Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:47:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 41438 times)
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »

Mike Tramp and his band will be good, i saw him last night.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Onikeus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2006, 11:32:07 AM »

I think the opener has to be big enough to have their own audience (3,000-8,000) but not too big that their audience is as big as the GNR fans. As well the opening act's fans have to gel with GNR fans. None of those UK bands that are ONLY big in the UK are going to work (i.e. Muse). I think the only two realistic choices for opening acts (I'm talking about North America) are Black Label Society and Kid Rock. Black Label Society is a good choice because they sell out 3,000-5,000 seat venues constantly, great music, have a new record coming out in September, and Zakk has worked with Axl before. I don't like Kid Rock's music, but like somebody mentioned, his audience digs GNR. He also has a big enough fanbase that would help boost attendance. Either of these bands work because their audiences are similar to GNR's, have big fanbases (that could become potential GNR fans through the shows), and have similar images to GNR (badass rock).
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2006, 11:44:10 AM »

I think Buckcherry would be the perfect opener for GNR.  They have a fairly popular rock single out now in Crazy Bitch and are the closest thing to a straight up American Rock Band Now.  What do you guys think?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2006, 01:40:29 PM »

Alice and Chains

Just stated on sirius that they might be booking another tour in the fall, no details yet
AIC would be a cool, I'm cool with kid rock, Bas or buck cherry also

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »

The Mars Volta
Hellacopters

T.T.
?.?.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2006, 01:49:04 PM »

Has anyone mentioned Silvertide?

Here today...ready to rock
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »

I think Buckcherry would be the perfect opener for GNR.  They have a fairly popular rock single out now in Crazy Bitch and are the closest thing to a straight up American Rock Band Now.  What do you guys think?

Thank you!  Several people at the NY shows including myself said this.  Especially after hearing their new album, I think they would be perfect.  I've seen them live, they put on a pretty good show.  MUCH less likely to get booed than BFMV. 

Speaking of the US tour - I have been a little out of it lately, does anyone know anything about when they'll announce tour dates?  I need to plan my vacation days at work!!   peace
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2006, 03:24:32 PM »

That's who I was going to suggest. Axl better bring his A-Game least he gets shown up though. I saw Silvertide last October at WMMR's Creep Fest and was blown away, Walt's a great performer. Institute was the headliner and Walt blew Gavin and crew off the stage, even my friend agreed and Bush is his favorite band. 

11/10/06!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2006, 03:33:13 PM »

That's who I was going to suggest. Axl better bring his A-Game least he gets shown up though. I saw Silvertide last October at WMMR's Creep Fest and was blown away, Walt's a great performer. Institute was the headliner and Walt blew Gavin and crew off the stage, even my friend agreed and Bush is his favorite band.?

agreed. i was at that show as well. anyone i know that has ever seen 'tide live instantly became huge fans.

they would be a great opening act. i'd love to see it. and they are "close" to finishing a new record. so they may have an album/single to promote in the fall.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »

The Mars Volta
Hellacopters

The Mars Volta are on tour with RHCP through late October i think...wouldn't really work out but i would love to see them open...however they would probably get booed.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2006, 03:48:07 PM »

It will more than likel be someone that either Sanctuar of Geffen/Universal is looking to promote.  Start looking at up and comers with new(er) releases associated with Sanctuar or Geffen/Universal/Interscope
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2006, 03:49:42 PM »

Well yeah. I like Michelle Branch so what? It's still 1 million times less ridiculous than Buckethead, your so called "idol".

awww, that's so cute

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2006, 05:23:43 PM »

The Mars Volta
Hellacopters

The Mars Volta are on tour with RHCP through late October i think...wouldn't really work out but i would love to see them open...however they would probably get booed.

Didn't The Mars Volta split up last week? confused

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »

What about The Strokes? They're pretty big in Europe. Are they popular in the U.S?
They are GN'R fans, especially the guitar player, he's been very influenced by Slash.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
benchiefjr
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2006, 05:51:56 PM »

The Mars Volta
Hellacopters

Didn't The Mars Volta split up last week? confused
no, their drummer left
Chief
Legend

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2006, 06:16:19 PM »

DAMN

Alice in Chains just announced their own tour.. oh well, they are out of the running!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2006, 11:01:04 AM »

A 80s glam band like Poison/Cinderella opening would be a bad thing imo.

And Aerosmith/Motley Crue wouldn't open for GnR. If anythink GnR would open for Aerosmith.

Maybe Sebastians band will do, maybe you'll get Mix Master Mike again, who knows.

An 80's band would be a bad choice, because then the tour will be deemed a nostalgia tour and people will go expecting the same exact thing as they got in the 80s. If Gnr gets a GOOD young band, they will do well in terms of sales, and they will also be exposed to a new audience, which makes them relevant, with kids today.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

velvet revolver will be good.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »

here some names:

Kings of Leon
Arcade Fire
Queens of the Stone Age
Wolf Parade

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2006, 12:23:02 PM »

i've been saying a7x the whole time. it makes perfect sense they sell there shows out. which guns needs a solid support act, ( since they will probally charge a arm & a leg for tickets). we all know what the ticket sales were like in '02. & a7x has a very young fan base which is great for g n' r. it will sell alot more albums & expose these kids to guns n' roses. i can't believe some of you called a7x noise!!! what were you listening to? maybe it was bad sound in the place. this band sounds  great live. ( just watch them on youtube). & this is one of the few groups that can play there instruments. i can go on & on, but i wont. the music speaks for itself!! listen to city of evil.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: