Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 44934 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2006, 04:16:13 PM »

traditionally in the past in these small vegas shows there have been no openers! Smiley

im guessing one of the kroq show bands may end up opening for Gnr on this tour........

anyone know if there WILL be an opener for the Hard Rock Hotel on 9/16 and 9/17? I know on the Hard Rock website it says just GNR at 8 PM.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

Either Sebastian Bach or Buckcherry

I've seen Buckcherry live before, they're alright. The problem with them is, people don't seem to know a lot of their good catalog music and just expect them to play "The Cocaine Song" over and over. But they're pretty good.

As for Avenged Sevenfold, I noticed that too, that they don't have anything planned for October...I'm hoping they'll go a Halloween show in NYC, but hoping on the Night Train with GNR is just as good  smoking

Interesting because the Buckcherry show I went to this year everyone seemed to know the songs.  Everyone was singing along.  Granted this was in a smaller venue and in LA so probably the people there were hardcore fans.  I think that they appeal to the same type of crowd as GnR so they would do well even if the fans didn't know the songs.  No matter who they schedule this will probably be something of an issue.  They aren't going to have another big time band with a huge fanbase open for them, it will be a smaller band that's known.  I think there's a better chance of fans who go to a GnR show knowing the songs of Buckcherry than knowing the songs of Avenged Sevenfold or BFMV
hank
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2006, 04:28:12 PM »

get Mank Rage ..that may be cool.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2006, 11:46:50 PM »

axl rose take the stage at 8p.m???   LMFAO  ain't never gonna happen.

i'm probably the only person here that would say this, but i liked bullet for my valentine, what little bit of them i saw.

yea its just you

well, i'm probably alot older then you and they kinda reminded me of the old metal that we listened to way back when, sort of a combination of the ramones and the old motley crue (too fast for love era)

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2006, 12:21:44 PM »

^ i love metal, Slayer, Maiden(old stuff), Priest Etc. but  BFMV remind me of crap, if you see them live you will understand, after every 2 or 3 notes theres always a sqweel from the guitarist and it gets very annoying, also most of there songs song the same, it the only time i've felt tierd whist watching a band

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2006, 06:17:01 PM »

Coheed and Cambria would be my choice now I've seen them live. Awesome band.

Here today...ready to rock
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:31 PM »

Coheed and Cambria would be my choice now I've seen them live. Awesome band.

That's a great call man! They are an awesome band!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2006, 08:40:37 PM »

GNR needs an equal act to tour with to bring in the fans.  Like the Def Leopard/Journey tour or Cinderella/Poison tour.  If it were GNR/Motley Crue, I would agree in it being a good tour.  But Axl alone will prove to be a waste of time to average America.  But, Madison Square Garden will still sell out.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »

GNR needs an equal act to tour with to bring in the fans.  Like the Def Leopard/Journey tour or Cinderella/Poison tour.  If it were GNR/Motley Crue, I would agree in it being a good tour.  But Axl alone will prove to be a waste of time to average America.  But, Madison Square Garden will still sell out.

GN'R/Motley would be awesome.. but i doubt it would happen  Undecided. My bet is still on Ax7

gnrevolution.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2006, 09:13:48 PM »

GNR needs an equal act to tour with to bring in the fans.? Like the Def Leopard/Journey tour or Cinderella/Poison tour.? If it were GNR/Motley Crue, I would agree in it being a good tour.? But Axl alone will prove to be a waste of time to average America.? But, Madison Square Garden will still sell out.

GN'R/Motley would be awesome.. but i doubt it would happen? Undecided. My bet is still on Ax7

Motley Crue is on tour with Aerosmith this fall, already taken.  I think it'd be smart, and cool if they got a known band to open for them to help draw in more fans.  Not that they can't stand alone but a lot of people still don't believe in the NEW GNR, with another big name on the bill they may look past the fact that Slash and co. are no longer in the band.  And hopefully by the end of the night they'd realize just how good the new band is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2006, 03:29:25 AM »

Isis would be a personal wish of mine.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2006, 12:22:09 AM »

oh hell yeah, lets have guns and the crue tour together....axl and vince can finally settle that old score between them.  and besides motely crue sucks ass now.  and i'm sure they'd so be able to agree as to who the headliner was.  i know, lets get velvet revolver to open, wouldn't that be a trip?  i'm sure it would draw in the crowds.  and there ya go, axl and slash on the same stage, the thing so many people want.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:24:48 AM by axlssis » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2006, 01:17:21 AM »

isn't ISIS on tour with TOOL right now?

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2006, 01:25:10 AM »

traditionally in the past in these small vegas shows there have been no openers! Smiley

im guessing one of the kroq show bands may end up opening for Gnr on this tour........

anyone know if there WILL be an opener for the Hard Rock Hotel on 9/16 and 9/17? I know on the Hard Rock website it says just GNR at 8 PM.

I agree that they will probably take one of the bands off Inland Invasion.  I'd like to see Buckcherry, myself but who knows. 

GNR@8pm in Vegas is never gonna happen.  Axl isn't even up yet.  You may be standing in line at 8 but I bet you will be waiting til quite past 11 if there is no opener, which I doubt there will be.

I heard the tail end of BFMV at Hammerstein on the 14th and wasn't impressed so when I came back on the 17th I didn't even go in until 10:45.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2006, 08:54:58 AM »

isn't ISIS on tour with TOOL right now?

Yes, it was more of an improbable fantasy on my part
goldfinger19
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2006, 11:55:05 AM »

All the bands you guys keep mentioning are already booked up for the time GNR will be on tour. There really are only a couple of band that I think it could be. Unfortunately one of them is Avenged Sevenfold, and on the upside the other is Buckcherry. And C&C...please not again, how many times will I have to see this band opening for someone else before they just go away. In that sense they are just like Bullet for My Valentine, Jet, and Hoobastank, I've seen them all a million times, and not once did I go to the concert to see them.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »

actually, as i think back to prior guns tours, they usually use a relatively unknown band for an opener.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2006, 01:15:46 AM »

you're probably right.. and it also seems like they choose them at the last minute too!!

actually, as i think back to prior guns tours, they usually use a relatively unknown band for an opener.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2006, 01:53:13 AM »

soul aslylm

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2006, 01:58:31 AM »

soul aslylm
Tommy could work some double time. hihi
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: