in that line just to be dead center.? peace

ya i went to the 5/15 show (my first gnr show) and I was in the pit...about 4 "rows" back...It was sooo intense during the intro cause you don't know what to expect (at least i didnt). and then when Jungle hits, its crazy.  I was offered $175 by some guy in line behind me just to TRADE tickets w/him...he had balcony seats.  I'M SOO GLAD I didn't make the deal. 

So, def. go in the pit.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:06:27 AM »

Hands down, pit.? Get there early - wait 10-12 hours and be right in Axl's face all night long.? I did it all 4 nights in NYC in may and it was worth all 40 - 50 hours of waiting in that line just to be dead center.? peace

ya i went to the 5/15 show (my first gnr show) and I was in the pit...about 4 "rows" back...It was sooo intense during the intro cause you don't know what to expect (at least i didnt). and then when Jungle hits, its crazy.? I was offered $175 by some guy in line behind me just to TRADE tickets w/him...he had balcony seats.? I'M SOO GLAD I didn't make the deal.?

So, def. go in the pit.

I was at the same show, and I had front row seats on the balcony. It's was amazing. I'm not that young anymore, so bouncing around for 4 hours on a wet floor (Skyreach in E-town) is not my thing. I guess it's what your into. Either way a GnR' experience is like non other.
Bono
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 12:08:47 AM »

Seats for me. I have desire to be involved in a ?mosh pit and that's what the floor will be for Gn'R. Mosh pits are stupid nowadays cause for whatever reason people think it's cool to try and hurt others. ?But like others have mentioned seeing your favorite abnd from up close on the floor is somthing that can't be beat. ?Gn'R aren't my fav band though so it doesn't matter. I'll take my "seat" ticket and I'll rock out, I'll sing along, I'll enjoy it without the worry of some douchebag trying to prove a point elbowing me in the face or better yet I won't have to worry about my reactions when he does it. Also I won't have to keep my head up from incoming people who are crowd surfing. ?But it's entirely up to you. To each his/her own.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:15:42 AM »

Depends on the size of the place you are going to.

Last 4 gigs I saw were the Hammersteins and Vegas shows and it was awesome to be in the pit and be able to get so close.  You would really be pressing your luck for a good space in a bigger venue.

But, if it's your 1st show like you said, go for pit tix, plenty of time for sitting later!

SDMF
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 12:17:44 AM »

i travelled from edmonton to san fran for the last show
no way i wasnt gonna get front and center, axl wa literally 3 feet away the entire time
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30:09 AM »

Pit all the way. I refuse to go to a concert and be more than 10 feet away from the band.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 12:32:26 AM »

You gotta go for the pit, there's nothing else like it.  Basically, ever since the Warfield show, I've been looking at objects across the room and saying "Yeah, Axl was standing even closer to me than that lamp over there"
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 12:33:14 AM »

You gotta go for the pit, there's nothing else like it.  Basically, ever since the Warfield show, I've been looking at objects across the room and saying "Yeah, Axl was standing even closer to me than that lamp over there"

I know...!  hihi
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 12:46:10 AM »

I prefer sneaking backstage and enjoying the show until someone finds out I'm not really a caterer and kicks me out. The good hour, hour and a half leading up to this confrontation is fantastic, though.  ok Just make sure you pull up in a white van and wear a catering outfit. It also helps sometimes to be carrying a platter of food. Just don't bring any dairy products because they will spoil and start to smell if it's hot out, which instantly blows your cover. I recommend carrying Jell-O or a bowl of chicken with rice.

If this doesn't work, the pit is the best place to be. Seats are good if you're old and can't stand very long.
Elle
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »

Definitely the pit!!

'If we could take the time to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine'
Chief
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 01:07:49 AM »

another vote for the pit .. something about being so close is amazing!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 01:08:34 AM »

If this doesn't work, the pit is the best place to be. Seats are good if you're old and can't stand very long.

I thought you would go with Pitt.  hihi
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 01:17:29 AM »

My first (and only) GNR show was at the Hammerstein. I was front row in Mezz 2. It was great to actually enjoy the show, see the entire band, hear everything very clear, etc. But when I go to Nashville, I got floor tickets. I watched the floor crowd in NYC and some of those dudes got really rough, but I'm a big boy. The only thing I'm worried about is my sister is going. I'll have to watch out for her (she's the one that wanted floor tickets)...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
CalgaryMuscle
Bonzai Motherfuckers
Opening Act

Wake Up Late!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 01:38:27 AM »

Here is my take on the pit: I've been in the pit at both Vegas shows and Tacoma. Vegas was great in the pit, but Tacoma was hell. The one major problem I find with the pit is that if you got to piss or grab another beer you loose your spot and have to worry about trying to make your way back to the front, which can be extremely difficult to do in larger venues. I do agree with you guys, if it's your first time seeing GNR go for the pit like I did in Tacoma. If you can handle bustin some heads and get a few elbows in the nose you'll have a great time. What makes or breaks the pit is who is in the pit. If you got cool people who like to have fun a get a bit rough thats cool. It's the people who start pushing really bad from behind and throwing elbows, which ruins things. I'm debating as to what to do for the 4 shows I'm going to ( Calgary, Edmonton, Everett, Portland ). With all that being said I probably going to be diving into the greasy pit with the rest of you nasty motherfuckers!!

GNR2theBONE!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 01:38:55 AM »

At your age my man, pit is the way to go!  I had seats, but at the end, with the help of friends, we turned it into the pit.

But Gn'R pits are civil, it's not about hurting others, it's all about having a good time!

Pit all the way!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: