Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 03:09:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bad Press over GNR "Late" Arrival at Inland Invasion?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad Press over GNR "Late" Arrival at Inland Invasion?  (Read 2558 times)
King Sand
Patron Saint of Dust N' Bones
Rocker

... And there was nothing left but a grain of Sand

« on: September 26, 2006, 11:34:03 AM »

Okay, I'm very confused people and I need help sorting this out...  First of all, I live in Tampa, Florida and was expecting to watch the Inland Invasion show of GNR.  The bill had GNR starting at 10:00 PM Pacific Time, so I was expecting them to start at around 2:00 AM my time (accounting for lateness)...  So anyway, at 1:50 AM GNR began to play...  So that has to mean that they started at about 10:50 PM Pacific time...  WHY ARE ALL THESE ARTICLES (see below) being printed that GNR "didn't hit the stage until 1am"??  If that was the case, the show would have started at 4:00 AM my time, and that was just not so....  Now, all I hear are these stupid DJ's here in Tampa bashing Axl and GNR... They are saying that because GNR were so late, many fans left...  Help me people!!  Am I crazy??  (EDITED VERSION)

GUNS N' ROSES' first southern California show for 14 years fell on largely deaf ears on Saturday night (23SEP06) as fans gave up on the group after frontman AXL ROSE arrived on stage an hour late. The SWEET CHILD O' MINE rockers were slated to headline the Inland Invasion festival just before midnight, but unpredictable Rose didn't hit the Hyundai Pavilion stage until 1am. By then, many fans had already drifted off after watching the likes of MUSE and actor JARED LETO's band 30 SECONDS TO MARS, and more left when Rose and his new-look group started playing new material instead of hits. But Rose, 44, was undeterred by the dwindling crowds and impressed those who stayed with a two-hour set fuelled by his gym workout-like performance. Fan DAVID GRINT says, "Axl was amazing. It wasn't always pretty but he can still hit the high notes and he's still all-energy. "Unfortunately, there were a lot of breaks for costume changes and a few too many guitar solos and new songs." Among the highlights were a cover of CHRISTINA AGUILERA's BEAUTIFUL and a duet with SKID ROW's SEBASTIAN BACH on Guns N' Roses fan favourite MY MICHELLE.

SOURCE: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/guns%20n%20roses%20fans%20desert%20group%20at%201am%20homecoming_1009185
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:03:16 PM by King Sand » Logged

"Strange travel plans are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

Okay, I'm very confused people and I need help sorting this out...? First of all, I live in Tampa, Florida and was expecting to watch the Inland Invasion show of GNR.? The bill had GNR starting at 10:00 PM Pacific Time, so I was expecting them to start at around 2:00 AM my time (a four hour difference)...? So anyway, at 1:50 AM (early, mind you) GNR began to play...? So that has to mean that they started at the scheduled 10:00 PM Pacific starting time...? WHY ARE ALL THESE ARTICLES (see below) being printed that GNR "didn't hit the stage until 1am"Huh? If that was the case, the show would have started at 5:00 AM my time, and that is just not so....? Now, all I hear are these stupid DJ's here in Tampa bashing Axl and GNR... They are saying that because GNR were so late, many fans left...? Help me people!!? Am I crazy??? Is my math all wrong??? I thought GNR were actually 10 minutes early!!!

GUNS N' ROSES' first southern California show for 14 years fell on largely deaf ears on Saturday night (23SEP06) as fans gave up on the group after frontman AXL ROSE arrived on stage an hour late. The SWEET CHILD O' MINE rockers were slated to headline the Inland Invasion festival just before midnight, but unpredictable Rose didn't hit the Hyundai Pavilion stage until 1am. By then, many fans had already drifted off after watching the likes of MUSE and actor JARED LETO's band 30 SECONDS TO MARS, and more left when Rose and his new-look group started playing new material instead of hits. But Rose, 44, was undeterred by the dwindling crowds and impressed those who stayed with a two-hour set fuelled by his gym workout-like performance. Fan DAVID GRINT says, "Axl was amazing. It wasn't always pretty but he can still hit the high notes and he's still all-energy. "Unfortunately, there were a lot of breaks for costume changes and a few too many guitar solos and new songs." Among the highlights were a cover of CHRISTINA AGUILERA's BEAUTIFUL and a duet with SKID ROW's SEBASTIAN BACH on Guns N' Roses fan favourite MY MICHELLE.

To me it's just another case of people making stuff up if they have to in order to write something bad.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Origen
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:37:03 AM »

Of course they (Axl) were late. People Were leaving, and the show was in minutes of turning into a riot. Just because some of you might find it "negative" doesn't make it not true.
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »

What I'm saying is that they were scheduled for 10:00 PM Pacific Time (2:00 AM Eastern Time) and WTTJ started playing at 2:00 AM Eastern Time...  How were they late?  (Unless my math is wrong, I thought there was a four hour time difference between Pacific and Eastern time, correct??)...

Besides, the Article says they didn't hit the stage until 1:00 AM which I know is way wrong..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:46:23 AM by King Sand » Logged

Annie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »

They came on a little bit before 11pm Ca time, because I live In Chicago and they came on a little before 1am. There is a 2 hour difference between Chicago and Ca, and a 3 hour difference between Fl and Ca. No GNR show starts before 11pm so what is their problem?
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »

Okay, I'm very confused people and I need help sorting this out...  First of all, I live in Tampa, Florida and was expecting to watch the Inland Invasion show of GNR.  The bill had GNR starting at 10:00 PM Pacific Time, so I was expecting them to start at around 2:00 AM my time (a four hour difference)...  So anyway, at 1:50 AM (early, mind you) GNR began to play...  So that has to mean that they started at the scheduled 10:00 PM Pacific starting time...  WHY ARE ALL THESE ARTICLES (see below) being printed that GNR "didn't hit the stage until 1am"??  If that was the case, the show would have started at 5:00 AM my time, and that was just not so....  Now, all I hear are these stupid DJ's here in Tampa bashing Axl and GNR... They are saying that because GNR were so late, many fans left...  Help me people!!  Am I crazy??  Is my math all wrong??  I thought GNR were actually 10 minutes early!!!

You're getting things mixed up dude. 10 PM pacific time is not 4 hours behind eastern time. It's 3 hours. So 10 PM pacific is 1 AM your time. I turned on the webcast at 12 AM central (1 hour behind you and 2 hours ahead of California) expecting it to come on (well hoping they'd come on). But they didn't come on until 50 minutes later, which is 50 minutes late according to the 10 PM start time.
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

Okay, so if its a 3 hour difference that explains the first part...  But where they got "they didn't hit the stage until 1am" I have no idea....  And I've heard the "1am" part over and over....

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »

Okay, so if its a 3 hour difference that explains the first part...  But where they got "they didn't hit the stage until 1am" I have no idea....  And I've heard the "1am" part over and over....

If they claimed that, they're full of shit. GN'R went on stage at 10:50 PM pacific time. Perhaps they were in the central part of the country watching the webcast like me? It was 12:50 AM when they went on according to my watch.
Annie
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »

Of course they (Axl) were late. People Were leaving, and the show was in minutes of turning into a riot. Just because some of you might find it "negative" doesn't make it not true.
Idiots who start riots are just looking for reasons to excuse their bad behaviour.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »

i've read the same stupidity, they don't bother to qualify the 1AM with WHICH TIMEZONE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!  Was watching too, they came on about 1:50 AM CST, or 11:50 PM PST
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 11:47:38 AM »

Negative and false are two different things. The original question was whether or not the band went on close to 1am as this review claims.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »

Right... And what bothers me is that I have to listen to these stupid DJ's who read those articles bad mouth Axl and GNR when they are giving the listeners the wrong facts...   I know GNR are always late, but they aren't THAT late!!!  And that sends people wrong impressions of a band that needs more good press...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:50:58 AM by King Sand » Logged

Annie
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »

Right... And what bothers me is that I have to listen to these stupid DJ's who read those articles bad mouth Axl and GNR when they are giving the listeners the wrong facts...? ?I know GNR are always late, but they aren't THAT late!!!? And that sends people wrong impressions of a band that needs more good press...
I think that you should call them up and set things straight.
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 11:54:50 AM »

I just wanted to get things straight for myself... I was very confused!   Wink

Annie
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »

I just wanted to get things straight for myself... I was very confused!? ?Wink
That's cool.
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

they were late, it was around 8.50 am here, that is 10.50 pm in Los Angeles.

anyway the strange part of that article is this:"and more left when Rose and his new-look group started playing new material instead of hits".

and the good part:
" But Rose, 44, was undeterred by the dwindling crowds and impressed those who stayed with a two-hour set fuelled by his gym workout-like performance."

so let's take the good part, while waiting for another show and the CD.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 12:11:24 PM »

nobody is reading the reviews of the inland invasion.
the andy warholl thing made much bigger bad publicity.
it's in daily magazines everywhere.
I dont see why my thread was deleted Huh

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
King Sand
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »

Dude, maybe not... BUT MANY DJ's HAVE...  And they are spreading those reviews to their listening audience.... People might not have read the reviews, but they listen to morning radio...  I've heard atleast 4 different DJ's in the past couple of days remark about the fact that GNR didn't show up until 1:00 AM...  Which was not true...  It spreads a bad message to the same radio listeners who are the target audience for GNR's upcoming shows...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:19:34 PM by King Sand » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »

i've read the same stupidity, they don't bother to qualify the 1AM with WHICH TIMEZONE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!? Was watching too, they came on about 1:50 AM CST, or 11:50 PM PST

Who writes a review for a show they are not at the show? The guy lied. It should not have to say what time zone he is in because he should be in the western time zone since that is where the show was.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 12:28:07 PM »

Dude, maybe not... BUT MANY DJ's HAVE...? And they are spreading those reviews to their listening audience.... People might not have read the reviews, but they listen to morning radio...? I've heard atleast 4 different DJ's in the past couple of days remark about the fact that GNR didn't show up until 1:00 AM...? Which was not true...? It spreads a bad message to the same radio listeners who are the target audience for GNR's upcoming shows...

I heard about it and I live in CT... stupid that they even bother discussing such a rumor here... anything to pick on Axl...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: