Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:35:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my opinion: A single will be out before the next show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my opinion: A single will be out before the next show  (Read 9104 times)
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006, 05:14:14 PM »

I'd like 'I.R.S.' to be a single, but if it isn't the first, I'd like it to be a hard rocking shit-kicking son a of a bitch kinda tune to remind the world what GN'R is all about. peace

Also, why is a big event needed to announce anything, just announce it on the website and let places like this do the rest of the work. Grin

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006, 05:21:15 PM »

The first single needs to be something we have not heard yet and needs to be teh best rocker on the album.
If i would have to guess I think Prositute would be the first single (from what I heard about it)

So have prositute be the first single
and Riyadh (if its not on the album) and/or silkworms as the b side

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »

I wouldn't mind IRS being the first single. I think it will be A single for sure. But I really think the first one is gonna be somethin we haven't heard.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »

IRS is the weakest new song and wont be the single. Merck even said there are 11 songs better than it. I really dont think he would make IRS a single.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2006, 05:30:25 PM »

I hope TWAT is not the first single.  Start with Better, CITR or something else.  No IRS or TWAT.  I like the songs but I don't know if everyone will. 
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »

I guess that's the reason for the reschedules ...
i think we'll have a single and a release date before oct 20th...

my guess: TWAT will be the 1st single

Thats a prediction, not an opinion.  I doubt TWAT will be the single.  I'm guessing Better or something we haven't heard.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
EFISH
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

That would be really cool to have a single. I am predicting we will have atleast a release date by then, if not more. Should be interesting. I cant honestly beleive that 1 month from right now, I will be outside the venue ready to see Guns N Fucking Roses! Like, I honestly do not beleive its happening. I need a therapist rofl
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2006, 05:45:12 PM »

I truly don't believe the single will be a song we've already heard. A good move to get more air play would be for GN'R to release a double A-side single (two songs) to radio/TV. It's only been done a couple of times before. As far as the single coming out before the next show, I think it will be little bit longer than that, but it would be great if it happened.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 05:45:19 PM »

That would be really cool to have a single. I am predicting we will have atleast a release date by then, if not more. Should be interesting. I cant honestly beleive that 1 month from right now, I will be outside the venue ready to see Guns N Fucking Roses! Like, I honestly do not beleive its happening. I need a therapist rofl

If you go into therapy, make sure to give me your ticket ?hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

i only thought of TWAT because they already played it live but not over-played it ... i don't know, it seems to me that they're saving it to the future ..
but you guys said true stuff ... TWAT doesn't feel like a song to be the 1st single ... but i think it won't be Better either, because it's overplayed and it's not gonna make an impact on the fans ... it's gonna be a new and heavy song ...
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »

IRS is the weakest new song and wont be the single. Merck even said there are 11 songs better than it. I really dont think he would make IRS a single.

No way man. ?Have you seen the manchester IRS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGaDSYNNiw? ?One of the strongest new songs in my opinion. ?I'd be happy with Better or I.R.S. as the first single or something we haven't heard like "The General."

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »

No way man. ?Have you seen the manchester IRS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGaDSYNNiw? ?One of the strongest new songs in my opinion. ?I'd be happy with Better or I.R.S. as the first single or something we haven't heard like "The General."

So you would put IRS over Better, Twat, Maddy, The  blues, CITR?? I wouldnt.

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

but I wouldn't say that IRS is "weak"

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »

No way man.  Have you seen the manchester IRS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGaDSYNNiw?  One of the strongest new songs in my opinion.  I'd be happy with Better or I.R.S. as the first single or something we haven't heard like "The General."

We should try to not let this thread be about what the next single will or should be, because we've done it a hundred times already. But I do think that the final MASTERED studio version of IRS will kick some fucking ass. But the first single, should be a 'rocker'. That's just how it's done.  I just don't think IRS would ever be the first single because that song has already been played on the radio many times. 

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 06:13:09 PM »

So you would put IRS over Better, Twat, Maddy, The? blues, CITR?? I wouldnt.

but I wouldn't say that IRS is "weak"

Everyone seems to forget about Chinese Democracy - the song - I absolutely love that song. IMO as good as Better and better than IRS. But as for the single - one can only speculate.

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2006, 06:38:59 PM »

Oh but when I make a thread similar to this, it gets locked?  Huh

It's not really that big of a deal, but it is when you bad mouth me, and then respond to a similar thread. 

Try and be a little more consistant mods!  confused

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2006, 06:45:16 PM »

I'm going to say the first single will be a rocker, and that leaves IRS or Better. They are really the only two new songs they play consistently that I know of (as far as new rockers go).

As for when? Only Axl knows. I do hope they release this album soon though. They can't sustain many more tours with this lineup and no new album to promote, it's bad for their credibility.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

what worries me is the lack of media interest or promotion

Axl should be on the cover of every major rock publication giving interviews etc.. leading up to the release - when is this going to happen?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2006, 08:46:09 PM »

pardon if this has already been said but i didnt feel like reading through the entire thing, just the original post.  MERck commented and told us the reason why the shows were rescheduled, its not because they are gonna release a single.
mrbrownstone8797
Rocker

gnr>everything

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »

pardon if this has already been said but i didnt feel like reading through the entire thing, just the original post.  MERck commented and told us the reason why the shows were rescheduled, its not because they are gonna release a single.
Right, but just because he didn't say that, doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: