Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl Rose goes crazy (Indiana '91)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose goes crazy (Indiana '91)  (Read 10647 times)
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 06:22:11 PM »

LIke i have said many times before ,? Axl did not age well.? ?You look at Mick jagger when he was Axl's age(44)? and he makes? this current Axl look like grandpa.? ?When Axl performs? now? it looks as if he is in pain and can't move.? ?Walking off stage in between verses? doesn't help either? ( i know he needs to do this for oxygen but still ). The younger Axl? used to move and dance? like crazy in between verses? and it complimented the band (slash ) while they? did their thing .? It's not good having your frontman? disappear every 40 seconds .? ?Now that being said? he still kicks the ass of most of the frontman? out there today, but compared to his old self? he's average at best .
Robio576
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 06:25:48 PM »

Find something better to post.

WTF?

Oh, that's all right, Robio576 - your very presence here has elevated this to heights of excellence!

Wasn't trying to "elevate it to the hight of excellence"... What the hell does that even mean?...

Newbie or not, the post sucks.?

Robio

I retract what I said.  I watched the post a couple of times and it is amaizing the amount of intensity Axl displays. 

Sorry man, I've had a day from hell.

Robio/newbie
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »

Isn't it funny how people make fun of his voice now a days  Huh

His voice at this concert and many others back in the day, don't even compare to how good it is now.

It's plain and simple, some people just don't want to see him succeed!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 06:38:48 PM »

Isn't it funny how people make fun of his voice now a days? Huh

His voice at this concert and many others back in the day, don't even compare to how good it is now.

When his voice was fucked up on a certain night, then yes......but from most of 92 and all of 93...he was at his peak as a singer...He never had a bad night in 93'...not one..

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 06:41:14 PM »

it's not about how his voice ?sounds ? it's about how powerful ?it used to be. ? His old voice ?no matter how shitty it may have sounded ? was never overpowered ?by the rest of the band . ? Nowadays ?it's hard to hear Axl ?sometimes. ? Either his voice ?has weakened ?or he has the worst sound crew in the history of rock . ? There are many people that attend ?these shows ?that complain about how hard it is to hear his voice . ? Either way ?his voice is not as powerful as it used to be. ? He better get himself the best sound crew out there to help him out . ?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 06:42:48 PM »

Well personally, I watched the Tokyo shows and he didn't sound all that great in some of those songs.  Your trying to tell me he was perfect for a full year?   Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 06:44:31 PM »

it's not about how his voice ?sounds ? it's about how powerful ?it used to be. ? His old voice ?no matter how shitty it may have sounded ? was never overpowered ?by the rest of the band . ? Nowadays ?it's hard to hear Axl ?sometimes. ? Either his voice ?has weakened ?or he has the worst sound crew in the history of rock . ? There are many people that attend ?these shows ?that complain about how hard it is to hear his voice . ? Either way ?his voice is not as powerful as it used to be. ? He better get himself the best sound crew out there to help him out . ?

I agree.  However, I dont expect anyone to maintain such a powerful voice after 15 years.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 06:45:44 PM »

it's not about how his voice  sounds   it's about how powerful  it used to be.   His old voice  no matter how shitty it may have sounded   was never overpowered  by the rest of the band .   Nowadays  it's hard to hear Axl  sometimes.   Either his voice  has weakened  or he has the worst sound crew in the history of rock .   There are many people that attend  these shows  that complain about how hard it is to hear his voice .   Either way  his voice is not as powerful as it used to be.   He better get himself the best sound crew out there to help him out .   

It's because (a) he's older and doesn't have the vocal strength he used to (it's also because he smoked and drank back in the day) and (B) the band has three guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, a synth player and Lord knows what else he is trying to overpower with his voice. They need to get better sound guys - the current ones suck big time.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 06:48:46 PM »

Well personally, I watched the Tokyo shows and he didn't sound all that great in some of those songs.? Your trying to tell me he was perfect for a full year?? ?Roll Eyes

You're talking about the 92 show when his voice was fucked during the 2nd half of the show.......If you ARE talking about 93 Tokyo shows then maybe a little bit rough but still good.....and I never said perfect........

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 06:51:47 PM »

I'd love to see him try to emit this much energy nowadays.? hihi

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mo1_Bo5fAYQ&mode=related&search=

Crazy!

And I think that's the kind of wild, raw rock n' roll unpredictability that a lot of the "new" band's criticizers always try to reference.

I'm not a basher but I have to admit after seeing that, it completely blows away Axl's current stage presence. But I suppose with age you can't be expected to keep up that kind of act for very long, and it'd probably look a bit lame if he tried to do it now.

I have this.....and I have the VHS version at home....it is awesome....even though his voice is fucked up during the whole show.

THIS IS WHAT I CALL TRUE ROCK N' ROLL but these days axl isn't da same anymore, he used ta sing n' move so fucking wild but he now dances like old woman who needs ta drink her medicine ta live on!   hihi
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

If you think the video is good...you should have seen it in person....I was only 16 and was one of the complete defining moment of my life!

Smiley

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 06:53:52 PM »

When his voice was fucked up on a certain night, then yes......but from most of 92 and all of 93...he was at his peak as a singer...He never had a bad night in 93'...not one..

Simply untrue. he had a lot of off notes. What hes trying now is to be a better singer. On his albums he sang in a lot of his old92 songs it was screaming and not covering any notes. Like he was in the 80's and today.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »

Simply untrue. he had a lot of off notes. What hes trying now is to be a better singer. On his albums he sang in a lot of his old92 songs it was screaming and not covering any notes. Like he was in the 80's and today.

Dude...ck yourself brother...Axl was not that great in the 80's....Sometimes he was amazing...but it was fucked up a lot also....but his voice was much more powereful in the 90's.....93 was his best year as a vocalist........several metal mags gave him the #1 live vocalist of the year honors in 92 AND 93.......I guess it's a matter of opinion.....I just don't think that it should be.....We'll agree to disagree..... peace

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »

If the old Axl  came out and performed today   it would put every nu rock band  out there right now  out of business .   That is how fuckin great  he used to be.    Bands would have to step up their game big time .
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »

If the old Axl? came out and performed today? ?it would put every nu rock band? out there right now? out of business .? ?That is how fuckin great? he used to be.? ? Bands would have to step up their game big time .

Oh, forget about it.....the rock industry and music industry in general is lacking BIGTIME compared to the early 90's.... not to mention that Axl was the absolute MAN back then....nobody could touch him as a performer...a lot of new GNR fans don't seem to realize this...by new, I mean post 94'

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 07:28:12 PM »

Dude...ck yourself brother...Axl was not that great in the 80's....Sometimes he was amazing...but it was fucked up a lot also....but his voice was much more powereful in the 90's.....93 was his best year as a vocalist........several metal mags gave him the #1 live vocalist of the year honors in 92 AND 93.......I guess it's a matter of opinion.....I just don't think that it should be.....We'll agree to disagree..... peace

Yeah, in 1993 he had a great depth to his voice like Elton John, while (also like Elton) being able to carefully balance the high falsetto. Axl Rose was at his peak then.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 07:38:11 PM »

Yeah, in 1993 he had a great depth to his voice like Elton John, while (also like Elton) being able to carefully balance the high falsetto. Axl Rose was at his peak then.

you should delete ur words cuz i'm so sure that axl isn't agree ta ya for sure, trust me!!!  hihi 
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »

you should delete ur words cuz i'm so sure that axl isn't agree ta ya for sure, trust me!!!? hihi?

He doesn't have to agree, Axl already knows this...

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »

you should delete ur words cuz i'm so sure that axl isn't agree ta ya for sure, trust me!!!? hihi?

ok do ya mean that axl always telephones ya ta tell his thoughts? Oh c?mon, give me a choice  Roll Eyes

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »

ok do ya mean that axl always telephones ya ta tell his thoughts? Oh c?mon, give me a choice? Roll Eyes

Not quite...think whatever you want to bro....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: