Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Presales - What's the word?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Presales - What's the word?  (Read 8213 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 25, 2006, 02:09:13 PM »

Hey all,

Wanted to start a new thread about presales.  I'm curious as to whether any events being announced will have presales to go along with them?  I've noticed Jarmo and Mysteron have mentioned that certain dates will not have presales.  Perhaps this thread could be used to detail which shows will and which shows will not have presales.  Seems to me that perhaps major markets should have priority over others as tickets will be harder to come by in places like New York, Boston, Philadelphia (well, maybe not), and Toronto - extra emphasis on Toronto.

Thanks a million and good luck to those buying tickets for GNR in the near future.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:11:41 PM »

Well the Everett WA pre-sale is being run through the radio station, unless there's also going to be a pre-sale for HTGTH also. So even if there's no pre-sale here there's still a chance to get into a pre-sale.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 02:15:39 PM »

YES - Mysteron,

will there be a seperate HTGTH presale?  I just think it's really shitty if you guys are going to open up the presales to these lame ass corporate radio monopolies so that HTGTH members have to fight with the casual fan for decent seats. 

I will be really pissed if i have to sit in nosebleeds while joe blow sits front row asking 'where's slash"

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

Well, it should never be expected that Jarmo, Mysteron and/or GNR management will set anything up for us HTGTH members.  Considering the amount of work that would be involved in setting up presales for the number of events that are on the horrizon, it would be unfair to expect that every show has its own presale. 

I was just hoping that hardcore fans like you and I who live in major market areas could get some relief from scalpers and brokers.   After talking up the New York and Paris shows from earlier this year, I have a lot of friends who want to go.  Getting two tickets to anything at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto is difficult, getting 8-12 tickets will be next to impossible if there's no presale.  I was thinking people who live in major urban areas would be thinking the same; hence the thread.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 02:28:01 PM »

Well, it should never be expected that Jarmo, Mysteron and/or GNR management will set anything up for us HTGTH members.  Considering the amount of work that would be involved in setting up presales for the number of events that are on the horrizon, it would be unfair to expect that every show has its own presale. 

I was just hoping that hardcore fans like you and I who live in major market areas could get some relief from scalpers and brokers.   After talking up the New York and Paris shows from earlier this year, I have a lot of friends who want to go.  Getting two tickets to anything at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto is difficult, getting 8-12 tickets will be next to impossible if there's no presale.  I was thinking people who live in major urban areas would be thinking the same; hence the thread.

Cheers,

Andrew

Getting two tickets to a concert at ACC is not hard, I saw GNR there in 2002, good floor seats if you buy the first day. If it was leaf tickets that would be next to impossible, but you can get decent seats if you hit the net at the onsale time or actually lineup in person.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »

Well, it should never be expected that Jarmo, Mysteron and/or GNR management will set anything up for us HTGTH members.? Considering the amount of work that would be involved in setting up presales for the number of events that are on the horrizon, it would be unfair to expect that every show has its own presale.?

I was just hoping that hardcore fans like you and I who live in major market areas could get some relief from scalpers and brokers.? ?After talking up the New York and Paris shows from earlier this year, I have a lot of friends who want to go.? Getting two tickets to anything at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto is difficult, getting 8-12 tickets will be next to impossible if there's no presale.? I was thinking people who live in major urban areas would be thinking the same; hence the thread.

Cheers,

Andrew

Getting two tickets to a concert at ACC is not hard, I saw GNR there in 2002, good floor seats if you buy the first day. If it was leaf tickets that would be next to impossible, but you can get decent seats if you hit the net at the onsale time or actually lineup in person.

You must have had better luck than I did in 2002.  I remember Toronto and London went on sale at the same time, and I decided to buy my London tickets first and then Toronto.  It worked out for the London show as I was able to grab two first row centre tickets.  But when I went to buy toronto tickets 3 minutes later all the floor tickets were gone.  Had to sit 20 rows up at the side of the stage.  I wasn't too upset as I scored first row tickets two nights later, but yeah, Toronto I didn't fair so well.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Chief
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 02:46:48 PM »

FYI - it is my understanding that the presales that are set up here are completely separate from any radio station or other presales.

YES - Mysteron,

will there be a seperate HTGTH presale?  I just think it's really shitty if you guys are going to open up the presales to these lame ass corporate radio monopolies so that HTGTH members have to fight with the casual fan for decent seats. 

I will be really pissed if i have to sit in nosebleeds while joe blow sits front row asking 'where's slash"

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »

Getting good tickets for these shows shouldn't be hard. GnR hasn't announced an album, or released a single yet, so there won't be that much buzz for these shows yet. Word of advice, if you don't like the tickets you get on ticketmaster, hit refresh and try again. The best seats don't necessarily go on sale in the first minute.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 04:35:44 PM »

All I need is 8 floor/general admission tickets for me and 7 friends...

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »

If presales are going to happen a thread will appear as such as they have done in the past.  I don't think asking for them here is going to help, IMO.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »

Info will be posted when we have it.

Hopefully tomorrow.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 05:24:47 PM »

Thanks Jarmo...hopefully Halifax gets a pre-sale. ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 05:35:49 PM »

If presales are going to happen a thread will appear as such as they have done in the past.? I don't think asking for them here is going to help, IMO.

I guess they can't make it too easy... but I wish they could!!!!!!!
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »

Hopefully tomorrow.

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »

Hopefully tomorrow.

/jarmo

Thanks Jarmo!!!!!!

yeah...I can't wait!!! beer

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 06:17:57 PM »

Hopefully tomorrow.

/jarmo

Big thanks to Jarmo for getting the info out.  Not too concerned about tickets as it's only four more days 'till tickets go on sale (ie., not much notice).  For fans like us, these presales are stress releivers from dealing with scalpers and brokers.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 06:42:44 PM »

jarmo & mysteron... as always, much thanks.

no matter what, this has been and continues to be THE place to learn about what's going on in the GnR camp, in no small part due to your continued efforts.
spacebrain5000
Rocker

feelin' like a space brain one more time tonight..

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

Okay seriously, this is all exciting, but what the fuck is a presale?Huh?
I mean this as opposed to camping out on friday?

robots.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »

Okay seriously, this is all exciting, but what the fuck is a presale?Huh?
I mean this as opposed to camping out on friday?

presale mean that we get access to tickets for certain shows before the general public...we jsut gotta wait and see what shows they offer presales too drool

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 07:12:05 PM »

Please offer pre sales to Halifax!! peace

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: