Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my opinion: A single will be out before the next show
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my opinion: A single will be out before the next show  (Read 9100 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2006, 09:17:55 PM »

Why do you all think they would release a single of a song that they've played live or that has already leaked?  I'm certain that the single will be something we haven't heard yet.
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2006, 09:21:09 PM »

are u guys always gonna be patient fans of gnr?
would u let axl screw your gf and still be a loyal fan?

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2006, 09:36:27 PM »

would u let axl screw your gf and still be a loyal fan?

Yes.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2006, 09:44:56 PM »

I too, think 'Chinese Democracy' would make a kick-ass first single. I think the first single will be something we haven't heard, but if we had to choose from only what we've heard, I'd go 'Chinese Democracy', then 'Better', then 'The Blues'....

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
BigDeech
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2006, 01:35:11 AM »

Better is by far the best song and got the best reception by far in the GNR world and beyong. Catcher In The Rye should be the second single, perfect song. But an unreleased song, like "Checkmate" (though its not the right title) has a great chorus and I could see it being a single.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2006, 03:09:46 AM »

i certainly hope this happens.

they definitely need to release a catchy single that people can get into!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
anythinggoes
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2006, 03:12:29 AM »

So you would put IRS over Better, Twat, Maddy, The? blues, CITR?? I wouldnt.

but I wouldn't say that IRS is "weak"

I wasnt keen on IRS on first listens i thought it was the weaker of the songs not to say it wasnt good, but to hear the song live it fucking rocks hard so i think its a better live song than album song but we are listening to a demo so who knows what the Album version will be like. 
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2006, 03:27:21 AM »

I think Better or Chinese Democracy...

"...It don't really matter..."
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2006, 03:30:59 AM »

It'll be something we haven't heard. I'm pretty sure about that... Axl wants to surprise people..

If I had to choose out of what we've heard though.. imagine a super trippy awesome music video for Chinese Democracy. It would own. If they could make a killer music video for it the kiddies at MTV would eat it up.. without one though the song might not be as successful (as much as I like it)

gnrevolution.com
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2006, 03:34:46 AM »

Iimagine a super trippy awesome music video for Chinese Democracy. It would own.
Directed by David Fincher?  drool
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2006, 03:41:34 AM »

THE SINGLE will be a NEW song ... that we haven't heard yet ...
do you know why ??  Grin

Because of this :
"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

It was said BY AXL in 08.26.02 - London Arena, London, England

And I hope the next single will be out in the next show !!  beer
EccoTides
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2006, 03:47:25 AM »

I always forget about that quote, good stuff.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain it'll be something we haven't heard yet - An ace up the band's sleeve, so to speak. I absolutely love all of the songs, but I don't think we've heard "the one" yet that will define this new band in the general public's eyes.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2006, 03:53:57 AM »

do you know why Huh Grin

Because of this :
"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

And I hope the next single will be out in the next show !!? beer

At the time of that quote, they were not playing Better, IRS, or TWAT, so they're all fair game for singles.
Megaguns
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2006, 03:56:23 AM »

Everyone seems to forget about Chinese Democracy - the song - I absolutely love that song. IMO as good as Better and better than IRS. But as for the single - one can only speculate.
I reckon its a little complicated to release the title track from the album as a single.
Alot of people will get confused. Chinese democracy, the single, Sitting next to Chinese Democracy, the album....
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2006, 04:04:46 AM »

do you know why Huh Grin

Because of this :

And I hope the next single will be out in the next show !!? beer

At the time of that quote, they were not playing Better, IRS, or TWAT, so they're all fair game for singles.

True ... but who knows if this 3 leaked weren't leaked by someone in GNR ?? - first

Anyway, if not , Merck said that GNR hasn't released yet the BIG GUNS, even after the leaked songs ... - in second place

AND if one day Axl may have thought that BETTER, or THE BLUES or T.W.A.T. could be a single ( his " fav" songs ), now i don't think that he would drop any of them as the single because they wouldn't be an IMPACT anymore unfortunetly (or not).
We have heard "legends" of another powerfull tracks too like "THE GENERAL", "PROSTITUTE", "THIS I LOVE" - They will pick one of this
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2006, 04:06:59 AM »

Everyone seems to forget about Chinese Democracy - the song - I absolutely love that song. IMO as good as Better and better than IRS. But as for the single - one can only speculate.
I reckon its a little complicated to release the title track from the album as a single.
Alot of people will get confused. Chinese democracy, the single, Sitting next to Chinese Democracy, the album....

The new Intro ( 1st played at NYC ) IS VERYYYYYYYYYY original - I love the song
Maybe a single, not the first in my opinion
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »

LOL, good point!  Grin Let's hope for a mindblowing rocktune we haven't heard yet, then.

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2006, 10:36:49 AM »

From the songs we have heard... No doubt Better and Chinese Democracy would be the best first single

but it could, and most likely will be a new song...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »

do you know why ??  Grin

Because of this :

And I hope the next single will be out in the next show !!  beer

True ... but who knows if this 3 leaked weren't leaked by someone in GNR ?? - first

Anyway, if not , Merck said that GNR hasn't released yet the BIG GUNS, even after the leaked songs ... - in second place

AND if one day Axl may have thought that BETTER, or THE BLUES or T.W.A.T. could be a single ( his " fav" songs ), now i don't think that he would drop any of them as the single because they wouldn't be an IMPACT anymore unfortunetly (or not).
We have heard "legends" of another powerfull tracks too like "THE GENERAL", "PROSTITUTE", "THIS I LOVE" - They will pick one of this

I agree with alot of both sides of this arguement. I have a feeling the single (assuming there is one) will be something we haven't heard. At least the first one.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »

Doubt it'll happen.  Makes too much sense.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: