Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:57:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So close yet so far away
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So close yet so far away  (Read 1477 times)
tibs
« on: September 26, 2006, 02:19:11 PM »

A quick intro-- I am as big a fan as ever got all the records and boots & saw em live in '02 (my one and only chance) in Toronto yada yada yada.....

This year i'm going again BUT with a twist - my buddies arent able to make it and i want to bring my wife (she knows the hits but is hardly a  fan)

SO

the purpose of the thread....

I want to be close BUT not front row close as its basically my wifes 1st rock concert (she likes Bryan Adams  nervous)

What in your opinions is the prime seating to "enjoy" the show but from a 1st time point of view?

any opinions on what the optimum row should be?
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »

Just get within the first 20 rows on the floor IF it is seated. If not get Lower Bowl seating within the first 15 rows.

Then enjoy, it will be a blast, check out the setlists from most the other shows once the tour starts and make her a burnt cd so she can get familiar with the tracks they play, hell, even print her lyrics so she knows the words.

I do that all the time for my little sister or little cousin if I am introducing her to a band and taking her live to see them.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

If this is your wife's first concert, I'd seriously recommend lowerbowl seating...  I took a female friend to the NYC show in May and opted for mezz seats.  Glad I did as I noticed that the floor got a little rough.  Plus, your wife, not being a huge fan, will probably not want to stand for three hours.  Lower bowl will allow her to sit down from time to time and yet gives you a great vantage point being able to look above everyone who's on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
tibs
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 02:35:37 PM »

yes great advice--  i REALLY wanna be front row center and if i could get anyone else to go with i would but at an adreneline fueled guns concert gotta protect ma gal a lil bit
anythinggoes
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 02:39:20 PM »

For Nottingham and Wembley we was stood Center about 20 -25 rows back it wasnt rough you had your own space but could still feel the crowd energy and see the show just fine youll enjoy it and Wifey will be not squashed as well
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »

Leave your wife home, j/k
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: