Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 41440 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2006, 12:29:09 PM »

A7x were terrible at the gig I went. It was noise. it was heavy, heavy metal, it sounds nothing like a Rock band. It was just noize.
GN'R shouldn't be associated with anything "Metal" in my opinion. there are so many good ROCK bands out there to open for GN'R... Jet, The Strokes, The Killers etc...really, there are way better bands to start a gig? ok
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 12:33:01 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »

i consider them a rock band. that sucks you didnt get to see a good show. because they put on a great show. i think bands like the strokes & the killers are stuff of that nature is very dated music & will be names of the past very soon if not already. i strongly suggest city of evil to everyone that wants a complete album. it's very rare that you get a good album from start to finish, & i think a7x did it. ( dont let there look fool you)
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2006, 01:24:50 PM »

A7x were terrible at the gig I went. It was noise. it was heavy, heavy metal, it sounds nothing like a Rock band. It was just noize.
GN'R shouldn't be associated with anything "Metal" in my opinion. there are so many good ROCK bands out there to open for GN'R... Jet, The Strokes, The Killers etc...really, there are way better bands to start a gig? ok

I was really impressed with A7X at the gig, especially with their cover of 'Walk' which really got the crowd buzzing!

Where were you standing? I was standing about 7 people's worth from the front and at times it got so loud it would just turn into noise, but it was still a really good performance...Hell, even Bullet for my Valentine weren't that bad!
Evolution
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »

Foo Fighters?
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2006, 04:17:51 AM »

Has anyone mentioned Silvertide?

Yesss!! Silvertide would be a great opening act for GN'R, they're a realy good straight up rock n' roll band and wouldn't have much of a problem getting the crowd pumped for Guns, as they did for Velvet Revolver.

Another really good band that recently emerged is Wolfmother, I think they'd do well as an opening act and most Guns N Roses fans would probably enjoy them.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:21:03 AM by vietnow138 » Logged
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:25 AM »

I would love seeing Alice In Chains together with GN'R.

"...It don't really matter..."
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2006, 04:35:36 AM »

Omg man that'd be incredible, some people actually got to witness that at the Gods Of Metal fest. recently
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2006, 04:38:20 AM »

Shania Twain would be amazing. Plus, she is pretty big in the USA right?

lol i was so busy laughing at this and then i find out your serious.  and now your dissing other musicians.  get off this board ur a disgrace rofl
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2006, 05:02:42 AM »

Omg man that'd be incredible, some people actually got to witness that at the Gods Of Metal fest. recently

they were at the nijmegen gig too. But Alice in Chains realy sucked. No stage presence at all. Good thing Guns rocked the house.  Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2006, 05:07:07 AM »

A7X were really good at Hammersmith I thought, lots of presence and really got the crowd even more fired up than they already were. They were good enough, at least, that I went and had a look at their stuff on iTunes. Better than BFMV anyway.

That said, they use far too much distortion- I got really worried about the sound for GnR at Hammersmith as I could hardly hear the guitar lines distinctly during A7X, but it was great for GnR. It must be something about their setup, or even done deliberately.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2006, 05:16:28 AM »

I wouldnt have a problem seeing A7X, I just bought City of Evil and was pretty impressed with what I heard. I checked out some BFMV however and couldn't really get into it. I wouldn't mind if A7X did some more shows with Guns.

they were at the nijmegen gig too. But Alice in Chains realy sucked. No stage presence at all. Good thing Guns rocked the house. Smiley

Whoa are you serious? Thats too bad, they're a really great band, I'd imagine they would be capable of a lot more...
fixintodie
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2006, 05:40:33 AM »

I was at Nijmegen too, and I have to agree. Alice In Chains just flat-out sucked. The sound was terrible, you couldn't hear the vocals, all the songs ran into one another. Stone Sour had more prescence. Not that I'm suggesting them as an opener.

I always wished Tommy would open a GNR show with a solo set. Village Gorilla Head was a fantastic album. Last time I saw Meat Loaf he had his bass player Kasim Sulton open with a few of his own songs. The crowd had respect for this guy - he played on the first 'Bat' album too.

It would be really cool for GN'R to do a co-headlining tour with say, Alice Cooper (then we could get a live version of The Garden!) or Aerosmith, but unfortunately besides being unwilling to share the stage, these bands wouldn't tolerate GNR's erratic start times, and all that goes with it.

Liking Shania Twain is fine - but suggesting her as a GNR opener is ridiculous - you really think that crowd would embrace her as an opening act. If you like Shania so much, why do you want to see her get piss-bottled to death?  peace

I'd suggest the New York Dolls! They have a kickass new album out, and just supported Alice a while back.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2006, 05:47:34 AM »

What about Supernova?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:13:58 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2006, 08:07:39 AM »

The Twilight Singers. Cheesy

At least they're not emo....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
xxrosesxx
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2006, 08:41:15 AM »

How about Vains of Jenna, Hardcore Superstar or Crash Diet (they are almost ready again)?
Vains were produced by Gilby and all 3 bands are probably the best rock bands of the genre to come out in years.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2006, 08:46:29 AM »

I was at Nijmegen too, and I have to agree. Alice In Chains just flat-out sucked. The sound was terrible, you couldn't hear the vocals, all the songs ran into one another. Stone Sour had more prescence. Not that I'm suggesting them as an opener.

yeah  alice in chains sucked... they sucked at rock am ring as well...

i love stone sour on the other hand ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
anythinggoes
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2006, 09:34:29 AM »

/jarmo

Whats Wrong With Emo Huh

Oh Yeah I remember it SUCKS ASS hihi

How about Queens of the Stoneage

i somehow dont think they would do it do you
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2006, 09:38:54 AM »

/jarmo

I'm with you there.  What a great, underappreciated band.  Probably not the best fit with GnR, but hey - I'd be happy...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:11 AM »

I was at Nijmegen too, and I have to agree. Alice In Chains just flat-out sucked. The sound was terrible, you couldn't hear the vocals, all the songs ran into one another.

yeah? alice in chains sucked... they sucked at rock am ring as well...

Alice In Chains will always suck without Layne Staley.  No getting around it.

As far as answering the thread question - just not Mix Master Mike!

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:10 AM »

I would really love Weezer again. They have different fan bases (so you'd get a good variety of people) but there are a lot of people who do like both. I'm sure Weezer really should be doing their own tour or something if they're gonna go out this year, but they did do the London gig (seems like ages ago) so one can dream Tongue

Alice in Chains without Layne I can't support.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: