Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:04:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  my opinion: A single will be out before the next show
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: my opinion: A single will be out before the next show  (Read 10168 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 03:31:05 PM »

Hope youre right, but TWAT will not be the first single...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »

and I dont see how some people can be so close minded...
you havent heard 70% of the album.
how can you predict the 1st single based on that?!
we dont know what the first single will be, and I dont think that matters. the date is what matters.
it's like guessing the tracklist of chinese democracy. let it be. release date is what matters!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »

you guys are forgetting one detail.
there's no more "big" events they can use to anounce the single.
first "big" event is the first show of the tour, on oct. 20th, and that's the soonest I expect any news of the single.

the last chance went away last night with the show.
they could have used it to anounce the single, and yet they did not. that only proves that they have no itention to release the single in such short period.

by "short period" I mean, next 3-4 weeks.

my earliest bet for a single is oct 20th, but first week of november seems far more likely.

Yeah, but it's not necessary that a single has to be announced at a "big" event, is it? If they announce the date for a single and the album in a press release, it will be all over the press anyway - and they can start promoting the album after that. It seems logical that the release date will be revealed in the same press release as the one regarding the full USA tour - if the intentions of relasing CD "this year" is for real, which I hope and believe. Only time will tell but I'm definately hoping for good news this coming week! ?ok

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 03:49:43 PM »

I hope so.
I'm looking forward to next week, but constant use of "this year" term is telling me that the release will probably closer to the end of the year, than it is to current moment.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »

I can't see them releasing a seven minute single and expect it to get radio play between The Black Eyed Peas and Fall Out Boy.
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »

I can't see them releasing a seven minute single and expect it to get radio play between The Black Eyed Peas and Fall Out Boy.

i agree... that's only problem with TWAT ... but it's feeling! I don't know why i feel it, but i feel it will be TWAT!  hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 04:00:54 PM »

I love TWAT (probably my favorite from the leaked songs), but I'd never choose it as a first single after 13 years of absence from the music industry, noone in their right minds would. It's too long, too complex and definitely not an instant hit. From what we've heard so far I'd choose IRS or Better. However, there are many more songs in the record that we haven't heard yet and they could be much better than what we've heard so far.

Also, why do they have to announce a record or a single at some gig?

A press release including the full tour and the record release date will be fine.

Everybody in the world will reprint the article within an hour or 2.

Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »

TWAT is definitely not going to be a single. TWAT is a killer epic like Estranged, but it's not a hit single, that's for sure. I think that the band should have a single on radio before the start of this tour, but who knows if that will happen or not.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »

I think you'll be lucky to see an album in 06 never mind a single soon..

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Mike posted something negative!!

The album is coming by the end of the year. And staying on topic, I think the original poster is right. I believe we'll get the single before or right around the next show. Not sure about TWAT though. I think it's gonna be something we ain't heard yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »

As far as singles go, out of the songs we have heard, I'd go for The Blues...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »

I think the first single will be better. ?As a title it would be a marketing dream to have a title like that. "The new BETTER Guns n Roses are back" et al. Its a song thats been in the public domain and has also the advantage of being filmed live, so expect a live video to go with it. ?Cheap to make (by comparison to a scripted and acted one) known by loads of old and new gunners alike and with a common opinion that its a decent song, if not the best of the known new stuff. ?Plus if they are gonna do the chatshows circuit like Leno, SNL, Jonathon Ross Parkinson etc, they'll be well rehearsed for the show already. ?I also think a "B" side could be a ?live track also from the recent tour possibly SCOM if an old track or I.R.S. if using a new one.

A bit of organisation piecing it together with the material already there and they're off and running. Simple really...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2006, 04:23:05 PM »

my guess: TWAT will be the 1st single

wrong.

the first single must be a more aggressive song

T.w.a.t. could be a 2nd or 3rd single.

moreover, the single could be a song we never heard before.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
flickn
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

tHERES NO REASON TO RELEASE A SINGLE IN A GLOBAL DOWNLOAD WORLD , WE ALL KNOW WHAT FEW SONGS WILL MAKE THIS ALBUM ,

1.MAKE THE TOUR DATES AND STICK TO THEM.

2.IF YOU SAY CD IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR THEN, STICK TO YOUR GUNS( NO PUN INTENDED )
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »

tHERES NO REASON TO RELEASE A SINGLE IN A GLOBAL DOWNLOAD WORLD , WE ALL KNOW WHAT FEW SONGS WILL MAKE THIS ALBUM ,

2.IF YOU SAY CD IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR THEN, STICK TO YOUR GUNS( NO PUN INTENDED )

Well then you're in luck, since the album is coming this year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »

I think the first single will be better.  As a title it would be a marketing dream to have a title like that. "The new BETTER Guns n Roses are back" et al. Its a song thats been in the public domain and has also the advantage of being filmed live, so expect a live video to go with it.  Cheap to make (by comparison to a scripted and acted one) known by loads of old and new gunners alike and with a common opinion that its a decent song, if not the best of the known new stuff.  Plus if they are gonna do the chatshows circuit like Leno, SNL, Jonathon Ross Parkinson etc, they'll be well rehearsed for the show already.  I also think a "B" side could be a  live track also from the recent tour possibly SCOM if an old track or I.R.S. if using a new one.

A bit of organisation piecing it together with the material already there and they're off and running. Simple really...

I hope a B-side wouldn't be a live track. I hope they give us new material that we have never heard and NEVER do what they used to do on their singles. Give us some real fucking B-sides this time and stop it with album tracks and live songs. If they give us 2 (maybe 3) new songs per single, then we could get up to 8 or 12 new songs that aren't on CD.  25 new songs total for this album wouldn't be too bad.  Axl at one time did say that we would have 12(??) bonus or extra tracks or something, didn't he??  I would assume he was talking about B-sides.  Even if we didn't get all NEW songs as B-sides, I would still rather have an acoustic version of the single or a demo version of it, rather than a various live song.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
B_Diddy
Opening Act

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

Yes, singles has lost some of their old value BUT it's still nice to have one certain song played in radio stations all over the world as promotion for the album - air play is still air play.

It's still an unbeatable way of creating a buzz before a record comes out...so, I'm quite certain that GnR will be "old fashioned" with a single and probably a video to go with that before the actual release of Chinese Democracy. But my guess is as good as yours Wink

I've been dancin' with the Catcher in the rye, the TWAT has been knockin', the IRS won't leave me alone...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2006, 04:56:07 PM »

Almost all bands and artists still release singles.  It doesn't matter if you download it on your computer or not, it's still a single.  I haven't bought a single for years (on CD), but I've downloaded plenty of them (legally) and still received the b-sides and whatever else may be on them.  It would be stupid to not release a single to radio stations though, really fucking stupid.

EDIT:  If people stopped releasing singles, we wouldn't get any b-sides!!  That would fucking suck, especially if you're a fan of great bands that release GREAT b-sides.  Singles are not that "old fashioned" either, EVERY TOP ARTIST STILL RELEASES SINGLES.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 05:01:39 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »

Almost all bands and artist still release singles.? It doesn't matter if you download it on your computer or not, it's still a single.? I haven't bought a single for years (on CD), but I've downloaded plenty of them (legally) and still received the b-sides and whatever else may be on them.? It would be stupid to not release a single to radio stations though, really fucking stupid.

I understand and somewhat agree with the original thought here. But there at least has to be something released to radio. What would they do without radio support?

Origen
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »

Singles are still very important because of Music Videos playing a key factor, that's what it's all about these days. If you can make a memorable music video then people will buy the single if they like the single then they will buy the album.
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

Axl said "New music will be heard this year".

We've had new music : shows, and leaked demos.

If there is a single, I bet it'll be something we've NOT heard so far.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: